Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2010.01.27, 09:23 AM   #11
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Sakuran featured a very guitar-heavy version of Gamble, that a lot of people would love to have on CD. Also, some of the songs were featured as instrumentals exactly like the versions you can buy at e-Onkyo. It would have been a distraction to have vocals in every Sakuran song.

To my knowledge, there are no completely unique compositions or arrangements in Sakuran, aside from their version of Gamble.
Old 2010.01.27, 12:21 PM   #12
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Sakuran featured a very guitar-heavy version of Gamble, that a lot of people would love to have on CD. Also, some of the songs were featured as instrumentals exactly like the versions you can buy at e-Onkyo. It would have been a distraction to have vocals in every Sakuran song.

To my knowledge, there are no completely unique compositions or arrangements in Sakuran, aside from their version of Gamble.
there are the two solo piano arrangements of Yume no Ato and STEM, both instrumental and without vocal. they play at various short spots throughout the movie, but they were the only actual OST music in the movie, aside from Gamble, that differed from what was on HF.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.27, 12:42 PM   #13
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I didn't see the music with the performance. It's quite something...

There was a Kabuki show here recently...they do free theatre/music tickets for people under 25 and I booked it but something came up. Ach, really regretting it now.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.28, 10:31 AM   #14
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

If you get another chance, definitely go. I thought kabuki would be boring but it was actually super cool to watch.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.29, 01:23 PM   #15
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I got to go to this amazing performance at a very famous kabuki theatre in tokyo and the day of the show they had a kabuki presentation with some of the actors. my school and a bunch of random japanese tourist groups were there and they wanted people to go on stage, so beforehand my school preselected two students (me and another girl in my japanese class) to go up on stage, because they needed students who were comfortable going up in front of people and making an ass of themselves in japanese. I got to go up on the stage and horse around with some of the famous actors and made about 200 random japanese people crack up at my inability to have any clue what to do. it was fun though. kabuki seems boring but it is really interesting if you have someone to explain it/guide you through it. most theatres in japan can offer you a seat way high up in the balcony with an ear plug explaining what your watching and a 1 act admission (so you don't have to spend all day watching).
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote