Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.03.15, 11:36 PM   #11
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Aozora-style song comes to mind. But who knows.
Old 2009.03.15, 11:57 PM   #12
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

this doesn't bode so well for the guys in jihen though, heh. I mean, this is her first REAL return to solo work. HF and KYNK were both billed as Ringo with Saito Neko, so this is her real return and her first solo single in about 5 years, as noted in the ringohan mail. I wonder if we will end up getting anohter album after all. whats the point of releasing a single like this if it a one-off? I mean she might as well just have done it with Jihen...
Old 2009.03.16, 12:40 AM   #13
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

... I hope this isn't just a commemorative single. I remain pessimistic about the return of the solo career.

But yay! New single!!!!! Strange that it's so cheap. Hopefully it's a gooood soooong!
Old 2009.03.16, 01:17 AM   #14
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

this isn't commemorative in any way, its a legit solo release for the heck of it. the news as presented to the members of ringohan marks the date as special because it is the anniversary of her debut, but it happens to be on a wednesday, which is when all the cds are released in japan anyways, so it was just extraordinarily good timing. they make it a point to say that this single is the first step in her solo career to take her into the new decade, sounding very hopefuly about the promise of future solo ringo works, so this bodes quite well I'd say. I wouldn't go so far as to say she is dropping Jihen, but I could forsee something where she writes solo music and contributes vocals to jihen while the boys handle most of the writing. best of both worlds for her, complete creative control while having the band environment.
Old 2009.03.16, 01:25 AM   #15
merman

merman is an asset to this community

MAYBE her "new solo work" would be something less band oriented because she can do just that with TJ (as in Hatsukoi Shoujo but I'm not implying it'd be strictly electronica), or maybe she wants to let them write more for the band?
In any case, this is pretty exciting!
Old 2009.03.16, 01:41 AM   #16
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Good news
I hope it's Yokyou (since that was a temporary title), or at least that the B-Side is Yokyou.
Let's see what this lady has in store for us.
Old 2009.03.16, 02:36 AM   #17
jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda is headed in the right direction

<sigh> .... another drama, I'm forced to watch because of personal connection... Last drama I watched that had a personal connection was last friends and that turned out epically and used the theme song excessively. It was called last friends. I'm hoping for the same here...

If one lays a trap, isn't it the victims fault for falling in?
Old 2009.03.16, 02:36 AM   #18
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Thanks for that neko.

Hmm... very interesting. I definitely want less band-orientated music. And definitely not orchestral/jazz/Saito Neko-orientated music, unless its electronically-infused ala Hatsukoi. I suppose I shouldn't be picky with the prospect of new solo work, though it'd be dissapointing if it wasn't so great considering how much we've all awaited a solo "comeback"...

Ah well... alls we can do is wait and see I suppose.
Old 2009.03.16, 03:15 AM   #19
miffunevii

miffunevii has had more than 15 seconds of fame

http://www.emimusic.jp/ringo10th/

椎名林檎、待望の新曲リリース&ドラマ主題歌に決定! ( 2009/03/16 UP)

昨年デビュー10周年を記念して行った公演「林檎博」が各方面から高い評価を得た椎名林檎。
今後の動向が注目される中、遂に新曲のリリースが決定した。
タイトルは「ありあまる富」  椎名林檎単独名義としては実に5年半ぶりとなるこのニューシングルはデビュー記念日5月27日にリリース発売される。

さらに、この新曲は4月17日よりスタートするTBS系金曜ドラマ「スマイル」(毎週金曜22:00~22:54※初回~23:09放送)の主題歌に決 定。既に話題となっている同ドラマは嵐の松本潤主演、ヒロイン役に新垣結衣、同局連ドラには12年ぶりとなる中井貴一が出演。ドラマ制作陣も大ヒット・ド ラマ「花より男子」シリーズのスタッフが集結。 物語は、一人の青年と彼を支えた少女と弁護士、三人の壮絶な生き様を通して人間の本当の強さとは、優しさ とは何かを問う究極のヒューマンラブストーリーとなる注目作。
そして、その主題歌として、ドラマ制作スタッフからの熱い要望を受け、書き下ろした新曲『ありあまる富』。
椎名林檎待望の新曲はソロ名義としては初の連ドラ・タイアップとなる。

椎名林檎の新展開に乞うご期待下さい。

椎名林檎 ニュー・シングル 『 ありあまる富 』
2009年5月27日発売 TOCT-40255/¥1,000 (税込)
★TBS系金曜ドラマ「スマイル」主題歌

Shiina Ringo, and the decision to release the long-awaited New Drama Theme Song! (2009/03/16 UP)
10 performances on his debut last year to commemorate the anniversary of "H. apples" Shiina Ringo gained a high reputation from all directions.
During the wave of the future will be, finally decided to release a new song.
The title is "be in excess wealth" as the sole name of Shiina Ringo's new single is really five and a half years this day will be released May 27th debut release.

In addition, this new song from April 17 to start Friday TBS drama series "Smile" (Fridays 23:09 ~ 22:00 ~ 22:54 ※ first broadcast) to determine the theme song. The drama is already talking about starring Matsumoto Jun of Arashi, Yui Aragaki to play the heroine, Dora C 12 appeared in the department and Nakai Kiichi years. The team produced the hit drama drama "Hana Yori Dango," the staff of the series together. Story, and his attorneys supported the girl and young man, and the strength of the real human life through three horrific, and his attention and kindness is the ultimate question of human love story?
And as the theme song of the drama production staff requests from a hot, new songs, be in excess書KI下ROSHITA the wealth.
Shiina Ringo is a long-awaited new song is the solo name of the first tie-up drama series.

Please stay tuned to sue New Shiina.

Shiina Ringo's new single・be superfluous wealth,
2009 May 27 release date TOCT-40255 / ¥ 1,000 (tax included)
Friday ★ TBS drama series "Smile" theme song
Old 2009.03.16, 03:28 AM   #20
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

As much as I'm looking forward to this single and everything, the whole drama thing feels yeck. I mean, the jdoramas are not worth a penny in my pocket, especially the ones with "famous actors from XXX boy band". Ringo's song can probably not help but being stained from a cheap dorama like this.
Now, if the song really rocks, maybe it will be remembered for its musical value more than a "dorama-opening" song.
Closed Thread