Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.08.10, 10:22 PM   #51
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by freackled View Post
Does anybody have a translation of what she says to the audience in between Ringo no Uta and Jusui Negai?
I caught that line as follows
東海道、臨み臨んで、手前ども、ただいま帰って参ったよ
Toukaidou nozomi nozonde temaedomo tadaima kaette maittayo

And my interpretation is
"Looking and facing on Tokaido, we come(return) here now."

Tokaido was a route of Edo era, connecting Edo and Kyoto.
Nagoya centuly hall, the venue this recorded concert was done
is historically placed at 41th(of 53) station Miya Juku (current Atsuta ward, Nagoya).

Or the word Tokaido is commonly used for the route Tokyo to Nagoya,
Kyoto, Osaka. So she could just meant, their concert tour traveled
these place, nothing to do with historical context.
EmilScherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.12, 11:18 PM   #52
inaux

inaux pleased at least somebody

Sorry if this has been asked!
I was wondering if anyone has the region-2 version of the DVD. I've seen people commenting on cdjapan and other sites that they had received the all-region DVD. Is it a first press deal or are all of them all-region?
inaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.13, 07:33 AM   #53
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

They should all be all-region. I believe the only region 2 DVD is the Gekokujyo one.
Old 2007.11.13, 09:19 AM   #54
inaux

inaux pleased at least somebody

Good to know thanks.
inaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.28, 08:07 PM   #55
evilBOXevil

evilBOXevil pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
They should all be all-region. I believe the only region 2 DVD is the Gekokujyo one.
Although 'dynamite in' might as well be region2... If you don't understand Japanese, you're not likely to enjoy it too much.

"you don't go in my bathroom with me"
evilBOXevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.29, 07:14 AM   #56
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I enjoy Dynamite in more than JCHI
and I don't understand japanese

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.07, 09:51 PM   #57
hoopra

hoopra raises the standards of what a community can offer

im in love with this concert, few things in this world felt better than the music and the performance in Dynamite Out. seems like shiina and the band struck every note percfectly, and the energy and emotion is through ceiling of the sky, i can not describe the high this takes me, i thank god how lucky i am to discover this, it was only three months ago, this concert was my introduction to Shiina and Tokyo Jihen, as a music head, i live for this, i remember the first couple weeks i felt so anxious to to leave work so i can come home to hear and see this dvd, like waiting to come home to a new girl friend who is making me dinner for the first time, i will never forget that feeling, i rather not do anything else. people try to invite me out and i would decline.. seriously
I been on a Shiina ringo binge for the past three months, i read almost every thread here, i read her wiki, seen most of the youtube vids, zazen, electric mole, jchi, the behind the scenes stuff, i can't get enough
but nothing can compare to Dynamite Out, i love her voice the best here, the guitar playing the best here, the performance, the crowd (apprecaition to the girl in the pink shirt at the front row next to the aisle for rocking the fuck out) the pianica, the piano, the flower hzm brought out of no where during sounan performance, shiina and hirama guitar ending to sounan, the extradinary build up in Ekimae (greatest build up i have ever heard) the baby voice in Koko de Kiss Shite, the fist slam on the piano during service, Shiina's eyes trying to pop out during the Tsuki Performance, the first time i heard the rolling R's, how shes stopped her "no" short in Bokoku Jojo and then smile to the crowd, the rolling snares in Bokoku Jojo, the Mora Sadistic slide she does, 35:24 - 36:12 feels like im melting away to heaven - the music during kuramaya san, the face she made at the end of her vocal runs at the end Yume like she just revenged the death of a love one with a sword to the killer's heart in an old chinese kung fu drama, HZM zoning playing with his eyes closed out during Tsuki during the last chorus part of Tsuki, the whole band making faces during Koko Kiss like they wanted to feel like the lyrics Shiina is singing are the words she is singing to them (well i feel that way at least)
HZM playing piano while standing the the stool looking like he is about to bust his ass lol...... the vocal runs at the end of superstar... lord have mercy.... all of Hirama's guitar solo were powerfull as fuck..... especially
the second song, Jusai, the only complaint i have is hirama's singing,
but i always skip it, i like how this concert has all types of style, they rocked the fuck out during sigma/crawl,
and she looks so beautifull here, i wanna kiss her on her neck
the silver eye shadow, the silver earings, the long black boots
she did not look as good anywhere else, she looks a little bit like was her name from crouching tiger, house of flying daggers,
i have much to say but im tired and heading to bed
hoopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.08, 04:18 AM   #58
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

welcome
I like you
/o/

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.08, 06:04 PM   #59
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Wow, that was intense. But I definitely enjoyed reading it. Glad you love Dynamite Out, hoops
It is a really good concert, to say the least.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.08, 07:19 PM   #60
hoopra

hoopra raises the standards of what a community can offer

i like reading this board
hoopra is offline   Reply With Quote