Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2007.05.15, 07:44 PM   #41
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I don't care much for stories or character development in RPG, I liked FF7 the best for the materias, which added so much depth to the battle system.

I'm slightly ok with FF7 story, especially the part when Aerith died; I not sure if its the dramatic-ness of having a lead character dying 1/4 of the way into the game or just the fact that I've wasted time and gil on her
Old 2007.05.15, 07:48 PM   #42
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I have a friend who gets all teary-eyed when he hears Aeris' theme. He really, really liked FFVII...
Old 2007.05.15, 08:50 PM   #43
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Kasanagi View Post
I'm slightly ok with FF7 story, especially the part when Aerith died;

WHAT HAPPENS??

But nah, I think 7 had the best story of them all. When I try to name my favorite Final Fantasy, 7 and 9 are tied, followed by 6. I've beaten all of the normally-numbered, offline ones except for 2, 3, and 12, and I've played each of those for a good number of hours. And, uhhh... I don't remember if I was actually going to go anywhere with that.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.15, 09:44 PM   #44
Jer

Jer is headed in the right direction

I don't see what made ff9 so much fun. Like I said, I played it twice and I'm well aware of everything it has to offer. Mashing attack is not fun to me, and Tetra Master or whatever the card game was in FF9 was ridiculous. Even the strongest cards could lose because numbers meant nothing and it was random. The other mini-games in FF9 also required mashing of the x button, whether it be to race Vivi or time the mash for a jump. Triple Triad at least took a bit of skill, and there was more to ff8 than selecting attack or firaga (you could draw spells! lulz). TT could hold my interest for hours, I was one of the top players on ttadvance.com :3 I've got nothing against old fashioned fun or nintendo games. I did own a SNES before the PS came out (I still own it, actually) and had plenty of fun with games like Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Super Mario, Mario RPG, Killer Instinct, Kirby, and all those classics.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.15, 09:54 PM   #45
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

FF9's skill system I thought was "boss." I prefer it to FF7's materia system. FF8's was lamely easy to exploit (junction your 100 whatever spells to HP, just don't use your damn magic. And with the summons being essentially unlimited you'd have no damn reason to.)
Old 2007.05.16, 08:46 AM   #46
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

I really like the fighting system of Xenosaga Episode 2. I loved to chain 12 attacks and make the enemy die in vain. This chaining things was crazy.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.16, 01:24 PM   #47
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

The Last Ninja 2

This is The Last Ninja 2, platform Commodore 64. You play as the ninja Armakuni through a series of action/adventure levels with cool music. And there's the evil shogun at the end, Kunitoki. If you don't want to watch it all you can let it load and look from about 5:30 when the final level starts off. Notice the complicated way off finally (?) getting rid of Kunitoki. The guy who plays this is insane. Normally it takes hours to complete this, he does it below 20 minutes.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.16, 01:24 PM   #48
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Ghaleon is also an awesome boss. Y'know, back in the day when long silver-haired villains were badass instead of cliche...?
Old 2007.05.16, 02:32 PM   #49
Jer

Jer is headed in the right direction

The summons sucked in FF8. o_o Magic and Limits were both superior to them, and you could easily junction awesome stats to everything if you knew what spells you needed. If you were good at Triple Triad you could synth Laguna's card into 100 Holy Wars or Hero Drinks; I forget which. It made you invincible for a long time so you could just lower your hp and set that up to have unlimited Zell/Rinoa/Squall multi-hit limits.

Also the system in FF9 wasn't that different from FF5-FF7. I actually liked collecting materia more than having to use crappy armor for skills.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.16, 03:16 PM   #50
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Jer View Post
If you were good at Triple Triad you could synth Laguna's card into 100 Holy Wars
Yeah, i did that. Made that end sequence crazy easy =P