Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.01.31, 03:21 AM   #421
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Actually I just own the one copy of HF DVD! fancy motion graphics were not worth breaking the shrink wrap for. from my own point of view when I was just starting to collect (last summer) I went for all the singles first, I too stupidly ignored ZCS and ended up getting it only now instead of waaay last year! you might want to try getting a first press Ringo Expo DVD as well because when you start taking the collecting seriously you do regret not getting them for retail prices and you might end up paying double on auctions! you can also get a few LP's from HMV Japan (if it's an option) so there is lot's of good things to focus on! if money is tight then I'd go for the LP's and first press stuff first and get the standard stuff later on.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.01.31 at 03:24 AM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.31, 04:02 AM   #422
MortAd

MortAd pleased at least somebody

Thanks for the advice! I guess Ringo Expo 08 will be my first choice! And the only one from your recomendations since I´m using the YesAsia credit I have, and basically because HMV doesn´t accept my credit card... I hope that with YesAsia I can get first press on that one... Now those LPs are really calling me... I´ll be damned, this way I´m going to be broke! Maybe I´ll order them in a couple of days, if HMV accepts paypal... But I still have YesAsia credit to use, so... I guess I´ll be buying the RS/TJ singles I´m missing... If I could find someone who wants to buy that extra MoRA DVD-boX I have I could buy more things, I hope I can do that

MyLastFM
MortAd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.31, 12:44 PM   #423
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
fancy motion graphics were not worth breaking the shrink wrap for.
Well, at least the video for Gamble is awesome. Haven't watched the rest tho.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.31, 01:17 PM   #424
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Why are we talking about the HF DVD in this thread instead of in its own thread?

While we're on that topic, I think the HF DVD is easily the most irrelevant retail product that has ever been released in Shiina Ringo's name. Even the Senkou Shoujo DVD/LP or the Variety CD (or any rips that spawn from any of those) will get more replays among all the 'haters' out there, than this thing. It's like a coffeetable book that just sits around, and maybe a visitor in your home will examine it for a moment or two, but until you saw them holding it, you almost completely forgot that it was among the things you own.

Yes, it has nice packaging. But how many times are you going to look at it? I believe that people would spend more time revisiting their Electric Mole limited books, or their MoRA boxes, or their RingoBoXes. This release tries to be an audio purist's product and it fails because of the crossfading - when e-Onkyo costs less, the delivery is instant, quality is the same, and there is NO crossfading. The HF DVD tries to be a PV collection, when the screen activity should have been more low-key like the MoRA DVDs. It tries to be a packaging treasure trove, and that is just about the only thing it even remotely succeeds in - but it gets totally trumped by MoRA and the RingoBoX. So this HF DVD isn't really the best at anything - it's just a jack of all trades.

I bring this point up because I've seen a lot of MoRA hate recently, when I don't think it is by any means the biggest offender. A lot of the same people who decided to dismiss MoRA as a cashcow, had previously been much more approving of the existence and the potential purchase of an HF DVD. MoRA succeeded in every way that the HF DVD failed. The criticism from this community could use a little reallocation.
Old 2009.01.31, 01:42 PM   #425
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Why are we talking about the HF DVD in this thread instead of in its own thread?
Sorry if I'm poiting the obvious, but didn't you do the same?
Anyway, I don't have HF DVD or MoRA, but from what I know, the HF cover is much more pretty than the MoRA lens flare and I don't see why the MoRA animations are more "useful" than the HF animations. From what I seen people tell in reviews, the MoRA animations don't even fit the songs that much (whereas, at least Gamble, fits).
That said, I don't plan to buy neither lol.
Old 2009.02.01, 06:56 AM   #426
merman

merman is an asset to this community

To me, all the animations on the HF DVD fit, the crossfading actually makes it sound more cohesive than without it, and all around is a much better buy than MoRA, especially to those who already own the albums.
Aren't the animations in MoRA something like the visualizations in Windows Media Player? Sorry but that's not what I call "low-key", more like "we just wanted to sell it".
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.01, 10:02 AM   #427
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Originally Posted by merman View Post
Aren't the animations in MoRA something like the visualizations in Windows Media Player? Sorry but that's not what I call "low-key", more like "we just wanted to sell it".
Precisely.
Old 2009.02.02, 07:18 PM   #428
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

So much tut-tutting on this forum about the fact that the marketing arm of EMI is doing precisely what it is supposed to do, make money.

I mean, like, duh.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.03, 03:14 AM   #429
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Yeah. That's as crazy as talking about Shiina Ringo in a Shiina Ringo forum xD

Btw, on-topic, I now own Gekokujyou (yey!). Altough it was only shipped yesterday, so there's still a chance that I don't receive it. Let's hope the goddess of mail orders is in a good mood.
Old 2009.02.03, 03:16 AM   #430
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Be prepared for bad picture quality on that DVD Shinji, I thought my copy was broke but that's just how it is! seems all the disc space was taken by the multi channel audio.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote