Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2011.06.20, 08:56 PM   #661
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
I seem to recall MoRA had some fade in and outs on some tracks as well as some audio level reduction that caused some purists to be a little ....
You might be confusing MoRA with the HF DVD.
The knee-jerk reaction to the MoRA DVDs is "z0mg! The transitions have been fudged!", until you realize that it's only the division points which have been changed, not the total audio you get from within a pair of segued tracks. Why were the division points moved to be earlier or later? I don't think it was a conscious decision - I honestly think it's just the arcane chapter mannerisms of DVD rearing their ugly head.

As for the "audio level reduction", I can't immediately comment about that yet. I'll have to listen to the re-rip I recently produced from my own DVD, after being ripless for at least a year.
Old 2011.06.20, 08:56 PM   #662
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I think the KZK vinyl Souretsu was kinda the same with the lessened ending, but they spoiled it with Ichijuku no Hana after it. But all im saying, on the system I have, I really don't see much of a noteable difference between KZK on MoRA compared with the vinyl (or even the CD). What we need is someone else who has the vinyl and has actually played it to compare with, it might just be my equipment, but I strongly doubt it. I think its just cause my expectations for the vinyl were unreasonable. You'd think with all the layering and stuff it would be highly effective on vinyl, but alas, its not as good as one would like to think/brag about.

In other words: If you want to buy KZK for sound quality diffence, you may be dissapointed. If you were getting it for a collectors item (which is what most people get it for) then go for it. I guess this can apply for most modern Japanese music put on vinyl (unfortunately)

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2011.06.20 at 09:09 PM.
Old 2011.06.20, 09:05 PM   #663
vielleicht

vielleicht pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
Yeah, it'd be nice to hear something other than the same old

This is the first time I've been able to hear the guitar clearly in Killer Tune. Usually they have it turned way down. Too bad about her voice though :b

And ohhh, it sounds so good in OSCA
Hmm what's so bad about her voice? As much as I hate Killer Tune, still have to say that she sounded pretty decent once she entered the first refrain...

Last edited by vielleicht : 2011.06.20 at 11:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old 2011.06.20, 10:04 PM   #664
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Again with the maquillage cms... That is so wrong... Can we not discuss about Ringo with her squeaky voice?
Old 2011.06.21, 06:23 AM   #665
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Shiseido's Wallpapers and Screensaver
Don't know why I can't run the screensaver
http://www.shiseido.co.jp/mq/base/present/

Endless magazine covers

Lips August

Switch
Old 2011.06.21, 06:34 AM   #666
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
As for the "audio level reduction", I can't immediately comment about that yet. I'll have to listen to the re-rip I recently produced from my own DVD, after being ripless for at least a year.
The audio at the end of Souretsu in the MoRA set does go up, but it goes up smoother than KZK, and doesn't require one to turn down the volume to avoid blowing out speakers/eardrums/neighbors' windows.

It's nice not to have to make the manual adjustment to the volume to hear the song out to the end, but it does take some power away.
Old 2011.06.21, 07:21 AM   #667
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

What is MoRA? LOL.

And I don't think my ears are sensitive enough or my headphones will never be audiophile-quality to be able to understand the this sound mumbo-jumbo you guys are talking about. xD

I wish I would stop screaming like a fangirl when I see new media about SR or TJ...
Old 2011.06.21, 10:47 AM   #668
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

MoRa is a CD and DVD box set featuring remastered versions (and bonus tracks) of the first three albums and the Ringo no Uta single.

The sound mumbo-jumbo they are talking about is not too hard to notice, even with regular headphones such as mine: in Souretsu, last track of KZK, the audio level begins to go up at around 4:25 up to the end.
Old 2011.06.21, 11:34 AM   #669
mr. Pillow
ectoplasm

mr. Pillow is an asset to this community

In that Switch photo, her facial expression looks kinda sad.

I always wonder what's wrong with Hata's hairstyles, too.
Old 2011.06.21, 05:56 PM   #670
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ChickShhh View Post

Lips August
Sometimes it looks like Ringo stood near a wig factory when it exploded and dove under the ones she liked best. Cute denim tie-scarf though.

Originally Posted by mr. Pillow View Post
I always wonder what's wrong with Hata's hairstyles, too.
You and me both. I don't think the stylists really try to work with the shape of Hata's head enough.