Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.12.02, 03:30 PM   #71
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Which is clearly the apple-coloured butterfly that emerges from that dried up shell. ^______________________^
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.02, 04:17 PM   #72
Superficial Fan

Superficial Fan raises the standards of what a community can offer

Can someone point me to where I can currently stream the new B-side? The youtube video was gone when I went back to it and I found it on an imeem page last night but then I couldn't seem to get back to the same site again.
Superficial Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.02, 04:51 PM   #73
fukamidori

fukamidori pleased at least somebody

Picked up the single yesterday in Tower Fukuoka and received the code to apply for tickets. As my Japanese is pretty bad, I didn't understand the URL to make the application. Does anyone have this?

Thanks!
fukamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.02, 11:21 PM   #74
Linnéa

Linnéa is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by ChickShhh View Post
I dont really like the side track, very BB.Queen.
Agreed; I think the last time I listened to BB.Queen & Karada was when I got the single in the mail, sort of scared that might happen here to. Might be song that grows on me, the jury's out.

On a slightly off-topic note, the kanji for 我慢 distracts me 'cause my brain is so soaked in Chinese studies I just read the Mandarin pronounciation "wo man" (I'm slow).

I think 3min will be my new laundry room song. Somehow I manage to only find available spots on Sundays 7-10AM which means I stumble down the steep stairs hungover, half-asleep, desperately needing a dance-inducing pick-me-up.
Linnéa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.03, 02:16 AM   #75
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by fukamidori View Post
Picked up the single yesterday in Tower Fukuoka and received the code to apply for tickets. As my Japanese is pretty bad, I didn't understand the URL to make the application. Does anyone have this?

Thanks!
http://pia.jp/v/tokyojihen10-cd

You should be able to figure it out from there. This time I had a Japanese friend sitting next to me so it took about 2 minutes, but I usually slowly and laboriously "translate" my way through it by copy and pasting the relevant chunks of Japanese. You will have to register for Ticket Pia as well, I think, if you have not already.

This site gives me much less of a headache than "translation" software.
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/c...wwwjdic.cgi?9T

You'll probably still get a headache. Try to have somebody help you.
natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.03, 02:58 AM   #76
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by natsume View Post
http://pia.jp/v/tokyojihen10-cd

You should be able to figure it out from there. This time I had a Japanese friend sitting next to me so it took about 2 minutes, but I usually slowly and laboriously "translate" my way through it by copy and pasting the relevant chunks of Japanese. You will have to register for Ticket Pia as well, I think, if you have not already.

This site gives me much less of a headache than "translation" software.
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?9T

You'll probably still get a headache. Try to have somebody help you.
easiest way to go is to use firefox and download rikaichan software. when it is enabled in your browser any japanese text you scroll over will automatically highlight and a translation will pop up for phrases/words/kanji on the side. with a basic understanding of grammar/particle/sentence structure and the rikaichan tool for reading/translation purposes, you can pretty much solve any news article/website without too much trouble.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.03, 03:05 AM   #77
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

Thank you, didn't know about that. I keep trying Firefox out, and never warm up to it, but I suppose it is inevitable I will switch for this and other reasons.
natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.03, 10:54 AM   #78
baboo

baboo is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post

Ringo also says that Izawa forced her to sing in a Kansai dialect, which Ringo was hesitant to do because she has never lived in Kansai. Apparently, Gaman's lyrics are very light hearted and 'fun'.
No wonder she smacked him with the bouquet
Old 2009.12.03, 06:59 PM   #79
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

I had fun annoying my sensei by speaking Kansai-ben in class. It sounds so much more playful with the differently stressed syllables.

Overall I like the single. I like the A-side more than the B-side and feel it bodes well for the next album. It's a much better kick off than OSCA was.
Old 2009.12.04, 12:41 AM   #80
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I can't wait to see Gaman live...I hope Ringo's voice comes through at Countdown Japan ;_;
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote