Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2012.12.28, 01:02 PM   #51
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

I don't think they would like to make any money out of Yoake no uta..

This BOX is directed to the ones who don't own ANY Jihen CD... because it does have all their songs (am I forgetting any besides yoakenouta?)

bit off topic but I just noticed rakujitsu from shinyawaku doesn't include Ukizawa introduction XD

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2013.01.01, 12:04 AM   #52
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Since the recovery disc isn't very good, I decide to make my own Ringo mixtape:

01 Maboroshi - あまいやまい feat 椎名林檎
02 SMAP - 真夏の脱獄者 (Manatsu no Datsugokusha)
03 Tokio - 渦中の男 (Kachuu no Otoko)
04 Tomosaka Rie - Shoujo Robot
05 Tomosaka Rie - 都会のマナー (Tokai no Manaa)
06 Tomosaka Rie - タリンス (Tarinsu)
07 Tomosaka Rie - 子供の情景 (Kodomo no Joukei)
08 S&PS - My Foolish Heart ~crazy on earth~
09 Tokio - 雨傘 (Amagasa)
10 Zazen Boys - Crazy Days Crazy Feeling
11 Shiina Ringo - Honnou (cut version from demo tape) (bonus track :p)

I think I just created another Superficial Gossip...
Old 2013.01.03, 05:55 AM   #53
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
The worst thing is that is still has NO GODDAMN YOAKE NO UTA. I mean WTF. That was the make or break for me really. I just want it in good quality, is it too much to ask?
I don't think it's gonna happen. They made that after the earthquake to express their feelings to the people of Japan, it really feels like it was a one-off thing and will never appear on an album as an actual song. Much like that fabled Gong song that Jihen had around the Adult era that never amounted to anything.
Old 2013.01.04, 07:17 AM   #54
Kuroneko

Kuroneko probably pissed somebody off

EMI is really milking the proverbial cash cow with this, aren't they? It puts a whole new meaning to the lyrics "I'm gonna suck and drink your life right from you". Let this band rest in peace already. I'm definitely not buying this because "I've got no time for changeless things and useless things".
Old 2013.01.05, 01:49 AM   #55
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

they allllllways do. This same sort of thing happened with HF, heralded as "Ringo's return to solo work!"... until the ACTUAL return to solo work happened a few years later, of course. And you can bet it's not stopping here now that it's her 15th anniversary. You just have to know what to buy and it looks like fortunately everyone here is too smart to fall for this blatant grab for money.
Old 2013.01.06, 11:05 AM   #56
teattum

teattum has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Well, since KZK is critically deemed as her masterpiece, I wonder what kind of use could be done by EMI since this year will be the 10th year of this release.

Anyway, maybe she has decided to take some holidays (Maybe she's hasbouring the idea of expanding her family), and these mercantile merchandising are the offset of it. So, What I also wonder is; in what extent can she tell what she think about this.
Old 2013.01.06, 11:58 AM   #57
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

2013 will be her son's debut. Her writing music for other musicians is just warm-up for her Sonata career. A Domestic Virgin Line bunny girl will play bass for most of the album.
Old 2013.01.10, 01:08 AM   #58
frecklegirl
apple-princess

I don't think Ringo would have another child unless she was married (she's said before she wants to be married again, and while the first kid was an accident, she is now 10 years older and I think past the time of shotgun weddings) and they would announce it if she was, so, no baby either.

KSK critically acclaimed as her masterpiece... I'm sure it seems that way to us but I'm not sure that's the perception in Japan. When I mention Ringo to people they recall her old hits like Honnou, they don't think of KSK. Critically acclaimed doesn't mean popular enough to capitalize on. I could be wrong.
Old 2013.01.10, 08:14 AM   #59
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Yeah, but critically acclaimed doesn't mean most poPular. Lots of artists have critically acclaimed masterpieces but ar more popular for other works. What did Japanese critics think?
Old 2013.01.15, 01:32 AM   #60
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Anyone watched the Jihen special "live" on nico nico yesterday? I forgot about it.
Closed Thread