Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.03.27, 10:42 AM   #61
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

What I'm wondering is, what do they hope to accomplish with that (premature) listing, if they haven't even specified a price, and they aren't accepting orders?

If they allowed me to place an (attempted) order for a limited copy of Stem, only to find out they didn't really have it or couldn't get it - then why would they list something that they won't even let you preorder yet? Even if the preorders end up exceeding Amazon's allotment of the Ringo Files, they could just, you know, honor the orders on a first-come first-served basis, and blow everyone else off in the same way they could blow me off for trying to order Stem during a time when they said it was still available.
Old 2009.03.27, 12:29 PM   #62
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I'm pretty sure they are anticipating e-market and auction people to list the item sooon. they might not stock it themselves but they will certainly serve to make a profit by selling it from another buyer third party.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.27, 12:33 PM   #63
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

yeah, Neko's right. Amazon does this now, list an item they never intend to carry themselves for third party sellers
Old 2009.03.27, 12:43 PM   #64
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Even if Amazon is a first-party seller of anything else from Rockin'On Japan? That's just twisted.
Old 2009.03.27, 02:28 PM   #65
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Or maybe they also want the reviews of the item on their site, to draw traffic. Amazon is crafty!
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.27, 07:39 PM   #66
entrydenied

entrydenied pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Okay, I'm confused.
How could Amazon.co.jp go straight into listing a product that they aren't offering to sell, and haven't yet ever offered to sell? I hope they change their story. Seems like a breach of retailer etiquette to list a product before you've set a price, without even a "Coming Soon" or "To Be Announced". Just an "Oh, it's gone before it even exists". Seriously, what the fuck? I'll order it from somewhere else if I have to, but I'd rather not.
They have it in stock already...This is stange. I ordered it with another item and requested for them to be shipped together because the other item won't be available till may...And now they're preparing to ship it...Erk...Now I have to pay basic shipping twice...
entrydenied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.27, 11:25 PM   #67
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I'm going to stray slightly off the current topic... Ew @ the typeface used on the cover. And why isn't it centred?

At least I know the photos inside will be awesome
Old 2009.03.28, 05:51 AM   #68
entrydenied

entrydenied pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I'm going to stray slightly off the current topic... Ew @ the typeface used on the cover. And why isn't it centred?

At least I know the photos inside will be awesome
The cover's not exactly good either...
entrydenied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.28, 05:56 AM   #69
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Just saw the image, the writing style reminds me of a headstone especially with the use of large gold, hopefully not really gonna look like that? is this the definite final cover image?
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.28, 06:22 AM   #70
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
Just saw the image, the writing style reminds me of a headstone especially with the use of large gold, hopefully not really gonna look like that? is this the definite final cover image?

I dunno what else it could be. I doubt Amazon made it as a temp cover.

Edit: These things should be so easy to design... take nice photo of Ringo.. place simple, clean, small heading somewhere suitable. DONE.