Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.12.04, 04:17 AM   #101
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

I'd prefer a DVD release, but this is not that bad...
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.04, 05:09 AM   #102
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Ayumi Hamasaki's Countdown concerts are broadcast on TV and then released on DVD. And I'm pretty sure it's happened for a few other artists too... from memory I think both Otsuka Ai and BoA. Don't take my word for it though.

The stage looks really nice, thanks for the photos!
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.04, 06:06 AM   #103
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

c'mon people who said they wont release the dvd? that happened to domestic tour, they broadcasted it on tv ( cut of course ) and then released the full dvd later... and that happened also to Do As Infinity dvds Final and Live in Japan II... they released one dvd for dynamite tour ( dynamite out ), one for domestic tour ( just can't help it ).. theres no reason to dont release one for spa&treatment o_O I think you all are just too worried

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.04, 06:10 AM   #104
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
c'mon people who said they wont release the dvd? that happened to domestic tour, they broadcasted it on tv ( cut of course ) and then released the full dvd later... and that happened also to Do As Infinity dvds Final and Live in Japan II... they released one dvd for dynamite tour ( dynamite out ), one for domestic tour ( just can't help it ).. theres no reason to dont release one for spa&treatment o_O I think you all are just too worried
I was just typing this exact same post when I saw you beat me XD

seriously, Jihen has followed the same suit for EVERY release. Start out with a single (maybe two), drop the album, release a dvd of single PV's plus special extras included to round out the disc, release a special edition vinyl of either the singles or the dvd materials, go on tour, then release that as a dvd. Like clockwork.

I haven't read the press release let, but unless it explicitly states that the concert is being broadcast IN FULL I wouldn't really fret about it. They said they were broadcasting Countdown Japan and they only aired two songs out of a 11 or 12 song set....they aren't going to give away the show for free....they are going to get some promo and then release a dvd eventually I bet....
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.04, 07:09 AM   #105
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Darn it I don't want a DVD!! THIS IS AWFUL I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO IT ONLY BEING ON TV

:p

But nah, this is a good turn of events (though no events were really turned, it was just some other people having another opinion.. haha).
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.04, 07:21 AM   #106
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Ayumi Hamasaki's Countdown concerts are broadcast on TV and then released on DVD. And I'm pretty sure it's happened for a few other artists too... from memory I think both Otsuka Ai and BoA. Don't take my word for it though.
That's cool. I'm not overly familiar with those artists. I was thinking of concerts by Luna Sea, FAKE? and Cocco that were broadcast on TV, but not released on DVD (or VHS). Jihen's Virgin Line concerts also crossed my mind, but I don't think that was a full-blown tour.
Old 2007.12.04, 08:29 AM   #107
Yahiko

(most of) artists usually release concerts for tv-only when its something special .. like a countdown concert ( like DAI's Do the live )... the bad thing is when they dont release not even tours or nothing nothing live in years *looks at tsukiko* but cmon we have tokyo jihen here !

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2007.12.04, 09:17 PM   #108
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
(most of) artists usually release concerts for tv-only when its something special .. like a countdown concert ( like DAI's Do the live )... the bad thing is when they dont release not even tours or nothing nothing live in years *looks at tsukiko* but cmon we have tokyo jihen here !
yeah I don't know why she hasn't released any live dvds....I'm sure it has to do with otokura...but now that she is on smj players maybe we will get a live dvd. I really want Omohide......
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.06, 04:54 AM   #109
Yahiko

i really want omoide² too i hope she re-release those rare stuff on sma players like uma salmon, howling dvd ( this is pretty hard to be rereleased huh ), or those vhs in dvd format

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2007.12.06, 08:38 AM   #110
Ladymercury

Ladymercury pleased at least somebody

If not, they'll eventually pull a GLAY. There was a few concerts that were TV only, like Heavy Gauge Arena Tour 2000, and that ended up on dvd four years ago.

Marketing > Artistic Wishes.

When it boils down to it, dollars and cents (or is it yen and..... ?) makes the decisions.
Ladymercury is offline   Reply With Quote