Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.03.12, 08:31 AM   #41
Nathan0301

Nathan0301 is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
And Scribble.
But I get the feeling that Nathan doesn't really read. He just writes.
sorry...My English isn't good enough to read sometime...so...I just miss it and harry to know whether people have it.
Also,I wanna know whether it export to Hong Kong or not.
Actully,I have differenty reading what you all type totally...
Sorry again...
Old 2009.03.12, 10:05 AM   #42
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
And Scribble.
I don't =P I haven't ordered it, either.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.12, 11:54 AM   #43
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I mean Mr. Sands. Sorry.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.12, 12:03 PM   #44
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I just got the DVD today too. I just got home so I haven't watched it yet but the packaging is soooo lame. The booklet is just a three page spread of a picture from behind the back of Neko and you can see Ringo in the distance. It's lame. The sticker is the same shape as the warning ones from before but it is also lame, poor design, says "Ringo Expo08, has the apple with thunder, and a kanji character. The score for Mikan no Some Kanji is a strip of paper barely longer than the sticker. If you didn't get the first press, you're definitely not missing out. The concert itself should make up for it, I suppose.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.12, 12:11 PM   #45
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I assumed the score would be this A4 sized thing worthy of a scan, but it sounds like garbage! in fact the whole packages presentation sounds like garbage.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.12, 12:13 PM   #46
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I don't think I feel like downloading this. Even though I know they're good songs, and possibly good performances and I'll probly download it anyway

When the concerts happened people poo-poo'd my lack of exuberance. "It' her anniversary! It's going to be a compilation of all her work. Not gonna be new, what were you expecting. blahblahblah." And I knew well that was going to be the case. But when people were pre-emtively claiming her creative comeback or whatever, I wasn't nearly as enthusiastic because we've heard all these songs before and we're aware they're good already. *cue previously mentioned criticism*
The thing is though, it's not like we haven't heard these songs in ten years. ALOT of the songs we've heard within the last year. Pretty much all within four, less considering dvd releases.
The point is, it's not like Shiina has been out of the spotlight for 10 years, or that these particular songs haven't been heard in even five years. Yes its a nice impressive set, but as a concert idea it doesn't seem like a big deal and just seems like another concert, if a big one.

So I find it really difficult to care that much when I have already seen GX/EM/DO/JCHI (even) and the S+T/SOTC2 stuff
Old 2009.03.12, 02:24 PM   #47
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
Ringo, on a whole, seemed a bit distant. She came through during some songs, channeling that inner beast, but she seemed aloof and every time she addressed the audience she said the EXACT SAME THING (minus one part at the very end), and when she left the last encore she just kind of waved and turned, like she was escaping. I don't know, I sit and compare this to seeing her perform with Jihen and when she is with Jihen she just seems more herself, happier, chattier, angrier, more willing to experiment vocally and throw herself into it. I mean I guess what I'm saying is that I'd rather see Ringo throw herself into it and try, even if she falls on her ass, rather than play it cold and cool like she has done recently when performing solo.

It is almost like she forgot who she used to be, who that "shiina ringo" of yore was, and she is inpersonating herself, or at least who she was portraying herself to be several years ago. which just goes to prove the point that it was an alt persona all along like she had been saying and her real nature is the Ringo we see with Jihen.
Dude, you're crazy, give it up. This show was amazing. She did so many different things, it was so fun to watch. I don't want to ruin it for people but I really liked the bit with the apples and how she "escaped" before the encore. What she kept doing with her hair was also very interesting.

In terms of the songs, I hadn't listened to her for a while again, and so all these songs seemed so fresh, especially how the orchestra was in all of them. I thought it was awesome that they blended the arrangements instead of doing purely orchestrated versions of some of them or not having orchestrations at all in others. I do agree about Blackout, though. Although I like the new arrangement, it was not much better or equal; just enjoyable.

Junpei is a clown.
Old 2009.03.12, 04:51 PM   #48
Mr Sands

Mr Sands is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
I don't think I feel like downloading this.

Then don't and miss out. If you can't even be bothered to steal the damn thing, despite all the comments saying what a great show it is, then it's not worth your time.
The great thing about Ringo's lives is that that are all pretty different to each other and Ringo Expo was different still...
--
Isn't it crazy how these days it's easier to download something than actually buy it legally.
Mr Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.12, 04:54 PM   #49
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

^Read before you post plzkthx.

Is the cover just the eye thing?

If so that cover kicks ass.
Old 2009.03.12, 05:14 PM   #50
HEDOfloe

^ Yea, the cover is the eye. It's ok, I was disappointed that the same image is used on the booklet and then there aren't even a lot of pictures inside.