Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2010.03.21, 11:40 AM   #351
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Superficial Fan View Post
Poor Gaman, didn't make the cut while so much other blahness did. I did like that track.
I don't think b-sides are tracks that didn't make the cut, I think some artists, like Jihen, pick songs that stand strong on their own or pair well the other a-side(s) on the single. in gaman's case, it is such a strong solo track, it would have stuck out like a sore thumb on the album (but in a good way), so I'm glad its on the single.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.21, 12:08 PM   #352
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Well, we know that Ringo has a history of distributing her songs across releases as she sees fit. Even with Sports, she said that they had tried twice as many compositions, but half didn't fit with this album and will be saved for their next release.

I don't understand the upset about a B-Side not getting the cut, when we've got the song anyway.

Funnily enough, Zettai Zetsumei half reminds me of Gaman.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.21, 10:19 PM   #353
Masuku

Masuku pleased at least somebody

Sigh! I only found out last week that Tokyo Jihen had new album out since Feb. And I claim myself as a fan.. However I first listened all the singles that had came out from the album and felt like "mmh yeah ringo is all grown up since my fandom started and she was still all crazy..." so i accepted the sound of the new songs. I really like Tokyo Jihen's disco overall and Sweet Spot is actually one of my favorite tracks from this album.

I prefer Sanmon Gossip over this. However Denpa Tsuushin, Nodouteki Sanpunkan, Noriki (Especially!!) and Sweet Spot are my faves after 3 times of listening this thing through.
Masuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.22, 08:53 AM   #354
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Kimaru's definitely lives up to SR's solo stuff. I absolutely love it.

My top 10 TJ list, in no particular order, would be this

1. Kimaru
2. Zettai Zetsumei
3. Himitsu
4. Genjitsu wo Warau
5. Omatsuri Sawagi
6. Jusui Negai
7. Sounan
8. Kokoro
9. Tasogare Naki
10. Ekimae

FOUL is the best megaphone 'gimmick' song she's been associated with. Including even Koufukuron Etrdfszdhen.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2010.03.22 at 09:02 AM.
Old 2010.03.22, 09:37 AM   #355
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by scribble
FOUL is the best megaphone 'gimmick' song she's been associated with. Including even Koufukuron Etrdfszdhen.
Whoa, let's not get crazy now. I don't think I'm alone in saying Service, Crawl and Koufukuron easily surpass FOUL. Though I guess I've only listened to it a few times.. didn't really give it a chance to grow on me. There's just too much other good music to be listening to though!
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.22, 10:40 AM   #356
Scribble R

Crawl is one of the worst things Tokyo Jihen has recorded. Koufukuron works better as J-Pop, although the story behind it is cool. Service is skippable unless it's DO.

FOUL's fun with it's defective creaky robot-ness (Which actually works this time), plus it's short enough to not get annoying. Actually, it's really how TJ's version of OSCA should have been.

You probably won't be alone in thinking Service, Crawl and Koufukuron is better because the megaphone is feeling 'overused' at this point and tbqh, thinking a solo/Phase 1 work is better no-matter-what is pretty 'safe' in these parts. But really, it just comes down to what clicks with you and what doesn't. Sayonara Season IMO is the blandest thing on the album after Senkou Shoujo but it's pretty popular here.
Old 2010.03.22, 04:00 PM   #357
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

I definitely disagree, Scribble. I personally think FOUL is easily the worst of the megaphone tracks. Though I'm sure everyone knows how I feel by now.

Last edited by Osiris12345 : 2010.03.22 at 06:37 PM.
Osiris12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.22, 06:06 PM   #358
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

koufukuron is easily the best megaphone song, followed by Crawl and OSCA, which are tied in my book. OSCA does count because its almost always entirely megaphone live...FOUL is fun but its not as good as some of the other stuff, although I prefer it to service, which is mostly unlistenable in my book.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.22, 06:29 PM   #359
Cinders

Cinders is headed in the right direction

:[ I love Service, but yeah Koufukuron is the best in my opinion too. I like FOUL, just not sure how much when it comes to the other megaphone songs though. I do know I don't really like BB Queen.
Cinders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.23, 12:00 AM   #360
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

foul would be a great song if it didnt exist already
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote