Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.07.21, 04:13 PM   #31
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

...and how does that prove the point that her collected B-sides made during her inspired period are inferior to the TJ B-sides?
Old 2009.07.21, 04:55 PM   #32
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
As for Osiris' tier...can we put La Salle in the crap bin as well?
no, we can't.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.21, 05:03 PM   #33
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I was asking Osiris
Old 2009.07.21, 05:04 PM   #34
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Yeah, now that I think about it....

Le Salle de Bain was pretty bad. It's a completely unnecessary remake that was done much better in HF anyway. Yokushitsu is a great song on its own so why she felt the need to add an overblown orchestra and Engrish lyrics is something I'll probably never know.
Old 2009.07.21, 05:12 PM   #35
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

i particularly love that song. it was probably the second Ringo song i had ever heard. i first her the casshern ver. of stem, then la salle the bain, and then meisai clinched me. i think that's about right.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.21, 05:13 PM   #36
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
...and how does that prove the point that her collected B-sides made during her inspired period are inferior to the TJ B-sides?
um, go read what you wrote. I wasn't responding to which is better and why, I was responding to your claim about why certain songs became b-sides, as quoted in my original post. your claim that tj's b-sides are all songs that "didn't make the cut" is being contested, not your taste.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.21, 05:20 PM   #37
Tokyo Jihad

just because they were written in that flurry, doesn't mean they were compatible with the first two albums though...
Old 2009.07.21, 05:26 PM   #38
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

80% of what I'm talking about is your comment about Jihen's b-sides and why they look lackluster next to Ringo's. So we are effectively going back and forth off the main point. I don't feel like arguing about Ringo's bsides, if you think they won't fit on albums, they won't. I think that the production and general direction of the b-sides make them that way, some of the demo versions of the original album work sound almost nothing like the finished version on the album. But that's me.

good example, Aozora live at GX. that rock version could have fit on MM exactly as it is at GX. If it was revamped with some synth it would also make a nice addition to Aozora.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.21, 05:46 PM   #39
Tokyo Jihad

i know you don't want to keep going back and forth, but your newest point doesn't make sense. the b-sides would fit if they were re-arranged to fit...yyes, but that holds true for every song i existence pretty much..so duh?
Old 2009.07.21, 05:58 PM   #40
Lustau

Lustau is headed in the right direction
Default Favorite B-sides

I haven't thought about it enough, but I'll say these are my ten favorite B-sides, in order of awesomness. I am not counting remakes of album songs or songs that eventually made it onto an album, or ZCS songs.

1. Aisaika no Choshoku
2. Aozora
3. 17

4. Ichijiku no Hana
5. Rakujitsu
6. Kokoro
Suberidai
8. Sigma
9. Remote Controller
10. Memai

Thanks to Osiris for posting a nice complete list so I didn't have to write them all individually. But I would have imagined SR as red and TJ as blue, not the other way around.

It's hard to compare SR and TJ just because there are so many more SR B-sides. I don't think the SR ones are very consistent in quality, but there are definitely more good SR B-sides than good TJ ones. So I have to go with SR just based on the amount of enjoyment I've gotten out of them. If you were to regard ZCS as singles and throw them in the mix, it's not even close. With that said, I'm absolutely obsessed with Kokoro right now, and I like Kao. I don't particularly like SG, even though I liked the album and liked AT.

Interesting forum. I love the B-sides.
Lustau is offline   Reply With Quote