Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.03.25, 09:54 AM   #21
teattum

teattum has had more than 15 seconds of fame

This is all we can do... taking what we're given.

And no, I don't feel happy for the release. No, I definitely don't.
I mean, I don't have any hostility about it. It's far worse. I don't care.

The thing is I didn't want to post this kind of message, but since so many people seem content with the release. I've decided to speak at the behalf of people (there must be some) who, like me, are not stirred by this news (to say the least).

It's just already several year we haven't hear anything new, in a wholly way of sense. Not even any Tokyo Jihen stuffs. In which case, if it were the only way we could have new material, sure, I would take it.
teattum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.25, 12:11 PM   #22
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Why would we be hearing about any Tokyo Jihen stuff? Personally, I think that project has run its course. I really hope they never bring it back.

Shiina's recent tour is new (though that's limited to certain people, unfortunately). This announcement, while they are songs she's lent to other people, is new. It's going to have a fresh take on the material. Has Shiina even sung any of these songs herself? I'm really looking forward to hearing them.

Considering Shiina has just had another child and is feeling pretty content in her world, I wouldn't put much pressure on her to put out new material. Maybe she is working on writing new songs? Who knows. Seems she has a lot of leeway with how she can use her time in the musical world these days.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.25, 12:53 PM   #23
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by teattum View Post
This is all we can do... taking what we're given.

And no, I don't feel happy for the release. No, I definitely don't.
I mean, I don't have any hostility about it. It's far worse. I don't care.
I'd actually be more interested in a "self cover" album that featured studio recorded versions of the different live arrangements. Yanno like Tsumiki Asobi from ZX or any of the KSK songs from EM. Stuff like that.

At least this album should have new arrangements, right?
Old 2014.03.25, 01:42 PM   #24
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
This announcement, while they are songs she's lent to other people, is new...Considering Shiina has just had another child and is feeling pretty content in her world, I wouldn't put much pressure on her to put out new material. Maybe she is working on writing new songs? Who knows. Seems she has a lot of leeway with how she can use her time in the musical world these days.
Being content is a sign of artistic drought. Pressure comes from record company. As for her time, she spent it feeding the infant, but what else is new?
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.25, 01:52 PM   #25
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
Why would we be hearing about any Tokyo Jihen stuff? Personally, I think that project has run its course. I really hope they never bring it back.
It's their tenth anniversary either this year or next. She can bring the whole family along for a reunion project too. It would have an egg on the front cover and the first track would be an electric guitar orchestra a la the second Senkou Shoujo PV.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.25, 04:19 PM   #26
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I feel much happier spending money on this 15th anniversary solo stuff (which face it, this is another extension of really-EMI like to drag things out) than I did on the multitude of Jihen breakup releases. Besides, better this than nothing, and it's more material than she's offered (from the studio) in quite a while. So either enjoy or be bitter. Or ignore. It's totally up to you.

Besides, this is kinda sorta following pattern of releases like before KZK right? SS, kid, Covers album (UM), Baishou, KZK...

Look how long there was between KZK to SG too... Instead of no album we got Jihen though, this time we get solo smatterings... It's all good.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.03.25 at 04:27 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.25, 04:23 PM   #27
anonlurker

Any activity is better than no activity. Who wants a drought?
Old 2014.03.25, 04:35 PM   #28
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

If you were gonna be really silly about it, you could say that she's actually offered more Ringo penned songs in the last 2 years than she had from Variety onward with Jihen... where she only penned what, 1-3 tracks on each album? (Absolutely nada on Variety) :-p

Not only that, but I have noticed in recent times, that a lot of the songs she's penned for other people have been among her best (whether of that particular era or of all time in general) and I always have felt a bit bitter about that. This album is exciting because it's like homecoming/justice for me haha.

I can only hope that the theory/rumour about a second volume of this is true, and features the Sayuri track :-p If not, I'm satisfied enough that we get a Ringo-sung studio version of Saizakizaka, which now I would call the best song she's written since SG (IMO).

Also, a (most likely unwarranted and paranoid from being fucked by EMI so many times) concern... *Feel free to laugh at me*
I'd laugh (and cry at the same time) if this thing ended up merely being the originals (with same vocals) remixed by different producers. The only thing bothering me is how its all shown on Kronekodow... it has the original artist and date in that graph, but doesn't say "originally by"... :-/

Another thought I just had too, showing how I feel about EMI; Now that this is coming out, I expect there's gonna be a PV sometime to support it. Meaning then that they'll have enough videos to make sexual healing 5. Assholes :-p

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.03.25 at 06:05 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.25, 06:31 PM   #29
anonlurker

If it was the actual original tracks remixed that would be a new evil. It can't be? She wouldn't put herself on the box for that!
Old 2014.03.25, 06:38 PM   #30
deadgrandma

Originally Posted by anonlurker View Post
If it was the actual original tracks remixed that would be a new evil. It can't be? She wouldn't put herself on the box for that!
Heh, it most likely isn't true (I'm only half serious) but you know, we've had so many so-so releases from EMI in the past, I wouldn't put it past them at some point :-p

Speaking of remixes, I'm surprised EMI haven't done that (remix album) yet either for Ringo :-p

I am serious about the Sexual Healing 5 though... why wouldn't they take the opportunity? I mean, it's not a completely bad thing to get either- I would love to get Carnation PV on an official release (in Blu Ray quality).