Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.12.31, 09:56 AM   #161
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Let's try to keep on topic. I think the whole thing was just a misunderstanding. I don't think Freckles truly meant to come across as annoyed or patronising, regardless of what anybody else took away from her post. She was just trying to inform somebody to read the thread before posting. I don't think anybody is wrong for thinking Freckles might have been annoyed, but Freckles isn't at fault either if she didn't really intend it to look that way. Thus a total misunderstanding. It's alright to say "Actually, the post was helpful" now, but when Freckles made her post it had been sitting for a week without a single "thank you", despite numerous other posts afterward so it would be easy to think "I guess nobody appreciated it because it's not new to the thread".

Either way, let's move on. It's ridiculous to use that one post as evidence of the forum being unwelcoming or appreciative only of hardcore fans. We have a welcome thread which always offers a warm welcome to anybody that makes the effort, and there are a lot of big, big members of the community who no longer offer much in terms of Shiina based contributions. Myself included. Nobody thinks any less of you if you can't post the latest piece of news, or a brand new image/scan. As long as you're a fan (not necessarily of her new stuff) you can contribute to the various discussions and offer your opinion and personality.
Old 2008.12.31, 07:57 PM   #162
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

A more empathic tone would have been more appropriate. I am a mod at another forum, and if a similar situation occurred, I would have posted something along the lines of "I realize that this is an exceptionally long thread, and reading through all the pages would have been quite a chore, but similar pictures have already previously posted, and we discourage duplication."

Actually I wouldn't have written that at all. I would have said "Welcome to the forum. We have a new members thread, and encourage people to post there first. Please introduce yourself there, and then we can properly welcome you."

If I had made a similar innocent, enthusiastic gaffe when I first came here, and the response was an excoriating blast of cyber-vitriol, I would have cowered away with my tail between my legs, never to return.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.31, 08:21 PM   #163
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Guys, it's over, we've heard both sides of the story. Trust me when I say that I don't believe Freckles was trying to be mean with her comments. We've talked it through, its a misunderstanding.

50 Pages of material is too GD much for a thread about a sub par release of rehashed material...

O, Happy New Years guys, happened like 20 mins ago in NY where I'm staying for the week.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.31, 11:36 PM   #164
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=503
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.01, 12:04 AM   #165
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

It's the New Year! so any nonsense, trouble, strife or misunderstanding that occurred in 2008 stays in 2008! lets start positive.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.01.01 at 12:07 AM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.02, 03:53 AM   #166
MortAd

MortAd pleased at least somebody

I was hoping to come here and post something when my MoRA box sets arrived... But unfortunately that´s not the case... They never arrived...

I made contact with YesAsia and they told me that my order was probably lost... I was hopeless since both boxes where already out of stock... But two days ago YesAsia send just one of the orders in replacement... The one with the DVD-Box (along with two Hikki singles)... I doubt they´ll find a CD-Box, so that means that not only my christmas present is arriving so much out of date... But also it means that it would be incomplete...

First I couldn´t buy the LPs... Now I just get one MoRA... I´m so upset...

MyLastFM
MortAd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.02, 03:57 AM   #167
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

There's a whole ton of MoRA Boxes on Yahoo Japan auctions if you are able to buy from there? you can use a deputy service like Shopping Mall Japan and buy through them, all you need is Paypal, though the prices are inflated.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.01.02 at 04:03 AM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.02, 04:28 AM   #168
MortAd

MortAd pleased at least somebody

Thanks for the advice! I see that I still have the chance to get it, and I think I can pay those prices ... When I get the confirmation from YesAsia that they can´t send me the CD-Box, I will try to purchase from Yahoo Japan... That is, if I manage to do it, because I don´t even know how paypal works... (yeah, kill me)

MyLastFM
MortAd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.02, 06:18 PM   #169
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Yeah I'll pull this thread back from the dead with some rambling personal notes about MoRA.

So I didn't buy either MoRA box on release, because it seemed like too much money for too little value, considering I own SR's entire catalog.

Last Saturday I'm in Japantown San Francisco, and there was the MoRA CD box. Just sitting there. I picked it up; nice and heavy. I put it down. Told my friend the dilemma. We walked around a bit, then back to Kinokuniya where I bought the damn thing for $104 total.

Opened it up. Don't have any idea what SR's voice is saying. Booklet is nice, stickers, cards, yeah yeah all really nice. Music, again, nothing new. My only rationale for paying $104 at that point was, I am a completionist, and for certain things, money is no object, SR being one of them.

Then on the 365 mile drive back to L.A. on Sunday, I pass the time by tossing the MoRA CDs into the CD player. Now I've heard probably every SR song from every album on those car speakers multiple times.

This sounded different.

Not totally different, but different. Like Glat said above, the instruments seemed to "breathe" better, and SR's voice modulated better. Megaphone songs didn't make me wince. Sonic noise in the background seemed to dissipate. Most amazingly, the finale to Souretsu on KZK *did not require me to turn down the volume.*

I have to say that MoRA versions are worth the price if you're willing to pay it and the only thing preventing you from buying is the idea that there's "nothing new" in the set.

These versions will replace all other versions I have stored on PC, Gigabeat, etc.

Now of course the March DVD release will set me back another, what, $70-$80 (if the yen keeps appreciating). And I'll eat it up like a homeless man with a six pack of pudding cups.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.02, 07:12 PM   #170
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by NIMH Rat View Post
Most amazingly, the finale to Souretsu on KZK *did not require me to turn down the volume.*
Whaat?! Boo!
That's not amazing, that sucks! I liked the fact she, in a sense, "punks" us by turning up the volume at the end of Souretsu. Getting rid of that, while not as heinous as getting rid of the gasp at the end of So Cold, sucks some of the mood out! =(