Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.10.01, 06:35 PM   #21
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
I can guarantee the work that went into the HF dvd was FAR below that of even the most basic of music videos. They're not "promoting" anything, its like going to an art show and because theres background music playing, calling it a theatre production
Dude, 3d animation is not easy. Neither is reproducing those effects and also matching it to the music sometimes. You know how long it takes to rig the most basic biped model? let alone Giraffes and other crazy shit. I'm not going to demean a music video but you can't take away all the work that went into those videos. It's not Disney, but it is still really good.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.01, 06:36 PM   #22
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Yes. As a matter of fact, I do know. In fact, it's my business.
Old 2007.10.01, 06:39 PM   #23
HEDOfloe

You're an animator now?
Old 2007.10.01, 06:42 PM   #24
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

animation is in the field of radio-television-film, and in fact a method I not only follow, and am a fan of, but worked (as an amateur, admittedly) in. Thanks for your interest =)
Old 2007.10.01, 06:44 PM   #25
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
Dude, 3d animation is not easy. Neither is reproducing those effects and also matching it to the music sometimes. You know how long it takes to rig the most basic biped model? let alone Giraffes and other crazy shit. I'm not going to demean a music video but you can't take away all the work that went into those videos. It's not Disney, but it is still really good.
Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
You're an animator now?
Well now, I figure if peoples' careers are commonly related to their hobbies (when they get to choose and don't care so much about money - instead of getting thrown into one of life's many traps), then Tokyo Jihad here with his "Pixar DVDs" that someone likes to repeatedly nailgun through the forehead ad hominem-style in unrelated discussions, well... maybe, just maybe it's not so unbelievable that he's at least a semi-expert on animation.
Old 2007.10.01, 06:48 PM   #26
HEDOfloe

animation is in the field of radio-television-film, and in fact a method I not only follow, and am a fan of, but worked (as an amateur, admittedly) in. Thanks for your interest =)
So you're still not an animator.
Old 2007.10.01, 06:51 PM   #27
Tokyo Jihad

ive animated in 3ds max. it wasnt a Pixar film*, but i have. Ive animated several 2d shorts, one of which an hour in length.

So kindly shut the fuck up about my credentials which you care not to recognize even after I've informed you.

*: It was a shitty Dreamworks GCI film! *bah-dum-bum*pssh* thank you, i'll be here all night, tip your waiters or waitresses

HEDO-EDIT:
Now, I know your young Hedo, and maybe I didn't learn the lesson at your age either. But when you are clearly wrong: thats your cue to stop your gums from flapping.

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2007.10.01 at 07:01 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.01, 06:57 PM   #28
HEDOfloe

It was while you were informing me, not after. ^_~

That still doesn't mean you should demean the animators and all the others that worked on the DVD.
Old 2007.10.01, 06:58 PM   #29
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Hurray for ad hominem.
Facts can be potentially presented by anyone (certified or otherwise) and still be facts.

Fact:
The more imperfections you deliberately add into a 3D model, the more realistic it appears. For example...

Name:  directx10_face.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  33.9 KB

Expert Opinion bordering on Fact:
Heisei Fuuzoku has very few (if any) deliberate imperfections in the "motion graphics". The imperfections you do see are of a very different kind - the "We don't have the budget to add more polygons and vertex shaders" kind.
Old 2007.10.01, 07:01 PM   #30
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Hurray for ad hominem.
Facts can be potentially presented by anyone (certified or otherwise) and still be facts.

Fact:
The more imperfections you deliberately add into a 3D model, the more realistic it appears. For example...

Attachment 704

Expert Opinion bordering on Fact:
Heisei Fuuzoku has very few (if any) deliberate imperfections in the "motion graphics". The imperfections you do see are of a very different kind - the "We don't have the budget to add more polygons and vertex shaders" kind.
Dude, I'm not saying they made the next Advent Children, but they deserve credit for their work.

HEDO-EDIT:Now, I know your young Hedo, and maybe I didn't learn the lesson at your age either. But when you are clearly wrong: thats your cue to stop your gums from flapping.
How was I wrong for not knowing your resume? As I said earlier in this post, its about credit being given where credit is due. You think since you're into camera work that it's more difficult or worth more than the HF animations.