Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2012.03.02, 09:15 PM   #1611
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by The Most Curious Thing View Post
By the way, Maou, are you playing Overclocked? I just realized I don't recognize "Ishtar" and am assuming it's one of the new demons. And what Day are you on?
Yep, playing Overclocked. I'm currently on the 5th Day. 15:00. I'm probably going to go on Gin's path since my favorite characters are Amane, Gin and Haru.

I'm jumping straight into DS2 after this. Io FTW.
Old 2012.03.05, 04:05 PM   #1612
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

I've been having way too much fun with the character creation in Soul Calibur V. They've gotten pretty much everything right this time around except for a few minor things.

I even made some Ringo-themed characters. Sorry for the horrible jpeg quality because these were quickly taken with my horrible, horrible cellphone.

Tsumi to Batsu PV. Almost looks like one of the Crazy 88, doesn't she?

Mayonaka wa Junketsu PV. Now all she needs is a transforming Goethe gun and then she'll be all set!

And, of course, I had to make the villain from the Mayonaka PV. I'm quite proud of how he turned out. I only wish I could have given him a proper world tattoo on the back of his head.

I'm thinking of doing Kuki and Gibs next. Any other requests?
Old 2012.03.06, 09:35 AM   #1613
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

The Tsumi to Batsu Shiina is pretty cool!
Old 2012.03.06, 10:29 AM   #1614
Maou

Devil Survivor: Overclocked

Day 7

Locked out of the Gin path because I didn't talk to Atsuro enough. Really? Him? I hear enough whining from him throughout the day. Why make me talk to his whiney ass even more to team up with somebody who is actually cool. Whatever. Since Gin was out, my only choice was Amane. She's cool, but is slow and has poor range. Still, she destroys anything that gets in her way. Everything was going fine for most of the day. Destroying boss after boss with ease. That is until I got to one of those lame bosses who don't have to move and can hit you practically anywhere on the battlefield.

I lost the battle because Yuzu is a bitch and she sucks. Her only job is to heal and resurrect people. I ask her to survive one whole encounter and she gets killed and tanks the rest of my teams. I hate her, but I hate Midori even more. Why can't Izuna be playable on this route. I need a badass in my party.
Old 2012.03.06, 11:46 AM   #1615
Andikki

Andikki is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
<about Myst>
Thank you for this! I felt bad about starting Myst two or three times and dropping it every time in the very beginning, not anymore.

I'm playing Uncharted on PS Vita now. I have a feeling that on the second run (and nowadays games force you to do it with artificially induced replayability a. k. a. achievments) when I'll be skipping all the movies, it won't take more than a couple of hours even for a slowpoke like me.
Andikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.06, 02:39 PM   #1616
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

@Maou

I went with Amane's route, too (although intentionally in my case). Do you have Mari? I found Yuzu/Midori/Mari more or less interchangeable on Day 7, but went with Mari because I prefer movement to agility. And if Yuzu is too fragile for you, you may have better luck with Mari's vitality. MC and Amane are going to be dealing more magic damage than whoever's in that slot, anyway.

I don't remember the Day 7 bosses too well, but remember getting hung up on whatever Bel had those maggot reinforcements (I hate status ailment bosses). Amane's ending was definitely worth it, though.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.06, 04:10 PM   #1617
Maou

^ Actually I wanted to do Amane's route. Overclocked has multiple save slots so I was going to go Amane on one slot and Gin on the other.

I have Mari and I'm using her. I'm using MC/Amane/Yuzu/Mari. I smashed the boss you're referring to (Belzaboul). It's the boss after that I'm having issues with. I didn't even get to engage him yet. My party gets wrecked before I can even get to the boss. I think I might need to grind a little. My part is only in the low to mid-50s compared to the enemies in the 60s.
Old 2012.03.08, 03:04 PM   #1618
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

Am playing this game. Just like in this vid, I find the nun with the homing missiles to be a useful character. I can 1-credit it until the boss before this level, at which point I start dying frequently. But the ridiculously high scores make you feel like you've achieved something anyway.

Giga Wing Stage 5 (Final) +Last Boss&True Final Boss

so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.08, 04:27 PM   #1619
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Never heard of Giga Wing, but it looks fun. It kind of has a danmaku lite feel ("lite" not meant disparagingly), and it's always odd to see a vertical shooter with a horizontal display. I like that bullet reflector, if that's what "RF" is an abbreviation of. I also like how the nun's bomb is a giant snowflake.

Do you play many shooters? I've gotten away from the genre, but two years ago I went through a bit of a danmaku craze, to the point of seeing bullet patterns whenever I closed my eyes.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.09, 09:28 AM   #1620
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by The Most Curious Thing View Post
Never heard of Giga Wing, but it looks fun. It kind of has a danmaku lite feel ("lite" not meant disparagingly), and it's always odd to see a vertical shooter with a horizontal display. I like that bullet reflector, if that's what "RF" is an abbreviation of. I also like how the nun's bomb is a giant snowflake.

Do you play many shooters? I've gotten away from the genre, but two years ago I went through a bit of a danmaku craze, to the point of seeing bullet patterns whenever I closed my eyes.
Yes, it makes sense you'd get a Tetris Effect from playing danmaku / bullet hell games. As an aside, I still can't look at a paperclip or eraser without thinking "that will go into my katamari, but I'd just bounce off a stapler..." and I feel an impulse to get into the newest looking car on the street during periods of playing a GTA

Which bullet hell games did you play, they're just hypnotic to watch...? I lucked out with the difficulty level of Giga Wing, which I basically chose I think the graphics have a retro cool and it's in horizontal orientation for my Xperia play. What I like about these games compared to much older shoot em ups or something like R-Type is that dying isn't frustrating at all, you accept that either that the game is hard but fairly so, or that you just made a mistake and shrug it off.

so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote