Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.12.30, 10:37 PM   #31
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by EmilScherbe View Post
Aside from forum rule, owner's opinion and admin's attitude,
I am irritated to read begger's words.

It's a copyrighted material, so you should pay in principle.
Japanese cultual product is not free from the beginning
though so many peoples forget about it.

I am also guilty like everyone but still discomfort about shameless attitude.
As someone who throws most of their money at Japanese music, I strongly agree with this, but there's a reason I avoid bringing up that principle in conversations. Most people are going to believe whatever they want to believe about piracy, so no matter what you say, their mind is already made up. It doesn't help when they spend most of their time within social circles of other people who believe the same thing, because then it develops an air of "common good" legitimacy.

I choose to approach this from the whole "asking for downloads will undermine discussion" angle, because it's not a philosophy that beggars have already been confronted with, so they don't already have an opinion about it, and any defense they make isn't being backed up by years of evolved excuses, like with a more generic debate about piracy.
Old 2007.12.30, 10:49 PM   #32
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

^ It's funny that you mention the whole "common good" thing because I feel like the outsider with my friends because I'm the only one that buys music @_@.

But, asides from not bringing up that principle because of preconceived ideas, I also think you should be considerate of people's economical standpoints since you don't know about it online. For example, many surfers online are teens who have no jobs and just can't milk their parents for money to buy CDs, and others just are strapped for cash and have other things to buy. It's ok to bring that up with people who can afford it but just choose not to (like I call some of my friends pirates and greet them with "arrs" ) but it's not fun if a kid comes and wanted some awesome music and was confronted with "buy it yourself" since they really can't.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.30, 11:25 PM   #33
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
hey fluffy you got more than thousand posts, didn't noticed this either

Lena, when the heckz did you break one-hundred??
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.31, 06:20 AM   #34
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
Lena, when the heckz did you break one-hundred??
maybe when you were without internet
XD

@topic: I'm laughing about all this, larcenciel_11 should laughing with me, and if s/he wants... turn to post again in this forums without rules violation.

end of the case.

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.31, 09:16 AM   #35
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Everyone has his/her own personal ethics that should dictate his/her actions. I see no benefit in trying to make one's own ethics seem superior to somebody else's.

However, in any public group like this there need to be rules, because we draw public attention and there are "social" implications for what we do.

Hence the rules. That need to be followed. If they don't gibe with your own personal ethics (or lack thereof), you can stay and accept that, or you can go elsewhere. Your own personal activity outside the forum is your own business. But the activities on this forum are a group business.

I don't know why people think their own individual values need to be validated in every group they wish to join. I'm assuming it's a function of youth.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.31, 12:36 PM   #36
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

*shrugs* All my tone is, is quoting rules. I don't intend to be harsh, I am simply quoting rules.

If I went with some cutesy-nice "Oh! I'm sorry, but could you please please not do that? Thanks, I'm so sorry!" route, that really just undermines the seriousness of the rules we have going on here. Which btw, I did not make myself. They are community rules agreed upon by the leaderS of this community, based on past experience with different failed methods. [A download forum open to anyone with an account, for example, just results in a lot of leechers who contribute nothing to the group, and so does a known download forum that requires 10 posts to get in. We would often get 10 spam posts. It was a lot of trouble.]

I am also an admin here and have put a damn lot into this community. To have my reminders of what the rules are here met with a "Uh huh. Anyway" and general insolence (hi, Yahiko!) is most frustrating of all. It's disrespectful not just to me but to the community. I know respect isn't a guarantee but is rather earned, but it's pretty annoying when people use a "She was mean to me, so I don't want to do what she says!" rationale.

All I did was quote rules to you. (Rules that you should have read to begin with.) I'm sorry if that came off harsh?
(I'm not talking to anyone in specific here)

But, I honestly don't care if people think I'm being too harsh. Mods of other no-download communities (such as Jpopmusic forums, which is no-request) have to do this all the time. I used to feel resentful at them, but now I guess I'm just the same as they are. woohoo!! (eyeroll)
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.31, 01:23 PM   #37
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I know how you feel, all I did was quote your quote of the rules and in turn I was being a "dick" to the "new users".
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.31, 09:28 PM   #38
larcenciel_11

larcenciel_11 pleased at least somebody

ok guys. sorry and thanks.

@tokyo jihad on tim duncan. LOL

anyway love tbig timmy. xp

yah, im sorry im NOT here just because to download some ringo materials and then never come back. i've been downloading stuffs for like almost 6 years now. so i must say that i know enough about downloading legal, free leeches etc.

but i came here to know more about shiina and meet hardcore shiina fans. ^^

and i was just very excited that you guys might actually help me. so i asked if anyone of you know if there are original or clearer versions of her etsuraku versions of songs?

ive known shiina like for about 9 months now and im very much addicted to her. ive been listening to japanese music for like 4 and a half years now, and it all started on anime music. ^^

but im such a noob not knowing about shiina until a friend told me so. wow! j-jazz, never knew it was good till shiina came along.

im going to check out this forum time to time and try to at least become a permanent member here.

thanks again and happy new year. sorry for my english btw. xp

Last edited by larcenciel_11 : 2007.12.31 at 09:38 PM.
larcenciel_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.02, 04:37 PM   #39
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

You're just discovering the tip of the j-jazz iceberg here.
SR does a lot of jazzy stuff but I probably won't classify it as "jazz".
If you like J-jazz I highly recommend:
SOIL&"PIMP"SESSIONS,
Indigo Jam Unit,
Sunaga t Experience,
Date Course Pentagon Royal Garden.
Old 2008.01.02, 05:48 PM   #40
Mad_Mac

Mad_Mac pleased at least somebody

HAHA

SOIL is comim' to Singapore at March for the Mozaic Music Festical. I'm very excited for that. last year TSPO now SOIL. I hope TJ will come next year

She's a Mac user too.....
Mad_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote