Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Community Center > Site Announcements/Feedback/Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2008.11.26, 09:17 AM   #41
Oiran

Oiran has had more than 15 seconds of fame

^ Perfume City , right?
I like it a lot, cause the forums are super active and people upload a lot of things related to electro music.
Old 2008.11.26, 03:24 PM   #42
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Thanks for reviving this topic, jigen. I imagine that if we established a prominent area for some of the other "unconventional" Japanese artists we like (in my case, to name a couple, Cornelius and HASYMO) we would attract an intelligent and mature group of new members. Worth thinking about.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.26, 06:14 PM   #43
jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Oiran View Post
^ Perfume City , right?
I like it a lot, cause the forums are super active and people upload a lot of things related to electro music.
Yes in fact it is! But I figured most here never heard of perfume, or know much about the electro scene. So I didn't mention their name, but the concept, I think if applied here it would work well. Perfume is not releasing music now, but the perfume related artists are, so we are still busy talking away on the forum. Just like shiina is not releasing music now, artists related to her are.

Also oiran make me smile, lol!

@telsaguy
I agree with you whole-heartedly. But there is no way we can attract all intelligent members, there will be user who care nothing about the artist and live only to piss people off, its inevitable... Such is the way of the internet... I still don't know of a place to discuss cornelius at... But I agree, it could definately lure some mature users, and of couse boost ringo-hime's popularity (simply by them coming to this site).

If one lays a trap, isn't it the victims fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.27, 02:23 AM   #44
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
Perfume is not releasing music now, but the perfume related artists are, so we are still busy talking away on the forum
I'm sorry to go off-topic here, but... Are you talking about this Perfume?
They just released a single last week :S
And they are quite popular as well as capsule.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.27, 06:28 AM   #45
jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
I'm sorry to go off-topic here, but... Are you talking about this Perfume?
They just released a single last week :S
And they are quite popular as well as capsule.
Yes I am talking about that perfume. But as I can rarely find perfume fans who like shiina, I rarely find shiina fans who likes perfume (or so I thought, might be wrong with what I'm hearing).

Uhm, but I am a huge perfume fan, so I know how popular they are, and the records they broke... and more specifically nocchi winning the sexiest newcomer award of 07 at the jigen awards.

Well to me, with capsule releasing more more more and ami suzuki released her album supreme show (a fucking masterpiece!), so to me an album is releasing music... not really a single, thats why I said perfume is not releasing music, but you are right that dream fighter was just released.

Capsule is getting more popular, more more more might be the most popular album they released

*So lets go back on topic*

If one lays a trap, isn't it the victims fault for falling in?

Last edited by jigenbakuda : 2008.11.27 at 06:32 AM.
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.27, 02:33 PM   #46
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I think it would help to kick a bit of life back into the forum too. There are numerous times now where I feel constricted to one thread, but I don't want to clog off-topic with too many similar posts and I don't want to overrun one thread with one particular topic. Case in point; the gaming thread. It seems 75% of the talk is Rock Band/Guitar Hero stuff and I sometimes limit posting about it because I don't want people to think that's all we talk about in it. Same with any other similar thread where people may stay on one topic for quite a while or meander off-topic (such as spending 2 pages talking about one movie in "Currently Watching".

That's my biggest case for an entertainment forum where we can have separate threads for individual movies/TV shows/games and hopefully spur more talk on each individual one. I don't want to clog the forum up with a million new sub-forums, or have forums that are so useless they'll have less than a page of topics so I'd be happy with just splitting off-topic into "Entertainment" and "Off-Topic". I won't comment on the related artists section as I rarely post there and I don't think there's much of a problem with the current Ringo/Jihen forums. If you're even considering any kind of change Glath and want to talk it through, just leave me a PM and I'll get onto MSN as soon as possible. I'd happily help move various threads around into new homes and such.
Old 2008.12.14, 02:05 PM   #47
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Consider this forum now diversified, to some small extent. I've created a new offtopic forum dedicated to movies, TV, video games & other media (input on whether you want it to include books and sports too), so that should help, you can create new threads based on those topics. I also moved over all the threads on those topics from the general off-topic forum, to get things going. I hope it breathes new life into some of those old threads, which shouldn't be dead yet!

The general offtopic forum is also renamed "EMF Lounge," and it's meant to be a place where you can discuss all kinds of subjects (except those which have their own subforums now, of course) and just kind of relax with other members, in a members-only space.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.14, 02:17 PM   #48
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

GJ, specially like the lounge, let's see how it works over the next few weeks.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.14, 02:32 PM   #49
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Very nice. I think this is the best way to stop the off-topic from getting cluttered without changing the place too much.
Old 2008.12.14, 09:18 PM   #50
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

nice.
I like the new layout.