Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.04.09, 04:00 AM   #1
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame
Default [Sayuri Ishikawa] 2014.4.23 - X -Cross II- (CD) [Album]

Sayuri Ishikawa's new album with three Ringo songs (bold).

1. 暗夜の心中立て
2. 永久にFOREVER
3. 雨のブルース
4. Ra.n.se
5. 空を見上げる時
6. 千年逃亡
7. こころの色
8. 名うての泥棒猫
9. 最果てが見たい

Amazon Japan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81yNbR+zV9L__AA1434_.jpg (62.2 KB, 126 views)

Last edited by Inseu : 2014.04.09 at 04:04 AM.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.09, 04:29 AM   #2
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Ouch. I (and I'm sure many others) feel the burn after buying that single lol.

Still. Cool cover, if rest of songs are good - I see Marty Friedman aka Super Metal Weeaboo (or it gets a vinyl press like the first Sayuri X-Cross did) I may buy, else, iTunes last song. Last song has no Neko Saito either... interesting.

Gah. What am I saying! STAY ANGRY, refuse to buy!

OK, listened to iTunes preview of the third song. Accordion and piano song, sounds great and nothing like the other two. I'm getting (no nonsense/non exaggerated) immediate Ichijuku no Hana vibes. Hope Ringo covers this one herself!

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.04.09 at 05:33 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.09, 08:14 AM   #3
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

She pulled the same thing with that S&PS CD last year as well as the Towa Tei CD. Have to be careful with these double A-side singles now.

As for the Sayuri Ishikawa releases, unless you buy both, you either miss the PV+instrumentals or the third song. I'll just download them and wait for Ringo's second self-cover album.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.09, 12:20 PM   #4
anonlurker

Looks like Amano did the cover so that's pretty cool. Artwork like that seriously needs an LP release. It would be collectable in it's own right, especially if they could get a limited autographed run.

Preview on the new track does sound good but I wouldn't get too hyped as it may be a case of awesome intro/mundane song. I'll wait for the full thing.

Last edited by anonlurker : 2014.04.09 at 12:28 PM.
Old 2014.04.09, 06:33 PM   #5
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Inseu View Post
She pulled the same thing with that S&PS CD last year as well as the Towa Tei CD. Have to be careful with these double A-side singles now.

As for the Sayuri Ishikawa releases, unless you buy both, you either miss the PV+instrumentals or the third song. I'll just download them and wait for Ringo's second self-cover album.
Well, the SAPS single had 2 Bsides and that poster. The album had the Death Jazz ver. of Assassins Assassin and the PV- not to mention the whole album was good.

Towa Tei's single never had a physical release, so whatever.

Ukina was sorta kinda a bitch in that regard. Had a lot of the main songs from 2013, but also missed a bunch, like the 2 other songs on the Tomita Lab album.

This one however, is a bit of an asshole release. I don't wanna go buying full albums by Sayuri Ishikawa (the other songs all sound kinda dull) when I coulda just bought a single with the songs of interest on it. I mean, sure I have the instrumentals of these two songs, but how often am I gonna crank those out? I also have the PVs- but as I mentioned before, the DVD they come on is a sub-par, slapped together mess.
Old 2014.04.09, 06:51 PM   #6
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

A similar marketing douche move was pulled with the PUFFY releases, but they were a little bit worse than this, because the bonus DVD which came with the single had absolutely nothing to do with Shiina Ringo or any of the tracks on the single.
Old 2014.04.22, 07:41 PM   #7
deadgrandma

So this is out now, which means 最果てが見たい is out now in full.

I've listened (and the astute will know where to look for it) and I think it's most likely going to be the best of the 3 for me in time. It's not as bombastic or energetic, but the instrumentation is pretty neat and like Carnation or Ichijuku no Hana, more deep than meets the eye/ear at first, and why it keeps bringing you back to it.

Does it justify paying 2500 yen for the CD when I own the single? Probably not. Gotta hear the rest of the album first, but I have my doubts.
Old 2014.04.22, 08:01 PM   #8
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

it really seems like Ringo gave Sayuri her best material and Sayuri sings them so perfectly I'm not sure if Ringo self-covers (if they'll happen) will be better than the originals like they usually are
matan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.25, 12:22 PM   #9
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by matan-san View Post
it really seems like Ringo gave Sayuri her best material and Sayuri sings them so perfectly I'm not sure if Ringo self-covers (if they'll happen) will be better than the originals like they usually are
Well, this is kinda what happens when you actually work with somebody with singing talent for once instead of some actresses and boy bands. *shrugs*