Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Community Center > Site Announcements/Feedback/Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2011.06.21, 11:09 AM   #1
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer
Default Viewing Who's Online

Sometimes it looks like another user is on the verge of starting a new topic or replying to an existing one. Sometimes it's a reply to a neglected topic which is relevant to your nichey interests, and you're actually intrigued to see another perspective on something you take very seriously. But then that post never comes.

Has anybody had any positive experiences with Viewing Who's Online? Or is it mostly indifference, with occasional disappointment?
Old 2011.06.21, 11:27 AM   #2
mr. Pillow
ectoplasm

mr. Pillow is an asset to this community

I'm quite used to do that, especially when I'm private messaging, to see whether the user I'm "chatting" with is getting back at me or not. If I see he/she's not messaging anymore, I simply realize there's no further interest in that particular conversation, but that's pretty much it.
mr. Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.21, 11:51 AM   #3
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Whos Online is how I use these forums!

I see Maou is on, so I immediately have to see what he is reading in the hopes of getting primed for a Maou-post.
80% of the time, he too is looking at Who's Online
Old 2011.06.21, 07:23 PM   #4
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Stalkers.
Old 2011.06.22, 08:01 AM   #5
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Sometimes it looks like another user is on the verge of starting a new topic or replying to an existing one. But then that post never comes.
Glathannus and ShadyNook are the most guilty of this. I leave this forum up in a window most of the day and check the Who's Online to see if anybody is making any replies from time to time. You two leave me hanging more than anybody.
Old 2011.06.22, 01:24 PM   #6
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

^
I periodically have to restart Firefox when its RAM usage is high. It's not that I actually need to "free up" any RAM (when I have 16 GB) - it's that Firefox becomes too unstable if I leave the same session open for too long, with too many windows and/or tabs. It usually needs to be restarted around the 1 GB mark.

So sometimes I'm preparing a new EMF post, and I find myself having to restart Firefox before the post is ready. If I have to kill Firefox, sometimes these previewed posts are lost. If this really happened a lot, I'd be preparing all my big posts in Wordpad before trying to submit them - but I think it's only happened with 4 posts ever (and they were seriously big).

I would use another web browser, but Internet Explorer should be avoided for obvious reasons, and other browsers (including Chrome) don't integrate with Roboform as comprehensively as I would like.
Old 2011.06.23, 01:50 PM   #7
Andikki

Andikki is an asset to this community

You might check out the Lazarus plugin: http://lazarus.interclue.com/. It saves forms for you. Though it might cause some slow-down for Firefox. But I still install it on every copy of Firefox I use, because it's worth the nerves saved.
Andikki is offline   Reply With Quote