Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: Your track of choice on Color Bars
今夜はから騒ぎ (Konya wa Karasawagi) 16 43.24%
怪ホラーダスト (Kai-horrordust) 0 0%
タイムカプセル (Time Capsule) 1 2.70%
sa_i_ta 15 40.54%
ほんとのところ (Honto no Tokoro) 5 13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012.02.24, 05:31 PM   #51
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

High repetition matters when it is done mindlessly without any sort of finesse. Like Hata's screaming. And bad writing.

I agree with you about sa_i_ta's ending. I skip it over all the time once the main bits are over.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.24, 07:45 PM   #52
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by BlueApple View Post
In relation to Honto no Tokoro lyrics:

--Where did the lyrics come from?
Hata: Cool. I've never been asked that before (laughter).
Everyone
: (Laughter)
Hata
: I really found a dead crow and raccoon dog near my house.
--You live in Tokyo, right?
Hata: Yeah, but there are raccoon dogs. Around where I live. There are also toddy cats and martens. I saw the dead crow and felt sorry for it, so I thought I'd bury it in my friend's field. But then a bunch of crows came clamoring. They didn't attack me, but I thought they seemed sad in some way. That night I found a raccoon dog dead in front of my house. It was still warm.
--So, the crow and raccoon dog line is a true story.
Hata: Same with the cat being eaten by a hawk. A guy at an onsen I stayed at in Yamanashi told me about it. Basically, the lyrics are about deaths that have occurred near me.
--Everything that lives in the universe, actually, does not really want to die--the lyrics are your view of life and death in a way.
Hata: Yes. But at the same time I think my own fascination with death is in there as well.

whoa, oh my god. Didn't realize they were publishing official English translations of the interviews/liner notes. Ahh! Exciting! (Funny though, they keep linking to the members' statements on the band breaking up but those aren't translated officially.) I can't figure out where they're all linked from though? Are there more?
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.24, 09:32 PM   #53
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I just noticed this in the translated liner notes, about the color bars interlude in Discovery:

At the end, the dancing bands became color bars, and at the moment the audience’s gaze was directed from the screen to the stage, the five Incidents members appeared, with pomp and circumstance, accompanied by the explosive intro to “Queen of Kabuki-cho”
lol, I wish it was
matan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.15, 05:01 AM   #54
Kingyohime

Kingyohime has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Whee, my vote just pushed sa_i_ta into the top!

...should I duck?

I liked Honto no Tokoro slightly more after reading that interview, but that's not really saying much. There's probably going to be no getting over my disturbing first impression of that song for me. I was kind of shocked when I listened to it, first by the notion that this would be their final song (as in last song on their last release - before Tokyo Collection was announced though), and then again after "why he is he chanting about the dead cat?" gave way to "wait, when you consider how much cat imagery is associated with Ringo, this becomes KIND OF WEIRD."
Kingyohime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.15, 05:23 AM   #55
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

You just explained why its one of the best songs to come out of Tokyo Jihen.
Old 2012.03.15, 07:08 AM   #56
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by matan-san View Post
I just noticed this in the translated liner notes, about the color bars interlude in Discovery:

Queen of Kabuki-cho
lol, I wish it was
Ha! You're right, in the Japanese it says "Kabuki." I wonder who they got to do this translation? It looks like it's the only one so far.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.20, 05:24 PM   #57
kalmia

kalmia is an asset to this community

Ukigumo's sa_i_ta is my favorite song out of the bunch. Ringo's track is my second favorite. Kameda's is okay. And the other two I never ever listen to. I just can't with Izawa.
kalmia is offline   Reply With Quote