Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Community Center > Site Announcements/Feedback/Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2008.07.28, 06:26 PM   #31
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Don't know why this is such a big topic...I think the rules have always been there and it's just a way for the label to take down sites that they think are harmful to the product. I'm sure that sites such as ours are in no way endagered.

I'm pretty sure Shiinaringo.se was taken down because of indifference/low traffic, am I wrong or did he actually receive some kind of cease and desist?

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.29, 01:08 AM   #32
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
I'm pretty sure Shiinaringo.se was taken down because of indifference/low traffic, am I wrong or did he actually receive some kind of cease and desist?
Have you actually went there?
They clearly explain the reasons there.

I think the big topic here is the English version of Kronekodow, which is AAWEsome, if they continue to release the news in english after the 10th Aniversary releases.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.29, 04:52 AM   #33
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

He doesn't really explain it. By reading between the lines you get a sense that he's just indifferent to the idea of continuing to maintain the site. I'm sure no sensible man would've been threatened by ridiculous rules like the ones posted on the Kronekodow site.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.30, 12:35 PM   #34
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Q: I have the only site on the Net with all the lyrics to all of Sheena Ringo's songs. It's the one thing I'm proud of. Pretty amazing, don't you think?
A: This is a copyright violation. You have posted the lyrics without permission, so please remove them from your site. Kronekodow does not individually authorize such use and is not in the position to do so. We are not able to respond to any requests for permission.
I feel like they're talking about me there. XD I doubt they are, but you know.

Anyway, my translations, and the ones made by other people, are copyright to them/me. Kronekodow has no jurisdiction over the translations. And I'm pretty sure romanizations also count as original work, i.e. "not the original lyrics." I guess if you posted the kanji lyrics they could have a problem, but I don't, sooo.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.30, 01:06 PM   #35
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Well, if I made a song that sounded too much like Kabukichou no jou, they could still conceivably sue me even if it was technically original. So I can imagine translated lyrics are still copyrighted by the original IP owner. Not that I'm a copyright lawyer.

But like as been said, I highly doubt its anything more than legal mumbo-jumbo. And translated lyrics would be pretty low on their agenda anyway.
Old 2008.07.30, 02:18 PM   #36
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

I'm not sure about the translations stuff...
I've read many times before that it's illegal to translate text that you don't have the rights for. Which covers fansubs, books, etc.
Again, it's not something I support or agree with (myself having translated many "illegal" things), but I like to be sure of these things.
Old 2008.07.30, 02:47 PM   #37
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Yeah. I mean, feel free to correct me, I made a lot of declarative statements I would LIKE to be true but am not sure on. I won't be offended if I turn out to be wrong, haha.

But yeah, until I get a cease and desist letter, I'm not taking anything down (it would pain me way too much! Besides, I've always felt that Japanese people got their panties in WAY too much of a twist over copyright violations. CLAMP's website used to say that none of their pictures could be posted anywhere on the web. Um, wishful thinking, guys... not gonna happen. I wish Japan would be realistic about this and not ridiculously by-the-book).
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.30, 03:01 PM   #38
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
CLAMP's website used to say that none of their pictures could be posted anywhere on the web.
LOL!
Now *that's* funny, even more coming from CLAMP. Maybe they are unfamiliar with internet or unaware of their popularity

Anyways, I thinks it's better to wait for a C&D too. That way we could really be sure if they are looking for sites that "violate copyright laws" or if they put those Interview-Kind-Of-Rules just because.
Old 2008.08.01, 07:57 AM   #39
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

I "temporarily" closed sr.se, to get some comments and think stuff through. Of course it would be possible to neglect it all and just keep on running, but what would happen if everyone conformed to the rules and laws of that page?

At first I was a bit angry (I admit I didn't find that page in Japanese) and thought "fine, they don't want fan sites", so I thought "they don't need fans then". At the same time, being a real fan, maybe you should "conform". Currently I'm not sure anymore which way to look at it.

If we'd reopen again, maybe it would be a toned down site with news stuff mostly... (but, the ENglish version of Kronekodow should be enough for that??) Or reopen the old one just as usual...
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.01, 08:02 AM   #40
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

you should open it up if that's what you wanna do!! do what you like with your own site until they actually send you a cease & desist order (if ever)
your site was pretty nice it'd be a shame if this was the end for it.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2008.08.01 at 08:06 AM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote