Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.09.22, 10:44 AM   #111
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Finally arrived, the mood is perfect, curtains drawn, perfect cup of espresso in hand. (Xbox repair box finally arrived too, now I just have to wait for it to break again.)

Edit - Live impressions

She could've went at Shoujo with a bit more energy and spunk.

God I love Remote Controller.

Ditto for akane sasu kiro terasaredo.

This is how Identity is suppose to sound live. Has she ever performed this song live b4? I think this ver. just erased the memories of previous vers. from my brain.

Byoshou Public is so much better live, I normally skip the song on my player but I might just replace that with this ver. (Can't wait to skip Benkai Debussy, or maybe I'll give that song a 30 sec listen just to see if she does anything good with it.)

Unconditional Love was probably my favorite song in that early-mid Shiina phase (when you get over the awesomeness of Tsumi and Honnou and reach deeper into the catelogue). She really takes off here, those slight pauses, those gestures, the cooing and breathy vocals. Might just replace the original with this one.

Nothing wrong with Kabukicho, but I'll keep my Ringohan performance, I'm just used to having Kareha leading into the song now.

I actually like Benkai Debussy, the heavier sound suits the song well.

Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow...you can probably guess which song I'm refering to. Wow.

I couldn't stop smiling during My Luxury Night. Finally a definitive ver. of the song.

New ver. of Sid to replace my Ringohan ver. I love how happy she sounds during the Ringohan concert, but that performace is incomplete.

Never thought she could do Stoicism live like that.

nihon ni umarete was amazing, you guys were right, I never thought Shiina could play the piano like that. She didn't do no HZM antics up there, but it was a beautiful performance.

Verdict - I don't really know how to feel right now...best concert DVD? I think I have to put this above EM, just because she took alot of songs that I didn't love and made them great. I like this better than DO, this is a more consistent performance.

I probably took like 3-4 tracks from the Ringohan dvd, but I'm probably gonna take most of the tracks here.

I feel sorry for all those people in the audience, having to wait so many years to hear My Luxury Night again.

It has been awhile since Shiina made me tear up. It finally happened during my second viewing of My Luxury Night. If your reading this Shiina, please please stop torturing us with Tokyo Jihen and ditch 2/5ths of that band. You only need Kameda and Hata.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.22, 04:00 PM   #112
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

^chobbies: I live in Vancouver, which is nearer the Pacific, and you got your dvd first! Hmpf. (did u use CDJ or YesAsia?)

(but really, it's cuz I ordered this thing late... on 13 Sept.)

Can't wait for my DVD to arrive and blast it in my dorm. It's probably worth it even if I'll get a noise warning. I got EGO-WRAPPIN' coming in the shipment too.

I don't know how those Phase 2 lovers can carry on loving their Ukigumos after watching Zazen. Or how Variety pushers can even continue to listen to that trainwreck after Zazen. SR is really better off solo.
Old 2008.09.22, 04:16 PM   #113
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

I used yesasia, but the yesasia warehouse in canada is in mississauga, so that probably explains why I got it first, Vancouver is all the way on the otherside i think. Don't worry though, it'll probably arrive tomorrow.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.22, 05:08 PM   #114
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Sorry if this has been brought up before... but does anyone know where this footage is from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMq5oWBUSgQ

(lol @ the rehearsals)

uploaded by me x]

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.22, 05:09 PM   #115
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
no big secret, just go to the main menu and pick it! (last on the list) if I remember correctly.

ROOOOOFL LMAO!! I DIDNT FIND IT!!

xD i just noticed th bonus clip when i was going to rip the concert x0

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.22, 05:13 PM   #116
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Huh well I don't really see how you can not find it? But anyway as I was clicking that icon I was wondering if there's a real secret, kind of like the Ichijiku no hana secret pv on one of the old dvds... but I guess, as some people have already ripped this, there is nothing more to be found. Or is there
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.22, 05:16 PM   #117
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Jonny
there is nothing more to be found. Or is there

For sure Jonny, no more content on this disc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZAZEN.jpg (53.7 KB, 161 views)
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.22, 05:22 PM   #118
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

OR IS THERE?!
Old 2008.09.22, 05:25 PM   #119
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
OR IS THERE?!
alright then, I'm lying!! if you put the disc in one of the 1st generation PS1's you get a few more songs.. satisfied now ???

...........................[Zazen 4 Tha Win]
....................................|/
Name:  Shiina.gif
Views: 128
Size:  52.6 KB

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2008.09.22 at 08:50 PM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.24, 10:00 PM   #120
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

I did a double take on the encore visuals.

"maybe its just how the bamboo is arranged...no...WHAT! its Ringo from Gekokujyo Ecstasy crucified!"

Was she really planning her death and rebirth that early in her career?

whats her former keyboardist doing these days? He's one of the key elements to getting the classic Ringo sound. my appreciation for the guy increased after watching.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote