Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.10.12, 03:18 AM   #421
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

kingyo no hako, fukushu and metro are my favorites
but I don't like enough to play them repeatly (maybe kingyo no hako, but I don't put it on repeat anyway)

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.12, 04:02 AM   #422
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

After listening to the whole album many times, I've started to love it!

My favs are: Ramp, Kingyo no Hako, OSCA (of course), Kronekodow, Botomin and Killer Tune.

I don't like Sake to Geko at all ~
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.12, 04:30 AM   #423
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
After listening to the whole album many times, I've started to love it!

My favs are: Ramp, Kingyo no Hako, OSCA (of course), Kronekodow, Botomin and Killer Tune.

I don't like Sake to Geko at all ~
Welcome back, Orenji! Why do you not like Sake to Geko??
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.12, 05:39 AM   #424
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Hedofloe View Post
Welcome back, Orenji! Why do you not like Sake to Geko??
Yes, I'm back at last!! (My PC was broken for tow looooong months... )

I'm starting to like "Sake to Geko", but I think it's the worst song on the album. I don't know why, but it doesn't sound as good as the others for me .
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.12, 08:53 AM   #425
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Awww man, I love the piano and guitar in Sake to Geko. And the way each syllable is pronounced so strongly in the angry part.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.12, 10:02 AM   #426
zach

zach has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I do a lot of "music directory on shuffle" listening (right now in fact I'm listening to my "electronic music" subdirectory), so I can't trust play count as an indicator of favorites. I also don't think I've given the Variety tunes a long enough opportunity to grow on me (if they're going to). Those disclaimers aside, my fave tunes on the album right now are:
  • Kingyo no Hako and Tsukigime-hime (for having hooks and a generally satisfying format)
  • Sake to Geko for almost being a triple meter tune. I am a sucker for triple meter so I was a bit disappointed when the newest TJ release didn't have a great triple tune. Every SR/TJ album to this point has had a great one (SR's 3/4 tunes generally have outstanding melodies). But, Sake to Geko (which I could almost swear is TJ covering a Yuu Nakashima song) comes close and has some very nice moments, so I'll be satisfied with that.

Don't know Japanese, but sing along anyway
my mp3 list
zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.12, 01:50 PM   #427
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by zach View Post
  • But, Sake to Geko (which I could almost swear is TJ covering a Yuu Nakashima song) comes close and has some very nice moments, so I'll be satisfied with that.
Bingo! I also think Kroneko sounds like a tune Yuu would play in ska style.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.12, 06:56 PM   #428
timuist

timuist pleased at least somebody

this album changed my life.
just like all of SR/TJ music
timuist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.12, 07:00 PM   #429
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

How did it change your life?

For me, it did not have a permanent change or anything, but it has definitely made my commute to school for the past week or so WAYY better.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.12, 08:37 PM   #430
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I'm going to post my reactions the to the album before reading everyone's post so I don't get influenced by anyone (and so I can feel like I listened to it at the same time as you guys. >_<)

"Ramp" is such a cute and catchy song!! <3 I like how "Mirrorball" sounded intergalactic, but I think I like the JCHI version better. I think "Kingyo no Hako" is an awesome song! The verse and hook sound so hard to sing, and I think because I listened to the chorus preview so much it's hard to see it connect to the rest of the song. I like Uki's guitar in the chorus. "Shiseikatsu" is a nice song, but it doesn't really strike me as special. I'm pretty sure I've heard similar sounds to the verse and chorus before. >_< It does sound like Kameda's style (at least with his work with Yano Maki) but I think they could've made it more original, unless they were going for the simple style. I was so tempted to skip over "OSCA," but I didn't and then I actually liked it. o_o I always laugh when Uki screams. XD He's soo funny. Anyway, I think Ringo let us hear her real voice here even if it was off note sometimes, and I kind of like that. I really like Izawa's piano in "Kronekodow," especially at the end. *_* Is this Ringo's other theme song?? (And it was composed by Izawa... <3333) OOMG, "Fukushuu" sounded so cool in the beginning, but I don't think the song fit well, especially with that end. T_T What genre of rock is this called again? I don't know if it was because of the type of song or because the lyrics were in English, but Ringo sang this song differently from other ones, although I kind of like how it sounded. The lyrics were okay too, but this song really reminded me of American (genrenameidunno) rock. I wonder which guitar is Izawa. o_o "Botomin" was a really surprising song, especially with Uki and Izawa singing. XD I think I like Uki's voice better than Izawa's. @_@ The "Kabuki" lines surprised me as well. I think "SSAW" is Ringo and Izawa's super sweet and warm love song. *_* I wonder what the lyrics are about because they sound happy singing it together. >_< But that was the only special thing about it to me. Is it "SSAW" or "SS/AW"? "Tsukigimehime" was a good song. *_* It was hard to fit the chorus into this song as well since I listened to the preview so much, but I liked the whole song better than the preview. I really like "Sake to Geko," but where is the piano from again? Didn't Izawa or HZM play this in another song? The eery verse reminds me of Lena Park's "Ghost." I think I listened to "Killer Tune" too much, but it does fit nicely into the album. "Metro" might be my favorite song on this album! It's so catchy like "Ramp" even though it's simply composed.

Overall, I liked album and my favorite songs are: Metro, Kingyo no Hako, Ramp, Sake to Geko, and Tsukigimehime. I will most likely change my mind on this album later.

I want more Kameda and Hata!! T_T And I wonder which songs Ringo will play the guitar to in the tour. *_* Did she play the guitar at all in the album?

I'll read through this topic now and reply with quotes.