Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2014.03.21, 07:15 AM   #51
zordon

zordon is headed in the right direction

Hah I'm aware of it but at this moment I experience that dead-set on doing something feeling
Honestly, since I got a job and I started earning money there's so much stuff I want to get, and at the same time there's so much out-of-print items that I missed due to not having salary then that it's excruciating
zordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.21, 05:59 PM   #52
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by zordon View Post
On Tower Records website I've found out that the limited edition has slightly different catalog number than normal version
Woah, let me stop you right there.

A true limited edition really would have its own catalog number, so you might suppose Tower Records is providing evidence to suggest there is such an edition, but you don't know Tower Records.

There is no 'limited' edition. There is only first-press and second-press, where early buyers paid the same price for first-press as anyone could pay for second-press today. In the real world, those always have the same catalog number. When Tower Records recognizes a first-press, they come up with their own catalog number for it, but this number is unique to Tower Records, not because they have an exclusive product, but because it's just their workaround for the fact that their inventory system can't use the exact same catalog number to keep track of how many first-press versus second-press copies they have. So in their system, Tower Records adds an X or something to the original catalog number, and they use that to give first-press its own separate product page.

Real limited editions have different digits, or a different prefix. They don't just match the regular edition's catalog number but have an X on the end. Victor, EMI, and most other record labels don't do that. The catalog number you found is nothing but a virtual construct among Tower Records' product listings, and is not representative of what you would find printed on any of the physical products from Tower Records or from any other vendor.
Old 2014.03.22, 12:49 AM   #53
zordon

zordon is headed in the right direction

now, that's something I had no idea of, thanks for explanation!
zordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.06.20, 07:50 PM   #54
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

Anyone have much luck de-creasing this poster or others like it with so many folds?

I was surprised when I got my CDJapan order today and it came in the slipcase with the poster tightly packed inside. Maybe all pressings have the poster currently?
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.06.20, 08:02 PM   #55
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

To be honest, when I saw the folded poster in the slipcase, I thought "fuck it" and didn't even take it out of the packaging :-p

I just know that thing is gonna be a bitch to fold back up...
Old 2014.06.20, 08:15 PM   #56
mrnarse

Tell me about it. I unfolded it for a second and folded it back to the way it was, and its still about 2-3 times thicker than it was when it was compressed inside the slipcover.
Old 2014.06.21, 04:20 AM   #57
anonlurker

Can't you just put a tea towel over it and iron on a low heat?
Old 2014.06.21, 05:39 PM   #58
mrnarse

Yea, that's what I'm probably gonna end up doing.

Now to find some good cheap B2-sized poster frames.