Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2010.03.09, 03:39 PM   #11
JM Romeo

JM Romeo is headed in the right direction

Ok, so since I am going to Japan in a couple of weeks, I thought

Why not go to a Tokyo Jihen concert? They start their tour the day after my arrival. Awesome timing! I'll keep an eye open to get a ticket.
And 7 hours after the online thingies were opened, BAM. No tickets. Just like that. So I asked my Japanese teacher to kindly investigate alternatives and I ended up shelling out 3 times as much for a ticket to the opening gig, on the 26th of March. Goddamn fucking resellers.

I planned to go with my girlfriend (she is coming to this trip with me) and she was willing to pay the 6,500 yen asked for a regular ticket, but unlike me, she has a properly functioning head and decided against paying 3 times as much to some smartass. Anyway, if anybody from this forum is going to the Kawaguchi act and wants to meet up with a random dude from the Internets, I'd be glad to. It's not like I know anybody in Tokyo, so all forms of socializing are OK in my book.

Also, a noobish questions. The audience is sitting during the concert in Japan? I can't imagine a rock concert with people sitting, but I remember one of my King Crimson DVDs live in Tokyo showing people sitting like it was opera. It wasn't like that in my Dream Theater - Live at Budokan DVD, so it might be a venue thing.

Second post here. Glad to be here and hello everybody.
JM Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.09, 07:00 PM   #12
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

Hey there!

Yay for making a trip to Japan coincide with a TJ live show!! I'm doing the same thing, but my ticket is for the Nagoya show on the 17th.

I'm also wondering the same thing about sitting/standing. I remember seeing people in TJ shows (from DVDs) getting up even when there's seats, except that everyone stays on their spot?

Also I believe this time all the shows are standing room only, but the order of getting in the room is determined by your ticket #.

Also another question: are there unannounced opening acts usually? I don't remember seeing any shows here without some kind of opening acts but I have no idea how that works in Japan!
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.09, 07:56 PM   #13
JM Romeo

JM Romeo is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by zarya View Post
Hey there!

Yay for making a trip to Japan coincide with a TJ live show!! I'm doing the same thing, but my ticket is for the Nagoya show on the 17th.

I'm also wondering the same thing about sitting/standing. I remember seeing people in TJ shows (from DVDs) getting up even when there's seats, except that everyone stays on their spot?

Also I believe this time all the shows are standing room only, but the order of getting in the room is determined by your ticket #.

Also another question: are there unannounced opening acts usually? I don't remember seeing any shows here without some kind of opening acts but I have no idea how that works in Japan!
Well, there's definitely a bunch of floor/row/seat numbers in my ticket, and that is gonna suck because I usually work my way through any crowd to be in the first rows of any concert I go to. The last two ones, Nine Inch Nails and Porcupine Tree were particularly intense (March of the Pigs will never be the same again) and now I'll have to make do with sitting on the top balcony.

Alas, I'll take what I can get. Enjoy your stay there! And try to document your concert trip. I'll try to post pictures and such of mine (although befriending randoms with my extraordinarily limited Japanese will not be easy, so I might look out of place taking pictures of myself doing dumb smiles and such).
JM Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.10, 01:25 AM   #14
pariscombo

pariscombo deserves a fucking medal

When the concert starts everyone stands up, so you have to stand up because you can't see the stage clearly or it just makes you do so unconsiously. It seems, however, that peoples in the second floor take a seat throughout the concert.

I haven't seen any unannounced opening acts. Usually there're only background musics playing continuously before the concert.