Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2007.04.11, 02:35 AM   #31
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer

Monster
The one my username come from

Mushishi
Beautiful scenery and tragedy after tragedy plot

Honey and Clover
Many Spitz and Suga Shikao inserted songs
EmilScherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.11, 05:04 AM   #32
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

about Sailor moon: I have strong feelings about this anime/manga/j-drama
is not include in my favorites cause, you know, that old question... "who would you carry to a desert island?", you would never answer "my mother", even you liking a lot her. that's why isn't included (I hope you have understand it O.õ)

about Sailor mars: yep, she is damn hot *¬*

to EmilScherbe: it's so interesting to know wich anime a japanese person likes, cause we only noticed mainstream animes while japaneses have more acess, and consequently more selective likes

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.11, 05:45 AM   #33
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by badtzmaru View Post
Oh my gosh, I can't believe you guys actually enjoyed PGSM. @_@ (I can't tell if you guys are joking again...) I'm a big Sailor Moon fan, and I even thought it was embarrassing (though that didn't stop me from watching the whole series. =_= I downloaded all the Ryuusei subs too, Zac. =_=;;;;) It seriously reminded me of The Power Rangers, except I think the acting was worse.
I'm dead serious about PGSM, it's one of my favorite J-Doramas (if it can be considered one...). I was never a big fan of the Sailor Moon anime, so PGSM is pretty much the only Sailor Moon I know.

BTW, I'm also pretty fond of Sailor Venus and Sailor Mercury (Moon cracks me up, and I like her, but not in the same way I like Mars, Venus, and Mercury). Maybe we should start a separate Sailor Moon thread in Off-Topic...
Old 2007.04.11, 05:50 AM   #34
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by badtzmaru View Post
Oh my gosh, I can't believe you guys actually enjoyed PGSM. @_@ (I can't tell if you guys are joking again...) I'm a big Sailor Moon fan, and I even thought it was embarrassing (though that didn't stop me from watching the whole series. =_= I downloaded all the Ryuusei subs too, Zac. =_=;;;;) It seriously reminded me of The Power Rangers, except I think the acting was worse.
I think that was the charm of it. I definately made the same note of "hey, the action scenes are like Power Rangers." I thought that was a cool thing. Sure, it wasn't LOTR or 300 in the action scenes, but thats ok. I think it was easier o relate to that way. Realy, if yer an adult, you know you're not watching for those scenes (most of the time.)

Im dead serious, I loved the show. In general, I'm a fan of shows aimed at kids. Maybe it's at my level, or whatever =P Id always rather watch a kids show that "knows what its about" than an adult one that tries to be too full of itself, you know what I mean?

EDIT: CatchFive, see, I like Mercury too (then Jupiter). However, I worry that one of the main reasons I like Mercury is cuz shes the one that wears the blue wig =P

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2007.04.11 at 05:53 AM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.11, 05:59 AM   #35
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Im dead serious, I loved the show. In general, I'm a fan of shows aimed at kids. Maybe it's at my level, or whatever =P Id always rather watch a kids show that "knows what its about" than an adult one that tries to be too full of itself, you know what I mean?
Like Sponge Bob, Invader Zim and Angry Beavers?

I love these three shows, especially Angry Beavers with german voices rules all

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.11, 10:44 AM   #36
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

(I guess this all technicly counts as anime)

I looved the Angry Beavers. They had so many off-beat "word" jokes, its amazing. However, Rocko's Modern Life was my favorite nickelodeon show of all time. Now that I'm "that" age, everything in that show is "soo true."

(Currently, the genius show Nickelodeon plays is Lazytown. Its not animated, but it might as well be if you look at it. its amazing and hilarious.)
Old 2007.04.11, 03:35 PM   #37
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

There is one thing I will alway remember from Rockos modern life.
The usual three buy one bag of potato chips. They share them equally and you can see how they deal with their contingent.
Rocko eats some, and keeps some fo later.
Filburt is planning exactly WHEN and WHY to eat a chip.
And Heffer just eats them all. Then he looks pathetical at Filburt who insists on NOT GIVING AWAY ONE OF HIS CHIPS. Rocko can't stand Heffers sadness And gives him the rest of his chips.

I'll never.. forget that

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.12, 09:01 AM   #38
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I also really enjoy The Angry Beavers and Rocko's Modern Life (and, yes...even Lazytown - especially the music), and I have an Angry Beavers t-shirt (will post a picture later in the member pictures thread, I'm at school now).
Old 2007.04.12, 10:48 AM   #39
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

god when i was in the ninth grade i used to wake up everyday at like 5 am or something to catch Sailor moon on the wb.

evangelion i enjoyed, but it was really straining at the end, trying to convince myself that everything made sense when it was mostly just philosophical backwash....

P.S. i think this is my first avatar here, i just cut it but plz tell me if i'm ripping off someone else's avatar
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.12, 01:44 PM   #40
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Rozen Maiden and Kaleido Star are definitely my favorite animes I've watched.

And I also love Spongebob to death, can't get enough of it.
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote