Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2013.11.11, 03:28 PM   #161
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Japun :-p

(Herp derp I know)
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.11, 05:15 PM   #162
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

I always thought it was playing on kirakira pussy, or was that too obvious? Haha.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.11, 07:28 PM   #163
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

So full version of Netsuai Hakkakuchuu PV is out. More of the same stuff, bit of blood and explosions too. The part of interest however, is the bridge just after the part that the preview version ended on- you can actually hear some trademark RINGO in there.

Overall, good Ringo bridge, OK-Goodish Nakata everything else.

The videoclip doesn't really do all that much for me, not understanding the hype really. I'll stan the IT WAS YOU PV over this any-day.

Also (spoiler alert)

Any insight into the ending of the clip??? Who is the old guy? Any significance?
Old 2013.11.12, 05:03 AM   #164
thefro

thefro raises the standards of what a community can offer

My only complaint about the full song would be that it definitely takes a half-step back after the bridge and goes back into Ringobot mode. Typically you'd expect Ringo to layer another vocal line in for the last chorus but it didn't happen in this song. If Nakata added anything on the last chorus(I'll have to listen to it with headphones) in it's cute-sounding stuff on the high end which takes some of the edge off. I'm hopeful this gets fixed in the live performances that surely will happen on the 15th anniversary shows.

The music video totally delivers in spades, on the other hand.

Regarding the spoiler stuff, I've got the same question you do.
thefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.12, 06:04 AM   #165
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Oh my god, the difference it makes hearing it without those silly sound effects in it!!!
Old 2013.11.12, 09:48 AM   #166
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
The videoclip doesn't really do all that much for me, not understanding the hype really. I'll stan the IT WAS YOU PV over this any-day.
Boobs and Shiina kicking ass. What's not to understand?

I woke up to the Fed-Ex guy banging on my door and ringing my door bell. My 15th Anniversary box set has arrived! Spending the day enjoying some concerts.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.12, 12:19 PM   #167
anonlurker

How have you found the video quality in comparison to the DVD's?
Old 2013.11.12, 12:28 PM   #168
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by anonlurker View Post
How have you found the video quality in comparison to the DVD's?
To be honest, I haven't seen any of the DVDs, so my only experience watching Ringo live is from Youtube rips or other rips that I downloaded so it's hard to make a true quality comparison. I've only watched Ringo Expo 08 so far and I found the quality to be very good, but sometimes the music was slightly louder than Shiina's vocals, but nothing to truly complain about.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.12, 03:48 PM   #169
deadgrandma

Ukina is so much fun to listen to as a whole. Truly far more "Variety" than anything released before. Listening through though, I gotta pick Between Today and Tomorrow (which I hope will finally get the attention it deserves- at least after the Nakata hype dies down) and Kira Bushi as my favorites. Those are totally outstanding.

Mitsugetsu Shou on the other hand, is also a very enjoyable listen, much more so than Tokyo Collection was. The audio quality is pretty great on the tracks and it sounds like the mix is different to the DVD rips in a lot of occasions. The NHK songs in particular are the clearest I've ever heard them and this has to be the definitive version of Ariamaru Tomi, so damn gorgeous.

Too early to add a numeric score to them, perhaps too hard, because there are so many classics on these compilations that my opinion will only be biased by nostalgia. Still, a lot to enjoy here, for all fans, old and nu. Sure I've heard all of it before, but it still somehow manages to sound fresh and well, damn exciting.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.11.12 at 03:53 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.12, 04:38 PM   #170
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Greatest song in the universe:
7. 熱愛発覚中/椎名林檎と中田ヤスタカ(CAPSULE)

The obvious classics:

1. やさしい哲学/冨田ラボ feat. 椎名林檎
8. MY FOOLISH HEART ~crazy on earth~/SOIL&"PIMP"SESSIONS×椎名林檎
9. あまいやまい feat.椎名林檎/マボロシ
10. 危険すぎる/浅井健一
13. 殺し屋危機一髪/SOIL&"PIMP"SESSIONSと椎名林檎
14. APPLE with Ringo Sheena/TOWA TEI

The rest:

Two 谷口崇 songs are pretty good, tame compare to real Ringo songs.
Two Zazen Boys songs are decent, rather listen to Number Girl though.
MO'SOME TONEBENDER...no Ringo vocals, but sounds like early Ringo rockers, decent song.
Between Today and Tomorrow reminds me those John Zorn movie scores, it's a decent instrumental.

Least favourites are It Was You (zzz) and Kira Bushi (wanky Japanese dude vocals overall it).

Last edited by Inseu : 2013.11.12 at 04:41 PM.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote