Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.10.30, 07:18 PM   #261
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

So, I got the SO-EN issue.

TWO (admittedly gorgeous) extra pictures of Ringo. TWO.
3 pages in total about her.

Yeah, you can skip this one.

Lucky it was only 500 yen :-p
Old 2014.10.31, 04:31 AM   #262
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

They just did a live streaming of the entire album on niconico, followed by a live interview, all in front of an audience. There might be a live performance going on too, but I don't have a premium membership to see the rest.

I won't spoil anything, but I'll say that the new tracks are all pretty wonderful.
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.31, 05:40 AM   #263
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by mrnarse View Post
They just did a live streaming of the entire album on niconico, followed by a live interview, all in front of an audience. There might be a live performance going on too, but I don't have a premium membership to see the rest.

I won't spoil anything, but I'll say that the new tracks are all pretty wonderful.
Why didn't you notify the rest of us that this was going to be happening? I would have tuned in.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.31, 05:45 AM   #264
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
Why didn't you notify the rest of us that this was going to be happening? I would have tuned in.
He did a couple pages back...
Old 2014.10.31, 06:28 AM   #265
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
He did a couple pages back...
Oh...damn. I guess I can't keep up with every post. Oh well, release date soon anyway.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.31, 06:32 AM   #266
harry4567

harry4567 raises the standards of what a community can offer

Can't wait to listen the whole album next tuesday! (GMT+8)
harry4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.31, 11:01 AM   #267
kalmia

kalmia is an asset to this community

I found the Nico broadcast clip on YouTube with the album playing in the background during the interview. It was uploaded just two hours ago. I missed the original airing so I'll keep an eye out for the streaming of the album.

Interview

I saved the video if it gets taken down.
kalmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.31, 12:56 PM   #268
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
Apologies if I forgot to mention it before. I had thought the stream was going to be for premium niconico members only, but it turned out that only the end of the interview section was premium. I don't believe she performed live or anything in the premium part either. It seems to have been very short.

They made a point to emphasize that they were playing the album to the live audience in hi-res audio and that you can buy the album and Heisei Fuuzoku in hi-res on the 5th. Obviously, that doesn't come through over an internet stream, but it's good to know they're actively promoting it.

They also showed off some kind of Digest video that previewed each track with a few seconds of Shiina in a T-shirt related to the track. It was very much like the UNIQLOCK videos if you've seen them (not surprising because her husband directed those). The video was in a cell phone aspect ratio, so maybe there will be some kind of app featuring them in the future?

Many of the new songs felt different from her other stuff. If I had to compare, I'd say they were most like SG, but with a good amount of funk added to the jazziness.

The new songs are mostly in the first half of the album, and on first listen they seemed to be more cohesive than the bulk of the older songs on the second half. Can't wait to hear it again to see how it all comes together as a whole.

Edit: You might notice the guy on the far right in that interview video. He's Yamaguchi-san from EMI. You might remember him from the Meisai video, or the funny extras on the end of Seiteki Healing 2 and 3. It's been a while since I've seen him around.
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.31, 04:43 PM   #269
deadgrandma

Is it Saito Neko providing string sections on this album? Is there an official credits list out there?

Cause if it is Saito Neko, then it sounds like he drunk a reservoir worth of Red Bull.
Old 2014.10.31, 05:26 PM   #270
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Edit: You might notice the guy on the far right in that interview video. He's Yamaguchi-san from EMI. You might remember him from the Meisai video, or the funny extras on the end of Seiteki Healing 2 and 3. It's been a while since I've seen him around.
He appeared on the PV for Tadanaranu Kankei too! They've been working together for such a long time, it seems.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote