Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.05.04, 03:25 AM   #1
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Red face ...If I wanted to go to the next Ringo/TJ concert? (Advice Please)

I plan to do a lot of traveling next year, and I'm going to stop off at Japan again at some point. Ideally, I'd like my trip to coincide with Shiina Ringo/Tokyo Jihen's next concert. Realistic or not? How predictable are her concert announcements? Are they mentioned in the fan club thing?

I'm hoping she'll do one for Sanmon Gossip. I'm not sure what to do -- planning a holiday in another country based on an event that I'm not sure will happen yet. Should I not hold my breath?
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.04, 09:11 AM   #2
merman

merman is an asset to this community

I think it's pretty probable she will do some concerts - after all, they're billing it as her TRUE comeback... They should announce enough in advance, but I'd expect tickets to sell out really fast, so you'd need to be quick. Not sure how ticket pre-sales work for foreigners in Japan, though.
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.04, 10:07 AM   #3
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Thanks, merman. So I could possibly see her in RL one day.

The problem is getting hold of tickets when I don't know a lick of Japanese and don't own a credit card. It'd be very complicated.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.04, 10:14 AM   #4
merman

merman is an asset to this community

My friend told me about how he was ordering a ticket for The Back Horn concert back in 2006, and he mentioned that it's done by the phone and they were sold out in some 15 minutes... that's pretty extreme.
Your best bet would be to actually have somebody willing to do that for you in Japan... but I'm sure there's somebody on these forums who knows better.
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.04, 12:45 PM   #5
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

if ringo plays any dates, it probably won't be until late summer/early fall. The fan club, like always, is given presales and depending on the show you can win upwards of two tickets to multiple shows, it depends on a lottery. I won two tickets to every night of EXPO and then sold them. When they go on sale to the general public the easiest way to buy is probably through a ticket booth at a local convenience store (requiring you to be in Japan) or on by phone (also in Japan). Most payment methods are by bank transfer, although for the Ringohan fan club presale the orders were done by credit card for EXPO.

you best bet is to first wait until dates are annouced. if the dates are feasible find someone who is a ringohan member who might want to sell you a ticket. if that doesn't work, forgoe that step and just use yahooauctions to pick up a ticket.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.04, 06:45 PM   #6
pariscombo

pariscombo deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I plan to do a lot of traveling next year, and I'm going to stop off at Japan again at some point. Ideally, I'd like my trip to coincide with Shiina Ringo/Tokyo Jihen's next concert. Realistic or not? How predictable are her concert announcements? Are they mentioned in the fan club thing?

I'm hoping she'll do one for Sanmon Gossip. I'm not sure what to do -- planning a holiday in another country based on an event that I'm not sure will happen yet. Should I not hold my breath?
They announce the concert date usually 3 or 4 month before the concert. About getting ticket the best way, as a foreigner, is Yahoo! Auction Japan. You can get the ticket through Ringohan or normal sales, but you can know the seat number only when they send you the real ticket with seat number. In worst situation you can get a seat where you even can't judge that it's ringo or not. But using Yahoo! Auction Japan, you can purchase the seat, depending on how much you will bid on it, where you want to have.

I went to ringo concert several times and I used Yahoo! Auction Japan mostly because I wanted to get a seat as close to the stage as possible. It will cost you more money but at the same time it will give you a closer seat to stage.
Old 2009.05.04, 07:57 PM   #7
Migoto

Migoto is headed in the right direction

When I went to the TJ Domestic! Virgin Line concert I had to use both Ticket Pia AND Yahoo Auctions. First (a long time before the concert), I was lucky to get a ticket to the concert in Osaka via Ticket Pia's pre-reserve system. But due to schedule issues, I had to sell it and pay triple for a ticket in Tokyo, via Yahoo Auctions, then spend more money on the bus fare to get there. It was an expensive concert, but it was worth it.
So, if you're not picky for good seats, try Ticket Pia's pre-reserve system first, then Yahoo Auctions (then the dafuya in front of the venue - they'll surely be there).

But I'm afraid you'll need a credit card...
Migoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.04, 08:46 PM   #8
papilionidae

papilionidae deserves a fucking medal

by the way, how would you bet on the tour title? XXX Ecstasy? or a full english title?

i'll bet it's XXX Ecstasy, or at least other forms of kanji+katakana
Old 2009.05.04, 08:50 PM   #9
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Well, I'll certainly do whatever I can to get to XXX Ecstasy.
Old 2009.05.07, 06:19 AM   #10
Masuku

Masuku pleased at least somebody

I'm going to be in Japan during July and August, so i'm just hoping that Ringo has her tour going on when I'm there, so i was glad to notice this thread here.

How much the tickets in general cost for a ringo concert?
Masuku is offline   Reply With Quote