Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2011.09.28, 01:44 PM   #111
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

If there is a showtune on here she is crazy.
I think the songs will sound something like Poltergeist (or that one recent Tomosaka Rie track), Shun and Ariamaru Tomi/Bonsai Hada. I think that's a realistic prediction. Or Iroikoizata in the worst case scenario.
Old 2011.09.28, 01:51 PM   #112
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Yes, because Ringo doing jazz is terrible.
Old 2011.09.28, 02:29 PM   #113
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

It's not about whether it's jazz or not.
Old 2011.09.28, 02:56 PM   #114
TurtleFu

Yeah, okay, it's the quality.
But it annoys me how people seem to blame the style of the song instead of the quality of the song. What is Mayonaka wa Junketsu? Isn't that show-tuney? In fact, it sound more like a Vegas Show than anything. Yet it's praised, because the quality of the song is good.
It's not a question of whether a song is a showtune or not. It's a question of whether the song is good or not.

It just annoys me about how people compare about showtunes or whatever as if that is something only NU-Shiina does. It's dismissal. It seems to me that a lot fan like to complain about things that supposedly only "Nu-Shiina" does but she has ACTUALLY been doing all along.

Last edited by TurtleFu : 2011.09.28 at 03:27 PM.
Old 2011.09.28, 04:07 PM   #115
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

If a Shiina Ringo song has the structural potential for Phase 0 to go to town with it (even if the song wasn't penned with them in mind), then it's considered one of her better compositions. If that potential doesn't seem to be there, then it's usually labeled as a "nu-Shiina" track in the typical derogatory sense.
Old 2011.09.28, 04:17 PM   #116
TurtleFu

"Phase 0"?

I think the whole Nu-Shiina thing is ridiculous. I listen to all of her music, and I notice a change in style and maybe even philosophy, but the Nu-Shiina "haters" seem to think that she almost became a completely different person post-Adult.
Old 2011.09.28, 04:51 PM   #117
Scribble R

When I meant 'showtune' I meant her more vanilla stuff like like Onna no kare demo. Or Tsugou ii Karada (ex. like ten seconds of the song). Or that last track on HF. All these tracks sound like some sort of vanity project. Paint-by-numbers.

Not 'SR with orchestra'
Old 2011.09.28, 04:52 PM   #118
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Yawn. Don't even wanna bother anymore. NEW SINGLE MOFOS!
Old 2011.09.28, 04:58 PM   #119
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
"Phase 0"?

I think the whole Nu-Shiina thing is ridiculous. I listen to all of her music, and I notice a change in style and maybe even philosophy, but the Nu-Shiina "haters" seem to think that she almost became a completely different person post-Adult.
>implying she didn't

also
>implying irokoizata was jazz?? What?
Jazz must be spinning its grave.

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
When I meant 'showtune' I meant her more vanilla stuff like like Onna no kare demo. Or Tsugou ii Karada (ex. like ten seconds of the song). Or that last track on HF. All these tracks sound like some sort of vanity project. Paint-by-numbers.

Not 'SR with orchestra'
This guy gets it. Lemme buy you a drink, Scribbler

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2011.09.28 at 05:01 PM.
Old 2011.09.28, 05:29 PM   #120
Scribble R

Sure, but I still can't have anything but cider!
Closed Thread