Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.10.19, 03:02 AM   #91
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I had that NS = AT theory too. When I was trawling 2ch and read the rumours about new single etc. people were talking about a CM mint tie in, and theorising that TJ are contributing to the OST of the new Ultraman movie (Dec 12). 2ch info should be taken with a barrel of salt but just sayin'. If any of that is true then it's even more likely that the single is Ariamaru Tomi...ish

Ultraman would also explain the nature of the title and promotional image...
Old 2009.10.19, 04:25 AM   #92
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
I get the feeling this will be an isolated release having little or no relation to the next album. This might be another Ariamaru Tomi - with neither of the 2 tracks being featured within the next album.

If the A-side is featured within the album, it won't be the same version as the single.
I think you're totally right there. I get exactly the same feeling. Although that, I think the artwork for the single will be related to the one for the album, like Ariamaru/SG and the nude pics.

Last edited by Orenji : 2009.10.19 at 04:29 AM.
Old 2009.10.19, 02:06 PM   #93
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

Name:  e3415603376315c621616fa39bda9c47.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  86.8 KB

bigger?

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2009.10.19, 11:15 PM   #94
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

on the 2ch thread for jihen they are talking about album concepts and someone put up a tracklist for what I could only assume would be a best hits album. since kronekodow has already titled this the "fourth album by tokyo jihen" the idea of a best of album is kind of crap but heres the track list anyways:

gunjou biyori
sounan
shuraba
tokai no manner (self cover)
tsumi to batsu
mirror ball
koudouteki 3 punkan (new song)
OSCA
Kabukicho no Joou
Omatsu Sawagi
KUKI (STEM)
Senkou Shoujo
Amagasa (self cover)

also, taken from the English kronekodow site, the new single's english title is "3min"

Tokyo Incidents On the Move with New Single, New Album, New Tour
Tokyo Incidents is on the move once again. The train leaves the station with a new single on December 2, quickly gets up to speed with a new album, and then rides that momentum across the country for a nationwide tour. More details are forthcoming, so keep your eyes peeled.
The New Single by Tokyo Incidents
“3min”
Buy it starting Wednesday, December 2, 2009
TOCT-40280 1000 yen (w/tax)
New Tokyo Incidents Album in the Works
The band’s fourth album is on the way. Look forward, not back.
Tokyo Incidents Hits the Road this Spring
Dates, venues and other details will be announced at noon on Friday, October 23.
The first press edition of “3min,” the new single, will come with instructions for entering a pre-sale drawing for tickets.
*This offer will only be included in CDs sold from December 2 to December 8, 2009.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.10.19 at 11:31 PM.
Old 2009.10.20, 12:38 AM   #95
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I think they're taking the mick/joking. I don't believe Ringo/TJ would ever stoop that low. The tracklist would never look like that anyhow. I mean, Tsumi to Batsu?

I think it's safe to assume that it's a joke.
Old 2009.10.20, 01:17 AM   #96
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I think they're taking the mick/joking. I don't believe Ringo/TJ would ever stoop that low. The tracklist would never look like that anyhow. I mean, Tsumi to Batsu?

I think it's safe to assume that it's a joke.
its just silly speculation, we know from kronekodow we are getting the "forth album" from Jihen, meaning an album of original material. Tsumi to Batsu and KUKI (STEM) were Phase 1 all stars during Electric Mole so I can't complain if they made studio versions of them for a best-of cd. I think the general joke is referring to HF, we all thought it was going to be what SG turned out to be, but it was mostly rearranged tracks from earlier efforts. I'd be interested in hearing Jihen's attempt at the above listed tracks, particularly a Ringo-fronted Tokai no Manner (love that track).
Old 2009.10.20, 01:27 AM   #97
Scribble R

I listened to Tokai no Manner a few days and go and thought that it was actually pretty good. I know when it was released there was a lot of 'It has a Phase 2 sound' (Or was that the Puffy song? I haven't actually listened to that) and 'Shoujo Robot v2'

I was hoping that they would cover Tokai Manners during COUNTDOWN. If they wanted to, the whole setlist could consist of Amagasa, the Tori Dori songs, the Puffy song and Sanmon Gossip era. And of course the new music. They needn't touch the older TJ/SR music at all, unless they're going to open with Shuukyou. They may save that for the tour though.

Just thought I'd post this

Old 2009.10.21, 12:15 PM   #98
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
The band’s fourth album is on the way. Look forward, not back.
Dont dwell in the past? Thats an interesting message for the official site to address to the fans.
Old 2009.10.21, 12:24 PM   #99
Scribble R

Geez, ShadyNook, and I was just about to post too. People are going to think that I'm eager =P

I was just going to say though, we'll be getting the news at 12 noon 23rd, so it'll actually come through on Thursday for most of us.

And I've just discovered that the reason people are thinking that it is going to be Ultraman related, is because Ultraman can only stay in his Ultraman form for three minutes, apparently.

Coupled with the December 12 Ultraman film release, is it OK to assume that this single IS Ultraman related?

Woah, also, they're all wearing different colours (kinda), and there's an emphasis on the different poses, like a sentai squad. And

I lurve speculation

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.10.21 at 12:38 PM.
Old 2009.10.21, 03:13 PM   #100
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Geez, ShadyNook, and I was just about to post too. People are going to think that I'm eager =P

I was just going to say though, we'll be getting the news at 12 noon 23rd, so it'll actually come through on Thursday for most of us.

And I've just discovered that the reason people are thinking that it is going to be Ultraman related, is because Ultraman can only stay in his Ultraman form for three minutes, apparently.

Coupled with the December 12 Ultraman film release, is it OK to assume that this single IS Ultraman related?

Woah, also, they're all wearing different colours (kinda), and there's an emphasis on the different poses, like a sentai squad. And

I lurve speculation
if the movie had an ultraman tie-in, don't you think they would have announced it already along with the single?

about the kronekodown translation, in japanese that part actually says tanoshimini machimashou which is actually "lets look forward to it." I'm not entirely sure why they put the "look forward, not back" but its a start, right?

It was my understanding that the news on the 23rd are details for the tour dates. I'm hoping album details come with, but that might be a little too much to ask for.
Closed Thread