Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.05.25, 07:10 AM   #71
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Hm, I wonder why that is.

So anyways, I've been listening to Tsumiki Asobi lately. Which live version do you guys like best?

I know there is Gekokujou, Zazen, and EXPO, and probably other bootlegs floating around.

I think I like Zazen best because it's very, I don't know, electronic (electroclash)? It seems like the prototype to the electronic sound in Yokushitsu, which I love.

Last edited by TurtleFu : 2011.05.25 at 08:10 AM.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.25, 07:49 AM   #72
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

Zazen version of Tsumiki is my absolute favorite. FAVORITE.

Mostly because she starts out all soft, and then is like BAM and the stage door things slide open... and it's all fancy and such.

I'm really good at explaining things. LET ME TELL YOU.
BlueApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.25, 07:58 AM   #73
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Everything in Zazen is the best ver of anything.

I'm sure Maou will correct me on this though, my memory of Zazen is hazy at best.
Old 2011.05.25, 09:09 AM   #74
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

I already mentioned I love the Zazen version of Tsumiki Asobi in this thread, but I also like this version too:

Phase Awesome

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Everything in Zazen is the best ver of anything.

I'm sure Maou will correct me on this though, my memory of Zazen is hazy at best.
Not really anything to correct since most of these songs have only been performed in non-boot fashion by this band. Gekokujou was pretty terrible, but Zazen fixed a lot of the problems I had with GX. Same band, better performance. The only songs I felt fell flat on ZX were Sakana, Akane-sasu, Sid and Stoicism. The guitar work leaves a lot to be desired and the baldie keyboard guy is still annoying at times. Still pretty good though.
Old 2011.05.25, 02:04 PM   #75
jackmanca

jackmanca is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
The only songs I felt fell flat on ZX were Sakana, Akane-sasu, Sid and Stoicism.
I loved Sakana on Zazen, and Akane-sasu is, for me, one of the best songs in this concert, standing beside My Luxury Night, Nippon ni Umarete and Memai.

And what I love the most in Akane-sasu is the ending... Her voice in the end is so soft, but the drummer steals the scene. I love that drummer
Old 2011.05.25, 02:50 PM   #76
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

The thing about Sakana is that in the studio version, the trumpet has fairly simple passages, while there's a lot more going on with the guitar. In ZX, there was nothing wrong with guitar filling in for the trumpet passages, but I suspect fans of being fixated on this in a way where they fail to notice what wasn't happening with the rest of the guitar work. It was more missed notes than a DragonForce concert.
Old 2011.05.27, 07:24 AM   #77
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Just wanna say here that Yokyou at Ringo Expo is the best (OK, and only) and I wish that version (with the full orchestra kicking everything off) had gone on the album. :<
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.28, 03:44 AM   #78
vielleicht

vielleicht pleased at least somebody

Don't know if it was the recording or her voice on that particular day, but I feel that most songs in Zazen are a bit too dry in timbre on the vocal part. Thus it's even more amazing about what she did with Unconditional Love in the refrains, much deeper and richer than the single version to my ears. I'd choose to listen to that live rendition every time over that in the CD.
vielleicht is offline   Reply With Quote