Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: What is your opinion of Ukigumo after listening to Variety?
I liked him in Adult and I like him the same in Variety. 18 35.29%
I didn't like him in Adult and I still don't like him in Variety. 3 5.88%
I didn't like him then but I do like him now. 1 1.96%
I liked him then but I don't like him now. 5 9.80%
I liked him in Adult but I love him even more now. 7 13.73%
I didn't like him in Adult but I hate him even more now. 3 5.88%
Ukigumo is meant for Tokyo Jihen! 8 15.69%
Bring Hirama back! 13 25.49%
I couldn't care less who plays guitar for Tokyo Jihen. 14 27.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007.09.29, 12:12 PM   #1
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Default The Ukigumo Poll

Ukigumo wrote 7 songs in Variety and displayed his ability to play more than just repeated staccato notes in his signature strange country/twangy style. Do you like him more after listening to Variety? Or much less? Or do you not care at all?

VERY IMPORTANT Instructions: Please choose TWO options - one option from 1-6 and one more option from 7-9.

Last edited by justriiingo : 2007.09.29 at 12:36 PM.
justriiingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.29, 12:13 PM   #2
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

in before poll
Old 2007.09.29, 12:17 PM   #3
Op2
Banned

Op2 is headed in the right direction

Definitely more after Variety.
After hearing what he did to Toumei Ningen from the Dynamite! tour version, and comparing his work in Adult to Variety, it was a huge step up for him, both technically and musically.

EDIT: I think your poll will confuse people.

Last edited by Op2 : 2007.09.29 at 12:25 PM.
Op2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.29, 12:28 PM   #4
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Well, with a "bring Hirama back" option, how can you lose?

Now then, as I've expressed before his guitar work is less "intrusive" in Variety than in Adult. Uki wrote Fukushuu, I believe, so he gets some dap for that. hime and kingyo are both relatively inoffensive. However, he also wrote Metro, and im sure he wrote one of the kuronekodo/boutemin/ssaw trinity of lame.

Hirama is a better musician all around. Better writer, better guitarist, more versatile.

EDIT anyone that votes Ukigumo is meant for Jihen is fail. Uki was choice number what now?
Hint, its greater than one.

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2007.09.29 at 12:34 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.29, 01:09 PM   #5
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

XP
I didn't read the instructions before I voted
anyway... there is just one opition that fit me

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.29, 01:58 PM   #6
Nebularus

Nebularus is headed in the right direction

"Ukigumo is meant for Tokyo Jihen!"

If Shiina thinks he's meant for TJ, why waste time thinking otherwise? Obviously she sees value in him that the rest of you don't, but ultimately, whose opinion actually counts? The haters' on some message-board or Shiina's?

"Hirama is a better musician all around. Better writer, better guitarist, more versatile."

Disagree. After seeing him live twice, he's a one trick pony. I always thought he was sloppy.
Nebularus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.29, 03:00 PM   #7
Mad_Mac

Mad_Mac pleased at least somebody

I don't hate him as a guitarist that for sure. I like the way he play as i like Hirama play. What i don't like in Uki guitar playing is that i think he is unable to play a song like Shounan, or Service (Phase 2 Service is just PATHETIC). But Hirama still can play songs like Toumei or maybe OSCA with his own style.

I like what Uki did in Adult, since he only play Guitar at that album. But, in Variety, when he composed songs, it turns out ugly. Not all of them, but his song is less entertaining than Izawa's. Fukushuu is the worst. WTF, it just a plain average rock song for me like any other lame rock band out there.

So my vote comes to.

"i like him then, but i hate him now" meaning the way he composed.

"I couldn't careless"

I don't want to choose this but no other choice for me i guess. "Bring Hirama Back" seems impossible since he choose to do Solo, and Shiina respect that. and i do prefer TJ in this genre that fully rock like phase 1 (EVen though i enjoy it).

"Uki meant for TJ"

Is a bit bullshit for me. If he decided to go than go. I believe there are lot of better guitarist or least in the same level with him in Japan. And there will be lot of people toasting champagne in this board. He is one member in TJ that i couldn't careless. But, if he do go, it will left us a big mystery i guess. What kind of guitarist will come to replace him. A full rock kind, or his kind, or another kind. It's a bit interesting for me.

I just hope the other 3 will stay in Tokyo Jihen. I love them so much.
Mad_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.29, 04:20 PM   #8
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I don't care who plays guitar for them since Ringo won't pick anyone who is not really talented.

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
EDIT anyone that votes Ukigumo is meant for Jihen is fail. Uki was choice number what now?
Hint, its greater than one.
Uki was not a second choice. A second choice is when they were both there and she chose Hirama. I doubt they were both there in the first auditions. I would have voted that he is meant for Tokyo Jihen since I don't like any of his solo work and he seems to prosper in this band, but I feel more strongly about not caring who is their guitarist for the above reason.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.29, 04:22 PM   #9
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

A bit of a confusing poll...

I dunno, I never exactly liked him or disliked him. I don't tend to have an opinion on the individual members of a band. My obvious stance would be I liked Adult but I didn't like Variety. But that doesn't mean I liked Uki when Adult was released and I don't like him now. I suppose I liked him during both albums because I didn't necessarily dislike his guitar playing during either album.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.29, 04:25 PM   #10
Tokyo Jihad

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
I don't care who plays guitar for them since Ringo won't pick anyone who is not really talented.

Uki was not a second choice. A second choice is when they were both there and she chose Hirama. I doubt they were both there in the first auditions. I would have voted that he is meant for Tokyo Jihen since I don't like any of his solo work and he seems to prosper in this band, but I feel more strongly about not caring who is their guitarist for the above reason.
I highly doubt there were auditions....
and Shiina had worked with Uki as recently (to the forming of TJ) as recording Ichijiku no hana/KZK. Uki was i the neighborhood, he had even worked on the album she was preparing to tour. And he was not her top choice.