Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.09.27, 02:01 PM   #21
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Plus, here we're talking about his work with Tokyo Jihen and not his solo stuff, so this thread is not going anywhere.

Hirama!

but i want to talk about his solo stuff! it got all goofy and unslick. Gata virus was worth him breaking up with jihen if he kept putting out stuff like that. And I love his voice, more than any other japanese male by far.
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.27, 02:02 PM   #22
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
Ringo loved his music and style and Pantene ProV hair long before any of us.

Look at how much presence she gave Ukigumo on the new album. Its like an ex girlfriend who dressed conservatively when she was with you, but after you dumped her, she found a new guy and now flaunts her assets in a "Look what you missed out on, bub. now its all for this new guy" kind of way.

hahah but does she do it with this one?
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.27, 02:05 PM   #23
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Hey, an actual minority would take Uki over Hirama, so theres clearly something he was doing right (or by rational the other doing something wrong.)

And its not a good practice to almost randomly bring up other thread's stuff. DO is how Kyoiku should have sounded. End of "Kyoiku sounds like ass" discussion. For further research, ask Glath to delineate the many ways Kyoiku sounds below sub-par.
I just jokingly questioned whether people can actually dislike ADULT :p, not that people would choose Hirama over Uki; that's obvious that some would. And it's good to hear that you will stop bashing Kyouiku, your health will thank you for it
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.27, 02:14 PM   #24
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Does this mean that people still don't like Uki's guitar-playing, even after Variety? If so, daaaaag guys.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.27, 02:21 PM   #25
HEDOfloe

Yeah, I was wondering if people liked Uki in Variety because asides from not liking the songs, I did not hear anything about him specifically. Where I come from, they call people like him: BEASTS. But, that's just where I'm from.
Old 2007.09.27, 04:47 PM   #26
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by lazer85 View Post
but i want to talk about his solo stuff! it got all goofy and unslick. Gata virus was worth him breaking up with jihen if he kept putting out stuff like that. And I love his voice, more than any other japanese male by far.
Shall I direct you to this thread instead? It's about Hirama's newest album. Feel free to create a new thread about Hirama's solo works in general. I'm sure Maou and a few other guys would love to talk about that.

@ Tsuchiya: I pretty much watched all the MTsuchiya (can I call you something else to prevent confusion?) videos on youtube and I like a lot of them. Not love since the 80s is not really my thing but I certainly can identify some brilliance in the music. Would definitely love to hear his other works if you don't mind uploading.

That said, my opinion on Ukigumo and his (terrible) influence on the band remains unchanged. SR got into some bad company and that's not coo. (As much as I know it's futile) Hirama come back!

I hope some EMI reps are reading this board.
Old 2007.09.27, 05:36 PM   #27
HEDOfloe

I always wondered what it must have been like for Uki and Izawa to join a TJ knowing that they might be chained up the whole time. Everyone likes to joke around that uki slept with Ringo, but if this is true then he is really my hero ^__^. Bad@$$ guiitar player and he nailed one of his favorite musicians, that's the life . Pretty soon Fluffie isn't going to be the only one here with an Uki avatar
Old 2007.09.27, 06:00 PM   #28
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

^ Dude, never call Uki badass...

And what's so special about banging SR anyway? If you go by some of the shit people say, she's banged every single guitarist she's ever met with the exception of Mukai Shutoku. Feelings can be quite a breeze and he told me that those girls were easy.
Old 2007.09.27, 06:05 PM   #29
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Who the fuck would want to sleep with Ukigumo? Except for that unfortunate girl/person in Metro, I can't think of anyone else.
Old 2007.09.27, 06:26 PM   #30
Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya pleased at least somebody

Justriiingo, I'll start upping those albums tonight. They also happen to have the greatest bass playing you'll ever hear, Percy Jones. He lives in New York so I've hung out with him a few times after some shows (I think he appreciates my superfandom, which is rare for someone my age...generally he's known for fusion work in the '70s, not for his playing on those few Japanese albums), and actually gave him copies of those albums. He'd never even hear the live album he played on, Live and Zen. That thing is my bible not only for bass playing, but for style in general. I think listening to it will explain a lot about what I look for in music.

Anyway....
Tsuchiya is offline   Reply With Quote