Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.04.20, 01:47 PM   #81
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

I have nothing against Papaya Mango. Not a favorite, but I never feel the urge to skip it when listening to HF. I like just about everything on HF.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.23, 01:59 AM   #82
Simon

Simon has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I luuuuv Heisei Fuuzoku. First SR album I bought and no regrets there. Yume no Ato and Ishiki are especially nice.

I've never understood the complaints to be honest. <3

I played it at a friend's house and she was like "Wow, this is pretty nice."
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.23, 02:23 AM   #83
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

It was also the first SR album I listened to and my first SR purchase. I like it a lot, not to mention it is the reason why I'm posting here today. But by the time it was released, most old fans had already listened to these sons a lot of times, mainly through Baishou Xstasy. I, too, wouldn't like to have another album has HF, because it's really enough.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.24, 07:52 AM   #84
makenshiww

makenshiww pleased at least somebody

i watched, ringo expo again. and i just have to post here.... how epic Gamble is ... damnit. that song is great.
makenshiww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.12, 10:17 PM   #85
babi3

babi3 pleased at least somebody

hi everyone, i'm a newbie here, i heard this version of gamble,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkd2k...eature=related
which is not the same as the rest found on youtube, do u guys know if there is a full version?
thanks a lot, really addicted to it.
babi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.12, 10:57 PM   #86
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

there is no official version of gamble as used during that sequence that has been released. HF was to serve as music that was encorporated in the movie, but if you notice there is a lot of scoring and quite some changes to some music, such as the new version of Gamble, which are only included in the movie. Ringo said she wanted the music and movie to go together and only together, so there was not going to be an official movie soundtrack (containing alternate versions and the classical scoring for songs such as Yume no Ato and STEM). HF is as close as we have to the soundtrack. If you like that version of gamble, however, you should check out the original source, which was a song included on Zecchoshu. You can find a live version of Gamble, which is pretty much the same arrangement as in the movie, officially recorded and released as the second track on the first disc of Zecchoshyu (along with the original version of Yattsuke Shigoto and and exclusive not available else-where song, So Cold).
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.12, 11:10 PM   #87
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

It's the entire first disc of ZCS that is missing from the compilations and whatnot. No more, no less.

In the later releases you still get access to everything from the second and third discs of ZCS, and this includes So Cold. It's even on the MoRA DVD set, but don't ask me what the screensaver-esque patterns for it are themed like, because I just rip the 96kHz/24bit out of the DVDs and listen to that on its own.
Old 2009.09.13, 12:10 AM   #88
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
It's the entire first disc of ZCS that is missing from the compilations and whatnot. No more, no less.

In the later releases you still get access to everything from the second and third discs of ZCS, and this includes So Cold. It's even on the MoRA DVD set, but don't ask me what the screensaver-esque patterns for it are themed like, because I just rip the 96kHz/24bit out of the DVDs and listen to that on its own.
yeah, I confused So Cold with Onaji Yoru because both songs are a pile of random gibberish computer letters on official discography (which I use for tags) so I always mix them up.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.01, 07:43 AM   #89
shiinafile

shiinafile is headed in the right direction

tossing my 2 yen's worth. This album is rather dullsville. Making what was originally art into muzak.
shiinafile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.25, 10:15 PM   #90
AmeGamble

AmeGamble pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by madpawn View Post
I've discovered that, for Björk fans, Hatsukoi Shoujo is the song to hook them in. Apart from that, the song has really grown on me, to the extent that it's one of my favourite songs released in 2007—I've even put it on my fabled "Best of 2007" mix over Gamble and Kono Yo No Kagiri, both of which were on it before.

It's... electro 20s mermaid musical. The descending violins are so beautiful, and the layered vocoder'd voices transcend the technology to become something ecstatic, like a digital nymph choir. It's just really quite something. On repeat, even. I very much hope she makes an album with many more electronic elements—she's proven she can take materials that might be trite in other hands and craft something very worthwhile from them.
As a Bjork fan, I definitely agree with that.

I think one thing that people seem to be forgetting when they make a couple of their critiques about songs being "old" or "not that different" is above all this cd is a SOUNDTRACK for a MOVIE. With that being said, after seeing the movie and listening to HF, I think they fit perfectly well together.

Again...it's a SOUNDTRACK.

edit: And..... after posting, I realized Kuro_neko practically said the same thing earlier. lol. I really need to read ALL posts ;
AmeGamble is offline   Reply With Quote