Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.05.25, 06:28 AM   #121
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
Oh, it looks like the tracklist is out (source).

1. カーテンフォール (Curtain Fall)
2. 都会のマナー (Tokai no Manaa)
3. 目覚め (Mezame)
4. タリンス (Tarinsu)
5. ずっと (Zutto)
6. GOOD DAY GOOD BYE
7. 子供の情景 (Kodomo no Joukei)
8. Mother goose

I have no idea what "Tarinsu" means. Anyone know?
Kronekodow:

Track 4 – Talins
Music, lyrics and arrangement by Ichiyo Izawa
I don't know what Talins is either o_O.
Old 2009.05.25, 06:37 AM   #122
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Talons? Maybe?
Old 2009.05.25, 06:47 AM   #123
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Nah, it'd be written in katakana differently (タロンス). Hmmm. Talins. Wtf!

Whoa, I had no idea Kronekodow had the English translations out yet. Thanks, Orenji! (Wait, where the heck is it on the site?)

Edit: Found a Japanese Ringo fan blog discussing the tracklist. They said: "タリンス。タンス+リンス、とみた。" Which is saying this person interpreted it as a mix of tansu (meaning dresser/chest of drawer) and rinsu (hair conditioner/rinse). Hmm. It certainly doesn't seem to be a pre-existing word at all; looks made-up.

Found another one; they said:
・・・・・・・・・タリンスってなんだろう。何語?
「足りんす」ということだろうか。(遊女?)
「足りんっす」か(後輩?というか曲が?まぁファンとしてはそうだけど)

以前に「シャンプー」って曲を提供してましたけど、「リンス」じゃないのね。大丈夫? 
さすがわっち。
Basically they have no idea what it could mean either and offer a few suggestions, like a prostitute saying "Tari n 'su" (that's enough). They mention how even though she used "Shampoo" as a title earlier, it's not straight-up "Rinsu" ("Conditioner"). This would be a lot easier and make a lot more sense if it was.

That second blog also mentioned it looks like Kaela Kimura is contributing to the album.
Old 2009.05.25, 07:09 AM   #124
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
Whoa, I had no idea Kronekodow had the English translations out yet. Thanks, Orenji! (Wait, where the heck is it on the site?)
It's on the news section:

Sheena Ringo, Tokyo Incidents Contribute to New Rie Tomosaka Album

Longtime friend Sheena Ringo and Tokyo Incidents have taken part in Rie Tomosaka’s new album. The collaboration is tight, with Ringo writing two songs and Tokyo Incidents’ Ichiyo Izawa and Ukigumo each providing a track. Tokyo Incidents also provides arrangement for a track.

Toridori, A New Album by Rie Tomosaka
On sale Wed., June 24
2,600 yen (w/tax)

Contributions
Track 2 – Tokai no Manaa (“City Manners”)
Music and lyrics by Sheena Ringo
Arranged by Tokyo Incidents
Track 3 – Mezame (“Waking Up”)
Music, lyrics and arrangement by Ukigumo
Track 4 – Talins
Music, lyrics and arrangement by Ichiyo Izawa
Track 7 – Kodomo no Jokei (“Childhood Scene”)
Music, lyrics and arrangement by Sheena Ringo
Old 2009.05.25, 07:38 AM   #125
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

So the album is nearly Tokyo Jihen's 4th album. Should keep fans of both camps happy...kind of =P
Old 2009.05.25, 09:46 AM   #126
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Ohhh, now that makes the release a bit more exciting... I really liked Tokai no Manaa, so I'll give this a listen. Also, only 8 tracks? Do they even make albums THIS short anymore?
Old 2009.05.25, 10:22 AM   #127
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
So the album is nearly Tokyo Jihen's 4th album. Should keep fans of both camps happy...kind of =P
if you collect all the new songs Jihen and Ringo contributed to other artists, its a total of 8 new songs.

its a stealthy way of getting a double-albums worth of material when you include that and Sanmon Gossip.
Old 2009.05.25, 10:34 AM   #128
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
if you collect all the new songs Jihen and Ringo contributed to other artists, its a total of 8 new songs.

its a stealthy way of getting a double-albums worth of material when you include that and Sanmon Gossip.
Hah. That's effing weird, because I remember that a few people here *wished* that the new album would be a double album with one side solo Shiina, one side Tokyo Jihen, and we were saying that it'd never come true! And guess what? It has!

A double album with Tomosaka Rie doing the Phase 2 stuff makes more sense/is more realistic than having a double album with Shiina Ringo on both. And PUFFY in the mix gives it more 'VARIETY.

It's crazy man: Shiina Ringo naming her song/album 'Superficial Gossip,' commenting about her fans's complaints AND this whole Phase 2 Rie thing. She must read this forum!
Old 2009.05.25, 10:48 AM   #129
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Yes. She reads this forum daily. She must.
Old 2009.05.25, 10:52 AM   #130
Scribble R

I just listened to the Tomosaka Rie song again. I like it when she hits that bad, cringeworthy note. It goes with the song.

I guess I'm actually, er, expecting a tad more out of this album (To say that I'm looking forward to it would be a too-strong turn of phrase). I'll listen to it before Sanmon Gossip.
Closed Thread