Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Community Center > Site Announcements/Feedback/Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2009.11.29, 08:42 AM   #1
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts
Default Suggestion: Song of the week thread?

I've no idea if this would work or not, but it's something I've seen on one or two other forums, a song (or maybe two) could be picked at random from out of the SR/TJ/TR... catalogue to discuss? It could keep the same thread, just the title could be changed each time.

I know there is new material coming out at the moment but it seems looking back at EMF threads discussion mainly centres around what was new at the time, Hirama "vs" Uki, HF, Variety, SG etc. Maybe it would draw newer fans and lurkers into posting... Or this suggestion might die on its backside, I dunno, just throwing it out there!
so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.29, 09:22 AM   #2
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I like any idea that coaxes people out of their shells, but such ideas should make use of the mostly-untapped resources we already have. There are a lot of Product board threads which don't get much attention - especially for old singles.

Perhaps we should rotate through stickying different threads in the Product Board.

For example, this community has gone for years without talking about the Koko de Kiss Shite. single. So we make that into the stickied single of the week.

Currently there are 26 singles which relate to Shiina Ringo in one way or another. Then there's 13 albums which aren't Shiina Ringo or Tokyo Jihen albums, but they include unique or never-before-heard contributions from SR or TJ. When you talk about that whole collection at a rate of one week per release, it's all going to fill up 75% of the year. The other 25% of the year could be for the album-only songs - preferably ones that people have changed their opinions about over time (as indicated in polls), where maybe they already reviewed the song a year ago, but if they reviewed it again today, it wouldn't be the same review.
Old 2009.11.29, 10:11 AM   #3
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I like this idea, whatever form it takes. Sometimes when I post an opinion about a pre 08 Ringo/TJ product I feel like I've missed the boat.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.29, 10:51 AM   #4
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

I support this idea.
Old 2009.11.29, 01:15 PM   #5
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

I like the idea of highlighting the "neglected" first - e.g., the Koko single. Epic b-sides there!
natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.29, 01:25 PM   #6
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by natsume View Post
I like the idea of highlighting the "neglected" first - e.g., the Koko single. Epic b-sides there!
I think so_cold would approve of that =P

As long as we get a Morphine megathread out of this (50% discussion on the album version, 40% per cent discussion of the equally amazing jisusoadpfdsfsd jisdasdsawpachi version and 10% discussion on how Ukigumo is maybe capable of performing it but Ringo's voice probably isn't), I'm good.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.11.29 at 01:29 PM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.01, 03:42 PM   #7
huerta

huerta pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
...the equally amazing jisusoadpfdsfsd jisdasdsawpachi version...
What's that?
huerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.01, 04:31 PM   #8
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

^ It's an acoustic live show Ringo did a long time ago.
Old 2009.12.01, 09:23 PM   #9
JimmyKoria

JimmyKoria is an asset to this community

I like this idea a lot too. I mean, it is welcoming negative response and arguments XD which might semi-common here but, it's fun to explore old songs and learn to love them. I dont know how many songs I was like "I dislike this" and later loved.

On another forum I've been on they did this movies (via xbox-netflix) and they voted the video. Maybe something else to use in this?
JimmyKoria is offline   Reply With Quote