Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2010.01.27, 12:17 PM   #381
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

scribble scribble scribble, why are we fighting? forgive me for trying to keep the integrity of this forum (above all else, thats what it has going for it). perhaps my comments have been more aggressive than I've intended, but I'm not attacking anyone's opinion. As frecklegirl has noted, you have a history of keeping the forum in on 2ch's rumors, which is appreciated, and my *only* objection is to dealing in rumors for weeks and weeks to eventually have them eclipse the facts when they do actually come out. your initial "hahahah" as interpreted by both myself and frecklegirl (who I asked because I was confused) was seen as a comment on my objection to criticizing Ringo for the composition of Kachiikusa, when I hated on the song earlier, and as she stated, it was actually a comment on judging the song based on rumored credits.

I'm sorry if my "anal mod-ing" bothers you, but I think its irresponsible to just post whatever I want and expect the Mod's, who have a lot of things going on in their own lives, to just clean it up. As of right now, there are only two people in a Mod capacity who are around enough, as in, on a semi-daily basis, to bother regulating the forums. I don't want to be a Mod, nor do I think anyone wants me to be either, but as OUR community, it is OUR responsibility to patrol and take care of this place on our own. Make it the type of community we want to participate in. Mods should just be the people we turn to for advice and help when the situation is out of control.

and sorry for having concern for the zero post inactive lurkers, but the fact that 3 have come out no less than 2 posts after this conversation in this thread says something, doesn't it?
Old 2010.01.27, 12:33 PM   #382
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Okay, understood!
Old 2010.01.27, 02:21 PM   #383
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Why can't Gaman be on the album instead of Kachi Ikusa? It's soo much better.
Old 2010.01.27, 03:13 PM   #384
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by bromithia View Post
its SR/TJ tradition to put some songs way to good for the album on a single as a b-side.
Old 2010.01.27, 03:41 PM   #385
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Well, we've already heard that song. I don't find it necessary to put it on the album. Given the fact that there's only 9 more songs that we haven't heard yet and that Kachi Ikusa is pretty... simple and even so it is being somehow promoted... They better save the good tracks for the actual release :\.
Old 2010.01.27, 05:22 PM   #386
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

The Rockin' On guy said that with Sports, he feels that Tokyo Jihen sounds more alternative than Shiina Ringo during her solo career. Kachi-Ikusa, Noudouteki Sanpunkan and Senkou Shoujo seem to suggest otherwise, lol... but you wouldn't use Souretsu to advertise chewing gum, would ya

Senkou Shoujo is my real disappointment with the Sports-era songs. It sounds like flat lemonade or over-diluted concentrated Ribena.
Old 2010.01.27, 08:06 PM   #387
mae

mae is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by bromithia View Post
would somebody please show me a link where to listend to Gaman properly, if possible? I just found a cover where i could hear the original sound in the back, and i also thought it was way better... it's kind of ironic for me, this song's name is translated "frustration" isn't it? Im thinking at kachi ikusa's lyrics now...
Old 2010.01.28, 12:55 AM   #388
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by teattum View Post
Moreover it's risky, in my mind, to write something that can be awkward.

You must think I'm a fool. Everything I post is akward.

If its difficult for you to post, enjoy reading. But don't feel embaressed, if anyone criticizes your English (I dont think they will), I will eat their dog.
Old 2010.01.28, 12:57 AM   #389
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by mae View Post
would somebody please show me a link where to listend to Gaman properly, if possible?
It's on Noudouteki Sanpunkan single CD.

Last edited by EmilScherbe : 2010.01.28 at 01:16 AM.
Old 2010.01.28, 03:18 AM   #390
Scribble R

=P

I finally got my earphones and managed to listen to Kachi Ikusa again. I think it's much better than Noudoteki Sanpunkan.

I do like 3min, but whenever I listen to that song I have this niggle that the song is 'holding back', as if there should be something more, as if it's not quite reaching its potential.

It's like sticking ramen in the microwave, timing it for three minutes, then finding it uncooked because you accidentally left the power setting on defrost for the lamb in yesterday's stir fry.

Can't quite explain it, but one thing I love about SR, from MM to SG, is that she tends to tear or 'rape' the hell out of her choruses, and in this regard, Kachi Ikusa is more satisfying than 3min. And out of the two songs, 3min is the one where the CM shows me all the song has to offer. Heck, I think 3min sounded better in the CM.

But I have to say, I'm very happy with Uki's vocal contributions to both songs. Heck, Uki's parts saved 3min for me.

Please just don't do any duets (Although Shiina x Kameda would be amazing =P)

Last edited by Scribble R : 2010.01.28 at 03:25 AM.
Closed Thread