Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2008.08.03, 04:05 PM   #11
benkai ringo

benkai ringo pleased at least somebody

Well with the Sony and Tecmo
i meant to say that
it's just funny that the game was released from the start to Sonys
platform and one for XBOX so i guess you can count it as a multiplatform.
and all of a sudden they just cut all the ties in, and tecmo sells and
nintendo buys the rights for the game. If i remember right kikuchi talked first that if there's going to be a new FF it's definetly going to be for the sevent generation consoles and in this case PS3, XBOX360 and WII, but now when NINTENDO owns the rights....i doubt any other console will see a change to get its piece. At least Sony promoted the game and gave credit for it...
but far as i know how much nintendo has done promotion for IV...i can count that with my fingers. And i'm a big fan too of the series dont get me wrong on there...and i did not
ment to diss amano, i know she is a diverse artist but probably the "only for nintendo" has made me pissed and blind and thus why i cannot see woods for the trees.

And yep i seen the video you posted but somehow it just doesnt strike
to me as the earlier ones from the series. I dont..know is it just becouse that imo it
lacks the "horror" that the previous ones had and this one to me seems more like ala resident evil with its western themes then the previous ones with their at least original ideas...but i cant really comment before i play the nevest one..though sadly before that i have to buy wii first and wait for the european release, if there be such.

Last edited by benkai ringo : 2008.08.03 at 04:26 PM.
benkai ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.03, 05:01 PM   #12
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

actually the original creator commented quite a while ago saying he was excited to try and see who FF would play with Wii controls. They have never made any statement but I think they cut ties with Sony specifically because they wanted to create the next game for the Wii because they liked where Nintendo was going with games and the controls. It is true that the game was kind of pushed very hard last minute and wasn't fully marketed as well as the previous games, but that could be due to many different reasons. However, they have already stated that the game has full international rights on the Wii and that they are publishing it overseas so there is nothing to worry about even if the game isn't on the horizon quite yet. I think it is possible we will see an English debut of the game sometime before 2009.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote