Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2012.10.06, 08:44 PM   #11
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I still don't understand why the anime chick artwork is used on this... so strange.

Very surprised there's apparently been no discussion of the new song from this, or was it just elsewhere on the forum?
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.06, 10:18 PM   #12
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

Explanation for why the anime girl: late night anime = shinya anime
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_night_anime TV THEME. TV THEME FOREVER.

but yeah, the song was mentioned somewheeeere else. not much talk about it as it was deemed "vanilla." I really liked it though. Easy/catchy tune + nice brass/horns. It was stuck in my head for quite awhile.
BlueApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.23, 05:22 AM   #13
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Guess it goes here but for those who collect the Score Books, ones for both Shinya Waku and Color Bars are being released on November 30. News on Kronekodow.
Old 2012.11.08, 01:29 PM   #14
LoBFCanti

LoBFCanti is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by BlueApple View Post
Explanation for why the anime girl: late night anime = shinya anime
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_night_anime TV THEME. TV THEME FOREVER.
I thought it was because of the P4 the A binge. Midnight channel - midnight broadca- eh whatever. The songs sound nice together. I hated B.B. and Pinocchio originally. They are normally skip button songs for me but I actually cared to listen to them on full album playthroughs of Shinya Waku.

Tadanaranu kankei didn't didn't move me much first play, It was felt like Metro or Ramp with trumphets. I was reminded that I actually do like both those songs, and then went to listen to it again. Still nothing really.

Maybe I wanted the song to compensate for Kao being finished, I can't listen to that or Sounan without repeating it at least once.
LoBFCanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.09, 06:04 AM   #15
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Translation:
http://lavendral.wordpress.com/2012/...naranu-kankei/
Old 2012.11.16, 05:19 PM   #16
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

Thanks frecklegirl, I do enjoy this song. It's mellow and light indeed, but it's so smooth that the chorus loop at the end could have lasted several minutes and I'd still be feelin' it.
Carlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.27, 12:40 AM   #17
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

So that song was composed by both Uki and Ringo? It's harder for me to pick out the 'Ringo parts' and 'Uki parts' in this as opposed to the Ringozawa music where you can see where Ringo filled the gaps.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.27, 01:40 AM   #18
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

I can't really tell either but I dig this tune.
Old 2013.03.15, 06:29 AM   #19
frecklegirl
apple-princess

It just occurred to me that the title is probably supposed to sound like 深夜ワーク - shinya/late-night work, or, the graveyard shift. I'd say this is a reference to them staying in the studio all night but they said in the Dai-hakken interview they almost never even stayed late enough to order dinner.
Old 2013.06.17, 04:14 AM   #20
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

I forgot how much I like Tadanaranu Kankei. Forgot it even existed actually, since I never bothered to purchase/download this. I'd venture to say pretty much the best of their whole easy-pop-lounge-rock thing. Also, I would have absolutely no problem with seeing more of Ringo in black-rimmed hipster glasses.

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
I'd say this is a reference to them staying in the studio all night but they said in the Dai-hakken interview they almost never even stayed late enough to order dinner.
Probably why they broke up. The band that eats together, makes beats together.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote