Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2012.06.14, 05:05 PM   #11
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

the bluray version arrived today. The image quality has that 120hz look where everything looks too realistic. Different from the Discovery bluray which still looked video-y.

hard to describe it. its like how the local news uses a certain camera type and hollywood movies use another type of camera. Bon Voyage looks like it was shot using the local news type of camera.

the orchestra makes everything sound like Live and Let Die. haha
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.06.14, 05:27 PM   #12
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
Bon Voyage looks like it was shot using the local news type of camera.
I sensed the hyper-realism, but I formed a somewhat different theory about it.

It doesn't remind me of news / soap operas / etc., as much as it reminds me of what stage footage streamed to movie theaters normally flows like.
Old 2012.06.14, 06:28 PM   #13
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

ahaha, I know what you're getting at. Though I've never been to a theater here in the states where anything was being streamed live so I have nothing else from personal experience to reference to.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.06.14, 10:31 PM   #14
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
I've never been to a theater here in the states where anything was being streamed live
I've never attended a live streaming, but I've seen excerpts of other stage performances among the various promotions that movie theaters will show before they dim the lights for some regular movie I'm there to see. Such video flows so differently from other non-animation I've noticed within a movie theater, and Bon Voyage fits the profile.

Probably the same kind of cameras/lenses/whatever used for news, but I haven't watched the news in Blu-Ray or cinema quality.
Old 2012.06.16, 08:49 AM   #15
thefro

thefro raises the standards of what a community can offer

Wow, Where's Heaven sounds great with the Orchestra. Saito Neko does a great job channeling John Barry.
thefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.06.18, 12:06 AM   #16
baruga

baruga has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I loved this performance to bits except for Kai Horror Dust getting ruined by the dancers fake-playing strat guitars... That was just... Too much, too ridiculous.
baruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.06.18, 03:50 AM   #17
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

You can ruin Kai Horror-Dust?
Old 2012.06.18, 05:09 AM   #18
baruga

baruga has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Apparently. I didn't think it was possible. The performance itself is flawless though so I'll just have to enjoy my mp3 rips of that one, even though Izawa in drag is quite awesome.
baruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.06.20, 09:24 PM   #19
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Some pictures I took of the Blu Ray, they arent great quality/some are a bit blurry cause I just rushed them:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wea6eyn8yrn958y
Old 2012.06.21, 08:33 PM   #20
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Are we allowed to talk about this? Quick comments: I thought most of this concert was great. Loved the inclusion of Izawa's and Hata's songs, even though I was never too crazy about Izawa's on the album. Enjoyed the orchestra for some of the songs, thought it was too much for others... especially when it drowned out the band. Not a big fan of Saito Neko's part in Season Sayonara, but liked that he was there for it. Enjoyed the dudes' song without Ringo, but it also reminded me that they're not the best stage performers ever. Still thought that song from Dai-Hakken was boring live (the last one before the encores). It was boring in the Discovery tour, and it doesn't seem like it changed at all for this. Liked the songs she wrote for whatshername, but not sure why one of them ended up being performed at nearly the end of the concert. Toumei Ningen was bad as the last song, but fun regardless. Kameda's OSCA solo should have been shorter... he didn't need to repeat the head rub part because everyone's already seen it and had already laughed or cringed the first time around. Not sure what that video game thing was. The concert needed less dancers. I wanted to see another song from Variety performed/improved during this tour, even if OSCA or Killer Tune had to be sacrificed for it. It's a simple detail, but I liked it when Izawa stood up while playing the piano/keyboard. Woulda preferred Just Can't Help It's rendition of Marunouchi. Liked Uki's accompanying vocals in that song from Kyouiku. First three songs were perfect. Really enjoyed Tengoku... thought this was the only time it was performed right (either version). Wanted them to play Put Your Camera Down at least once. Woulda preferred less costume changes... and perhaps something a little more classy for Ringo's last outfit. But whatevs. Overall a very good concert. I'd rate them: Dynamite Out > Ultra C = Bon Voyage > JCHI = Discovery = S&T
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote