Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2011.10.17, 10:17 AM   #251
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

Yes, it's so ironic that the part of the song that sounds (to me) a bit forced in relation to the rest (which is still far of being bad), is exactly when Jihen members pops up on the video.

The PV and song as a whole are wonderful; even my computer liked it so much that it managed to play the 1080p version properly.

Huge rush of emotion at 2:05, now that's powerful music.

Last edited by Carlx : 2011.10.17 at 10:26 AM.
Old 2011.10.17, 10:43 AM   #252
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

I was bracing for the big climax, which I was sure would come, and then it didn't, and I was very happily surprised. Ringo can be delicate when she wants to.
Old 2011.10.17, 11:05 AM   #253
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Jihen's appearance in the video means that there is no Shiina Ringo solo album coming. (?)
Old 2011.10.17, 11:16 AM   #254
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts
Send a message via AIM to kuro_neko

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
Jihen's appearance in the video means that there is no Shiina Ringo solo album coming. (?)
well...its a delicate matter. Ariamaru Tomi didn't have ANYONE in it and Ringo played that live during Tokyo Jihen shows. This single has the boys make an appearance, they have played it live, but it is still billed as a solo Ringo composition. The fact that it is getting 2 b-sides could be seen as either Ringo prepping material for a new solo album or her putting out the extra material she wrote to go with this song as a one-off. either way we really have no idea until its announced.

I like how this song is short. It doesn't felt short due to the composition, its like a properly baked cake, just the right amount of simplicity and sweetness.
Old 2011.10.17, 12:03 PM   #255
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Nimh View Post
I was bracing for the big climax, which I was sure would come, and then it didn't, and I was very happily surprised. Ringo can be delicate when she wants to.
Listened to it one more time and it wasn't just the climax, it's the contrast between it and the subsequent verse what makes my skin crawl the most.
Old 2011.10.17, 12:51 PM   #256
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts
Send a message via MSN to Orenji

Well, it's nice to see how everybody likes this .
Old 2011.10.17, 02:30 PM   #257
Mr Sands

Mr Sands is headed in the right direction

First Impression of this are great. Really looking forward to listening to the other songs on the single now.
Old 2011.10.17, 04:16 PM   #258
Lustau

Lustau is headed in the right direction

A melody that wanders! A waltz! It's the Ringoest thing I've heard in a while. Ringo is so good at writing waltzes.

A couple notes to Mr. Neko, who will ignore them:
Harps and flutes suck.
Reed woodwinds are awesome.

I also don't understand what was going on when Jihen joined up. I would like to hear that part of the song in one of Ringo's inevitable reinterpretations to see what the music is intending to do there.
Old 2011.10.17, 04:26 PM   #259
Lustau

Lustau is headed in the right direction

PS -

A couple months ago I said to myself "you know, this Shiina Ringo thing is the most expensive idiocy you have ever fallen into. Why the hell do you feel like you automatically have to buy everything this woman writes? Was it absolutely necessary for you to have Chiaki Kuriyama leering creepily down at you from your bookshelf forevermore?" So I replied "ok fine. Next time I will listen to it on YouTube first and only buy it if I actually like it."

I will be buying the single.
Old 2011.10.17, 04:30 PM   #260
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

She is. I love HF Poltergiest for that reason

But I love Neko's arrangements! But I do agree more reed woodwinds would be awesome. How about some clarinets?

If you actually listen closely, you can hear that piano, guitar, and bass (but it sound upright...) are being played along with the chimes when Jihen showed up. The piano and chimes fit, but not the guitar and bass. I imagine all 4 are only there because it would be odd to have only Izawa and Hata.
Closed Thread