Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.10.07, 07:47 AM   #371
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
Why would that be hard to believe? In the age of digital downloads I just steal every good songs from average albums thereby saving my money for only the true gems.
Because Variety is an awesome album so it's hard to believe that you don't have any worse . But I guess that does make sense, that you wouldn't buy the average ones in which case Awesome Variety might be the worse by default.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.07, 09:18 AM   #372
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
please, we all know you have worse in your collections, XD

and I believe in support the artist, not the music. Meaning I will buy Jihen releases blindly pretty much. In fact, I prefer to buy my favorite artists blindly. I bought Variety blindly (I pre-ordered the day it was announced).

I buy it all blindly too...though the Ringo purists would say we bought deaf-ly.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.07, 09:19 AM   #373
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Hedofloe View Post
Because Variety is an awesome album so it's hard to believe that you don't have any worse .

AHH...forgot you were one of "them"...
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.07, 10:22 AM   #374
HEDOfloe

AHH...forgot you were one of "them"...
Haha, yeah, that's the crew I roll with
Old 2007.10.07, 01:21 PM   #375
boku belle gueule

boku belle gueule pleased at least somebody

the thing on variety is until now shiina ringo was a beast at studio and, this is my humble opinion, pretty average on stage (but this is also for the sound engineery a bit ruff on the edges at her concerts). Variety is made for the show, for the stage unlike Adult and the albums before (sorry I ignore totally kyouiku, that I have listened two or three times because I find it a bit too mainstream, yes you can blame me for that, that's ok ).

OK I always say Shiina Ringo and not Tokyo Jihen. To me it's obvious : even if she didn't compose this album the first influence of the other band members is... shinna ringo herself. Of course they listened to what she has done before and you can feel it, you can feel SR spirit because it is really there and in the meantime it is not SR by herslef. And sincerly, let's be honest, this group has been created to serve shiina ringo's carreer, to say "she made it". And I think she's done it by now. And as Shiina Ringo is the hype alive what's gonna be her next concept? Because everybody knows that she said no more solo career. I would bet on a string quarter or a chamber music formation. That would be so in the spirit of Sheena Ringo (ok, I can dream, but you know I'm a dreamer )
boku belle gueule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.07, 01:47 PM   #376
cjhobbies00

Originally Posted by boku belle gueule View Post
the thing on variety is until now shiina ringo was a beast at studio and, this is my humble opinion, pretty average on stage (but this is also for the sound engineery a bit ruff on the edges at her concerts). Variety is made for the show, for the stage unlike Adult and the albums before (sorry I ignore totally kyouiku, that I have listened two or three times because I find it a bit too mainstream, yes you can blame me for that, that's ok ).

OK I always say Shiina Ringo and not Tokyo Jihen. To me it's obvious : even if she didn't compose this album the first influence of the other band members is... shinna ringo herself. Of course they listened to what she has done before and you can feel it, you can feel SR spirit because it is really there and in the meantime it is not SR by herslef. And sincerly, let's be honest, this group has been created to serve shiina ringo's carreer, to say "she made it". And I think she's done it by now. And as Shiina Ringo is the hype alive what's gonna be her next concept? Because everybody knows that she said no more solo career. I would bet on a string quarter or a chamber music formation. That would be so in the spirit of Sheena Ringo (ok, I can dream, but you know I'm a dreamer )
Hmmm...I don't completely understand your point but I believe I should be offended in some way. Shiina "average" on stage? Don't like Kyoiku? Goddamn man.

Yes, Variety sounds like a bunch of third rate musiciens got together and aimed to regurgitate music in the Shiina style. that was your message in the second paragraph, non?
Old 2007.10.07, 01:50 PM   #377
HEDOfloe

Yes, Variety sounds like a bunch of third rate musiciens got together and aimed to regurgitate music in the Shiina style.
You really believe that? I think the band plays extremely well on this album and I doubt anyone would argue that. The argument, however, lies in how well they took this playing and pieced it together to make a focused sound that makes sense.
Old 2007.10.07, 01:59 PM   #378
cjhobbies00

You really believe that? I think the band plays extremely well on this album and I doubt anyone would argue that. The argument, however, lies in how well they took this playing and pieced it together to make a focused sound that makes sense.
I wasn't shitting on technique, only the music. Much of the album feels as if they tried to channel shiina in some way. It just didn't work to create anything memorable.
Old 2007.10.07, 02:02 PM   #379
HEDOfloe

You can believe that if you want, but I was just addressing where you said that it "sounds like a bunch of third rate musiciens". I figured that does refer to technique.
Old 2007.10.07, 02:05 PM   #380
cjhobbies00

You can believe that if you want, but I was just addressing where you said that it "sounds like a bunch of third rate musiciens". I figured that does refer to technique.
I was refering to their third rate compositions. But i see how you made the mistake.