Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.09.24, 06:31 AM   #1
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts
Default Ringo 10th Anniversary Shows

so now that we stand and look forward to these shows as the next and final step of her anniversary, I thought we should create a thread specifically to discussing them (I don't believe we have one)

and on a side note:

I unfortunately won't be able to attend any of the three shows I won the tickets for, as I will be moving and gone from Japan at that time...soooooo if anyone wants S-type tickets, let me know! I won 2 tickets to each 3 nights!
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.24, 06:36 AM   #2
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Yesterday I watched the Dai Ikkai DVD again, and, after watching the RSRF performance, I really think we'll get another orchestral/boring show in November...

She looks happy when she does this kind of performance, she loves it, so I wouldn't expect a rock show at all...
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.24, 07:06 AM   #3
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Yesterday I watched the Dai Ikkai DVD again, and, after watching the RSRF performance, I really think we'll get another orchestral/boring show in November...

She looks happy when she does this kind of performance, she loves it, so I wouldn't expect a rock show at all...
I agree... I've never seen her smile on stage the way she did in those RSR clips. She really does seem happy with what she's doing now so I don't think we can expect anything different this November. I'll keep my fingers crossed for those of you who are going, though. Lucky bastards.
a_grumble_cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.24, 07:07 AM   #4
Orenji

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake View Post
I agree... I've never seen her smile on stage the way she did in those RSR clips. She really does seem happy with what she's doing now so I don't think we can expect anything different this November. I'll keep my fingers crossed for those of you who are going, though. Lucky bastards.
Haha, yes... I'd pay anything (well, maybe not xD) in order to attend one of those shows! Maybe she'll do a two-part thing again, a la Dai Ikkai.
Old 2008.09.24, 07:55 AM   #5
kuro_neko

in her interview about her anniversary for Rockin On the interview asked what the show will be like and she said she wants to approach it being about the music, as a singer songwriter. So I think rather than a big lavish production and over the top theatrics its really going to just be about the 10 years of music she has made, much like the stripped down version of Onaji Yoru she did with Saitou Neko at RSR. He also asked if she would do any new songs and she kind of gave a roundabout way of saying yes and laughing it off.

I don't see anything like EM or ZX or anything of that. I think it will be a little bit of everything and there will be appearances by various people to help get the point across, including Saitou Neko as well as a proper band set up. I don't think its going to be all guitars, or all strings, but a mix of everything.

tickets anyone? I'M DESPERATE HELP A POOR FELLOW OUTTTT
Old 2008.09.24, 08:17 AM   #6
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

can't we expect a big production affair with her going through all stages of her career? Maybe half of the show will kick ass then.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.24, 08:30 AM   #7
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Ban Uki and (Saito) Neko from the show and I'll be inclined to listen.
(ok, i'd be inclined even if Uki was there -- just no fucking Neko, christ)

Ok maybe start the show with the Neko bullshit she's in love with. Three songs or so, then start the real show.

(it looked to me an awful lot like she was enjoying the ZX show than she was the Dai Ikkai show..)
Old 2008.09.24, 09:44 AM   #8
kuro_neko

if I'm not mistaken she hasn't announced who her backing band will be

considering the presence of Saitou Neko at RSR I think he will definitely be there. HF aside, he has played a part in every single one of her releases more or less (was he actually on KZK? I don't remember), so it makes proper sense that he will appear. I don't think she will delve too far into that HF pool though, considering all the exposure it got. Maybe we will finally get a proper live Yami ni Furu Ame? That would be badaaaassssss

TJ will not be, she said as much in her interview with Rockin On, she is focusing on the singer/songwriter angle, hence it will be about her, perhaps she will play the piano and guitar some? However, I think its fair to assume Kameda will be her bassist. He has been with her since before her debut and has been her only bassist over the years. To have an anniversary show without him would be a bit odd....

as for the rest of the band...perhaps it will be am amalgam of her friends, like from Soil and Pimp, maybe even other bands, who knows. I guess we just won't know for another two months or so.
Old 2008.09.24, 09:55 AM   #9
Orenji

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
was he actually on KZK? I don't remember
Of course he was. He plays violin in Meisai, and even appears in its PV (as well as Ukigumo xD).
Old 2008.09.24, 10:20 AM   #10
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
So I think rather than a big lavish production and over the top theatrics its really going to just be about the 10 years of music she has made, much like the stripped down version of Onaji Yoru she did with Saitou Neko at RSR.
it's funny you should say that because I watched that Onaji Yoru performance a couple of hours ago and the word "theatrical" was circling around in my head. That little gasp before the last line, the intentionally thickened voice, the dramatic exit... it's like watching an actor putting on a show and that's exactly my problem with her work lately. I hope the upcoming shows WON'T be like that. She was singing mediocre songs in the cam RSR clips but at least she was smiling and showing real emotion... I'll take that over diva-esque Ringo.

but omg... new songs?!
a_grumble_cake is offline   Reply With Quote