Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: What is your opinion of Sanmon Gossip overall?
Positive. / I liked it. 89 90.82%
Negative. / I didn't like it. 9 9.18%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009.07.03, 11:45 AM   #51
waxringo

waxringo has had more than 15 seconds of fame

i actually am coming to be head over heels for the album
some of the songs wont get out of my head
and her voice is amazing
she shows that she still has it
Old 2009.07.08, 08:58 AM   #52
Lain-Luscious

Lain-Luscious pleased at least somebody

I like some songs, but I think that as an album is not very consistent, it seems to be all over the place, more like a recopilation of random ideas she's gathered throughout the years. Not that every album has to have a concept or anything, but imo there doesn't seem to be an intention behind the album other than just releasing more stuff.

So even though I like some songs, I'll go with Negative/I don't like it.

"These are the last rites...the lain is dead"
http://lain-luscious.deviantart.com
Lain-Luscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.14, 04:53 PM   #53
憂い菩薩

憂い菩薩 is headed in the right direction

Hey y'all, first post for me here though I've been lurking on and off for a year or so I really like this album, for totally different reasons than I love any other Shiina album - this album makes me happy. I would not hesitate to describe this album as giddy, excluding Shun, Chiten, and Bonsai, which are there to counter all the happy. I definitely knew it wouldn't be a return to pre-TJ style Shiina music, and I'm glad she's not trying to stick to the past. I like this new evolution, it puts a smile on my face
憂い菩薩 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.15, 12:52 AM   #54
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Yayyyyy!
Welcome and do post more!
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.15, 06:47 PM   #55
Fukurou

Fukurou pleased at least somebody

For sure, not her best.
What bothers me is that a lot of songs could've been Jihen, and I was waiting something else from a Shiina comeback, more like her 3rd album. (also, covers, again ? seriously ? Oh well, at least they're good, but...)
More original things like Bonsai hada and Togata teguchi.
Overall, it's still a good album. With a few great songs, and a few we don't really need.
So after the disappointment, I thought : "heh, is it so bad that some artists albums are not better and better every time ?"...well I guess it's ok. It would've been a real disappointment if it was bad, but it's not.
My expectations just lowered the whole a little at the start, I guess.
Fukurou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.15, 09:49 PM   #56
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

What covers?
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.15, 10:20 PM   #57
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Self cover maybe? the new Marusadi.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.16, 02:25 AM   #58
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Well that's one and it couldn't be more stressed as a bonus track. It's not a critical part of the album in the way the HF remakes were.
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.17, 05:11 PM   #59
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

Voted "like". I enjoyed my last listen to it, but I've not felt the familiar need to replay SR compositions with SG and develop a relationship with them, with the exceptions of Vogue, Shun and Mayakashi Yasaotoko.

It's just I'm not into the Broadway tendency, which is a feature of the melody as much as the orchestration in Tsugou no ii Karada and the chorus of Karisome Otome. One high note in TnIK in particular sounds forced and theatrical and it's just not my kind of thing. And I have to admit I don't really get Bonsai Hada. Otherwise the album's nice it's just with the rest of the catalogue still sounding fresh I prefer replaying that (except HF & Variety).

SG has helped me become a SAPS/J.A.M fan though ... They're amazing .

Last edited by so_cold : 2009.07.17 at 05:49 PM.
so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.18, 01:50 AM   #60
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I don't get all the love for that accordion song either. It sounds kinda cheap and 'hey i'm trying to make a beautiful composition with a rare instrument here, give me some attention!!!!!!!!' which to me, makes the song feel like a 'plastic surgery' type of constructed beauty as opposed to the kind that comes from the heart and soul. Sure there were good moments in that song i.e the pre-chorus, but that was quickly marred by the jarring semi-operatic singing in the chorus.

I voted like in this poll anyway, simply because i didn't hate the album. For sure I wasn't expecting the old SR to come back (that idea died with Phase 2), but is it too much to expect to hear some surprise chord movements in the music that really made me a fan in the first place?