Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.07.03, 07:57 AM   #91
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by CKSI View Post
Keshou Naoshi (喧嘩上等)

10 char
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.03, 12:27 PM   #92
haruhi-suzumiya

haruhi-suzumiya is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by RollOverHobo View Post
The most underated song, imo is Sakana. I hear people saying they like the song but it's not like it's their favorite song out of SS. This is my favorite Ringo PV-less song of SS. It's so jazzy and I like the way the lyrics just roll during the chorus (I attribute this to those R's *look at 'em roll!*). I'm kinda surprised not many people list this as their favorite song.
actually it's one of my favorites. i agree, it's an awesome song. it's quiet at first but then it's starts turning into a rock song. and also an unusual song for ringo.
haruhi-suzumiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.03, 05:05 PM   #93
CKSI

CKSI pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by ChickShhh View Post

10 char
Huh?

CKSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.03, 05:10 PM   #94
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

^ 喧嘩上等 is Kenka Joutou and not Kenshou Naoshi like you were saying. 化粧直し is what you meant (I think).
Old 2007.07.03, 06:07 PM   #95
CKSI

CKSI pleased at least somebody

Oh! I see...ooops

I suck, but yeah, I see now. Thank you for pointing that out! I didn't notice when I posted it. I wasn't thinking because I just copy and pasted it from my iTunes.

I just prefer reffering to the actual characters, because the romanizations aren't really that correct.

But speaking of which, 喧嘩上等, is also a really great song

Last edited by CKSI : 2007.07.03 at 06:13 PM.
CKSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.05, 08:37 AM   #96
Ananda

Ananda pleased at least somebody

Why do you think romanizations aren't correct ? I think the romanizations rules made it very correct. I prefer keeping the name in japanese just because it looks better and because Shiina plays with the writing of her songs, but I still think the romanizations are good.
Old 2007.07.05, 08:48 AM   #97
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Ananda View Post
Why do you think romanizations aren't correct ? I think the romanizations rules made it very correct. I prefer keeping the name in japanese just because it looks better and because Shiina plays with the writing of her songs, but I still think the romanizations are good.
re-read this pageeeeee
Attached Images
File Type: gif ahh.gif (175.9 KB, 74 views)
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.05, 10:22 AM   #98
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Rolling r's... I never really gave much thought of that, maybe cause that sound is so common in my native language.

That's also the reason why hearing native English speakers speak Japanese. It sounds funny, especially a girl from some British university in my class last year... sounded close to... cute with the R:s stuck somewhere down the throat.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.06, 05:49 AM   #99
KishiTheEvilLampshade

KishiTheEvilLampshade pleased at least somebody

Underrated: Sigma and If You Can Touch It (technically not a Ringo song, but still).

Overrated: Gibbsu
Koko de Kiss Shite
KishiTheEvilLampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.06, 07:36 AM   #100
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Underrated: Koko de Kiss Shite I'd like to her an actual case for Koko de being overrated for a change. I hear many people saying its overrated, yet no ones really pushing the song to begin with. Is it just because it was a (fairly successful) single? Because the intro is grating, jarring and makes you want to hit "skip >" (although, i think you'd be missing out on a good rest of the song.) Id just like to hear the case against it, its not my fav track in the universe either but I won't get carried away with it. When about 80% of the sentiment towards this song is bashing it, can it really be overrated?

for the sake of filling out the thread....

Overrated Yami ni Furu Ame See, here would be a candidate for being overrated (even tho i realize this only puts me in to be more unpopular with people ) Its voted second, 1 vote behind Honnou, in the SS thread. I dunno, dare I say this may be a case were the video is what's selling the song rather than the song selling itself. That's not "such" a bad thing. I think its a bit curious of a PV release. (tho SS sold so well, why wouldn't they keep pushing videos out) It's a nice, moody song (tho i'd contend the chorus is a little weak but maybe its inthe 'spirit') but on my personal list anyway its behind all the other pvs + Izonsho and Stocism