Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Community Center > Site Announcements/Feedback/Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2007.06.27, 07:43 PM   #1
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer
Default The Principles of this Community

Remember a few months before the "incident" when I posted in RJ 'Community News' asking how I was going to upgrade the forums, with the domain costs, forum relocation fees and the rest. No more spam or ads - that was the plan. It would have been a great message board. The only problem was the cost.

Funny how it all worked out without costing me a dime.
You weren't going to fork over so much as even a dime, unless enough people were to join you in doing so. A true leader does what he asks his people to do, and if it's not a military situation, the leader by no means has to wait for everyone else's support before taking action. Fronting all the cash first, then slowly collecting donations after the fact, has actually garnered much more support, and I'm proud of each and every one of the donators of this community, because they hardly had to be coaxed, and none of them did it based on which other users were or weren't also going ahead with it. I think it's safe to say they're mature people. In the end this might not cost me a dime either (though I'll always be perfectly willing to pay whatever needs to be paid), and it'll have been from being as patient as someone with this much entrusted responsibility should be. Funny how that works out.

But;
Obviously everyone knows that wasn't the main reason I went ban happy. The reason I really ended up hating Ringo Jihen was the fact how divided the forums became. You know the feeling, as it already happened here. I dispise how every time Shiina Ringo makes a new release, certain members trash it to bits. It's okay to have an opinion, but they preach it. They claim Ringo has produced utter shit since KSK. Well, I consider myself a fanboy to Shiina, and, stuff like that pisses me off. I cannot stand people that insult Ringo, who I have invested time, money and utter dedication to.

I don't know if anyone else here feels that but... For myself, it annoys the fuck out of me.

Games are fun.
Life is boring without excitement.
If you want to talk about investment and dedication...

Aside from me paying the upfront costs of this community, you should take another glance at my listed collection. You don't simply throw money at that. It took a lot of thoughtful searching, and patience. Remember when I was an "elitist douche" at Ringo Jihen? You'd be one too, if you were always awake at odd hours to get a last-minute bid on one rare auction after another, in addition to paying lots of money and having very little of it for anything else.

Now the point I'm trying to illustrate here isn't about who is "the bigger fan". This is about the retribution you think you have the justification to deliver. Following the pattern of your philosophy, it would be canon for someone of my background to ban a whole crowd of users for the same reason a small handful were banned at Ringo Jihen. Except the reality is, when it comes to other people who follow the rules, my "moral highground" (from what I've invested in Shiina Ringo) is irrelevant. Difference of opinion is the main reason why this memberbase is important to me. If this were like any other fanbase of a musician, you'd have a bunch of zealots preaching the same brainwashed-like testimonials. Individuality is extremely important to me. Some of the members of this community who I respect the most are the people who disagree with me, and not because they disagree, but because they are forthright and constructive about what they believe.

When you have an artist so diverse, you simply aren't going to get consensus among the fanbase for which song or album is "the best", and I think that's great, because it means Shiina Ringo is doing her job, even when my likes/dislikes among her work do not match up with the likes/dislikes of other people.

To be honest, there really is at least a small handful of not-so-constructive people in this community who annoy me with their 'irrational' or 'naive' opinions similarly as much as The Rebellious Three annoyed you, but even then, I wouldn't dream of banning them. The fact that people who disagree with me (with or without legitimate reasons) have joined and posted here comfortably, means this community is meeting my goal, which is not to have as many 'members' as possible or only have people who agree with me. When people disagree (and to some extent they always will), that gives this community more to talk about, and so we by no means need "the Black shiina" or anymore kind of drama from the likes of you.

I would prefer to have people disagreeing about OSCA, rather than disagree on whether or not you should be able to run rampant here. If you're more interested in getting a rise out of people rather than participating in healthy debate (say what you will about the manners of other members - they don't provoke each other anywhere near as much as you've attempted to provoke Mr "ONEhand"), you can find out how much longer the admins allow that to continue.

I realize that I am my own worst enemy, and until I somehow fix that problem, it would be a waste of energy for me to hate you or anyone else here. I can only hope you'll go through the same journey of self-awareness, one way or another.
Glathannus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.27, 08:01 PM   #2
Jer

Jer is headed in the right direction

Music forums on the internets are serious business.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.27, 08:11 PM   #3
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I cannot stand people that insult Ringo, who I have invested time, money and utter dedication to.
"You" say that like the people who "insult" SR haven't done the same.
Old 2007.06.27, 09:58 PM   #4
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Difference of opinion is the main reason why this memberbase is important to me. If this were like any other fanbase of a musician, you'd have a bunch of zealots preaching the same brainwashed-like testimonials. Individuality is extremely important to me.
I totally agree. I get just as pissed as whoever you quoted (I guess Op?) but its better than everyone agreeing. This is the only music forum I post on because whenever I search for a forum for most other artists I like it is usually filled with fanboys/girls who just post how much they love the artist and that is no fun.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.28, 12:33 AM   #5
Linnéa

Linnéa is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
I totally agree. I get just as pissed as whoever you quoted (I guess Op?) but its better than everyone agreeing. This is the only music forum I post on because whenever I search for a forum for most other artists I like it is usually filled with fanboys/girls who just post how much they love the artist and that is no fun.
Agreed
I learn so much about everything - not just Ringo, but people in general, humor, music - from EM. And that is especially because people do have different opiníons...

The reason I really ended up hating Ringo Jihen was the fact how divided the forums became. You know the feeling, as it already happened here.
Strongly disagree. Some people have more similar opinions than others but in what way is that a negative thing?
Linnéa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.28, 12:58 AM   #6
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Well, I consider myself a fanboy to Shiina, and, stuff like that pisses me off.
The ones that are disappointed of anything after KSK could be even more fanboy-ish than you. I mean they stick to the old Shiina no matter what. Isn't that dedication? And what kind of fanboy is worth more? None.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.28, 05:24 AM   #7
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

This community has a very fresh group of people when it comes to opinions. I don't mind it if somebody doesn't like a Ringo release, and I don't feel like anybody is shoving anything down anybodies throat. More importantly, there is no friction between people with different opinions. We may discuss with each other why we think one thing or another, because that is what a forum is for, but at the end of the day everybody respects each other and we all, as far as I can tell, mostly get along fine with or without absolute blind love for Ringo's work. As for people being banned for their opinion, I mean come on... I can understand a grammar natzee, but an Opinion Nazi... ridiculous.
Old 2007.06.28, 06:55 AM   #8
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I dispise how every time Shiina Ringo makes a new release, certain members trash it to bits. It's okay to have an opinion, but they preach it. They claim Ringo has produced utter shit since KSK. Well, I consider myself a fanboy to Shiina, and, stuff like that pisses me off. I cannot stand people that insult Ringo, who I have invested time, money and utter dedication to.

I don't know if anyone else here feels that but... For myself, it annoys the fuck out of me.

Well... this is something I've got to agree with him about =/

I already pretty much stopped reading the posts regarding SR/TJ-News, because of the whole bashing that's ALWAYS going on there...
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.28, 08:13 AM   #9
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by MBF View Post
Well... this is something I've got to agree with him about =/

I already pretty much stopped reading the posts regarding SR/TJ-News, because of the whole bashing that's ALWAYS going on there...
I don't think there is constant bashing though. The OSCA thread, for example, I'd say is split into 1/3 that love it, 1/3 that hate it and 1/3 that are lukewarm and I think everybody has put across their perfectly valid opinions for what they think fairly. It's not as if it's full of people shouting "God, Ringo sucks. This song is shit". What has been implied makes it sound much worse than it is.
Old 2007.06.28, 02:22 PM   #10
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by MBF View Post
That's a joke, right? The only bashing that occurred was by kuro neko and that had nothing to do with anything SR-related (nor was it even that bad). The problem with this statement (and those often made by Op) is that it implies that anything short of complete praise is either bashing or hating or saying it's "complete shit." Legit criticism is far too often confused with hating or bashing at this forum and at the previous forum. Rarely can I recall somebody simply saying, "This sucks. I hate it." without explaining why.

Last edited by Maou : 2007.06.29 at 11:05 AM.
Maou is offline   Reply With Quote