Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Community Center > Site Announcements/Feedback/Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2008.08.04, 12:40 PM   #51
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

In Sweden we have such a law (PUL). You can't publish information about someone else on the internet without asking first.

(Which leads onto another funny thing our damn politicans have made up. From January first 2009 we have a defence organisation (FRA) that will get the rights to scan all linebased information (email, phone, ICQ mess) passing the borders of Sweden)
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.08, 10:29 AM   #52
ophy

ophy pleased at least somebody

If I had a Shiina fansite I would just make the main page look like it was never coming back, and password protect the rest of it for EMF's viewing pleasure.

Not legal, but I would totally do it.

Also, also, also:
Q: I added an original illustration to an image of Sheena Ringo, and it looks really cool, so I want to put it on my website. Since I'm the one who created it, this isn't a problem is it?
A: Even if you add your own illustration to an image, the fact remains that you are still partially using Sheena Ringo's image. This constitutes unauthorized use of her image, so please do not use it. Of course if your website is composed entirely of your own illustrations and you are not using any pictures or images of Sheena Ringo, that would not be a problem.

Q: I want to post a realistic sketch, not a photo.

A: If the sketch constitutes a portrait of Sheena Ringo, posting it would be considered unauthorized use of her portrait. The same holds true for a sketch-like illustration or a somewhat out-of-focus photo. Sketches that bear no resemblance to Sheena Ringo are fine, though these would not be considered sketches of Sheena Ringo per se. Thank you for your understanding.

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT? I can't draw Shiina Ringo fanart? What the ass monkeys is going on? o_O

Last edited by ophy : 2008.08.08 at 10:36 AM. Reason: fucking confusionnnnnnn
ophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.08, 10:57 AM   #53
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Once again, I think everyone is fine and safe. To show how safe, I'm going to link a download for every song in Shiina's librabry in free mp3 format: http://www.mediashBANNED
Old 2008.08.08, 06:08 PM   #54
JimmyKoria

JimmyKoria is an asset to this community

I've been kind of MIA D: and now my head hurts from all this stuff going down.

"All your fan sites are belong to us!"
JimmyKoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.21, 11:09 AM   #55
merman

merman is an asset to this community

i can't help but think of waxringo's tattoos...
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.21, 11:11 AM   #56
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

they'll have the skin off her back!!

*Run Wax* we'll throw copies of Variety at Shiina & the EMI Lawyers to slow them down!!!
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.21, 11:13 AM   #57
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
they'll have the skin off her back!!

*Run Wax!!* we'll throw copies of Variety at her and her Toshiba Lawyers to slow them down!!!
Not Toshiba anymore, only EMI now =P
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.21, 11:13 AM   #58
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Fixed!!
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.22, 03:51 AM   #59
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Q: I want to post a realistic sketch, but am such a bad artist that my friends think it looks like some sort of futuristic space vehicle. I still named it "Portrait of Shiina Ringo".

A: If the sketch constitutes a portrait of Sheena Ringo, posting it would be considered unauthorized use of her portrait. The same holds true for a sketch-like illustration or a somewhat out-of-focus photo. Sketches that bear no resemblance to Sheena Ringo are fine, though these would not be considered sketches of Sheena Ringo per se. Thank you for your understanding.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.23, 12:57 AM   #60
lin_hikaru_7

lin_hikaru_7 pleased at least somebody

This last page had me in stitches! I wonder tje exact same thing in regards to tattoos that were already tattooed on, and the mental image of you all throwing copies of Variety at music and lawyer types is just...awesome. The futuristic space vehicle comment is icing on the cake.

When I first read that page, I launched into crazy attack mode and put up the biggest typed up stick since that time Wal-Mart wanted to move to my town. I'm glad I came here though, because you've calmed my rage down, and shown me just how silly some of those rules are.